Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

clicking on this thread is like opening a bag of dicks and finding out you didn't even get real dicks, just a bunch of weird dildos

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Centripetal Horse posted:

"Happy" is not the right word. I guess I felt a little less lovely. That doesn't make sense, though. It's becoming increasingly obvious that I am mentally ill.

Buck up, at least you're not a boring repetitive moron with a walrus avatar.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

notZaar posted:

What's going on here? Is this a doobie thread? Did GBS sponsor another deadbeat?

gbs houses incredibly gullible retards and this man is a hobo that will build you a wooden fence for a plate of biscuits

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:omarcomin:

.random
May 7, 2007

Is there a summary of the last thread somewhere? I apparently didn't end up bookmarking it, but I got as far as cat-doption and working on a giant truck-TV rig before I lost track of the thread and I'm not sure if I have the intestinal fortitude (:smug:) to trudge through it all.

fake edit: the parentheses make my smug look like he has some massive traps, and I am ok with this

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Hey way to go OP. Glad you're alive and really fending for yourself and remembering the people who helped you get back on your feet. Look into carpentry and build yourself a set of spoons and shelves and poo poo. Keep up the good work

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"I didn't even want the money but I'm not gonna pass up free meth if they're just handing it out."

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

gbs houses incredibly gullible retards and this man is a hobo that will build you a wooden fence for a plate of biscuits

Or babysit your child after only meeting him in person once for like 10 minutes

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

dad gay. so what posted:

stop being such a needy bitch all the time.

And no, nobody is going to send you money (again!) so you can repair that clown car of yours.

Get a cheap bicycle/moped/whatever or ride the bus for a while, and save money for a different car, or for repairing the current one (whatever makes senses economically)

You know, what normal people would do (instead of whining/begging on the internet). And yes, I am talking from experience.

wiley e. sheep
Feb 15, 2016

by zen death robot
hes not a liar, you just dont like him

what are you doing for work?

get a bicycle.

also, gently caress detroit !

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

id send you some money but coincidentally i'm currently living in a library myself

so, send me money i guess?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

My car exploded. I got a couple of paychecks under my belt. I paid a month's rent, outfitted my kitchen, put food in the cupboards, bought a cheap office chair and folding plastic table, and so on. I gave $500 back to the goon who got me the job, and who let me stay with him when I first got here. I sent $500 to the goon who helped me fix my car. I was thinking that I could start getting a little cushion under me. Then, my car exploded. I get paid this week. I owe more money to both goons, and I owe back rent from the first partial month I was here. I owe my first gas bill, which must have been a loving doozy, because my 1/3rd of 1/2 month's gas is apparently $100, despite it being cold enough in here to make ice cubes on my kitchen counter. Maybe it's time to give up the ghost, and buy an embarrassing $500 hoopty. I don't have high hopes for my car being salvageable, anyway.

I've been in a very lovely place, mentally, ever since I got to Detroit. Those of you who followed the thread noticed my disappearance, I am sure. I have no reason to feel so down. I got off the streets, and I got a good job (although that hasn't been all smooth sailing), and I have some sort of prospects for the first time in a while. This incident is just exactly what I needed. Now, I have a reason to feel lovely. That's what I call a step in the right direction.

I just looked at bus schedules. I can choose from two: one guarantees that I will be late, because it drops me off a twenty-minute walk from work, fifteen minutes before the latest I am allowed to arrive; the other necessitates me leaving two-and-a-half hours before I need to be at work, and also has the twenty-minute snow trek on the other side.

I suppose Uber is another option, at around $15 each way, or a little less, or a lot more, depending on whether I am traveling during surge hours, and whether the cheapest level of Uber is available. So, $30 or so per day, as long as I travel at off-peak hours, and don't tip the driver.

In other news, I cooked some chicken breasts several days ago. I was just eating one cold out of the fridge (I don't have a microwave), and after popping a few bites down my gullet, I looked down and realized it was red on the inside. I don't know how that happened. The others were all cooked through. We may have another food poisoning episode on the horizon. Stay tuned!

In summary: I should have bought the Mercedes.

It's too bad that the first time something worth posting about happened, it had to be something bad. I promise to also post a thread if I win the Powerball.

Lmao I hope you die dude.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
waaaah I'm too dumb to cook chicken and now im scared can someone lend me 500$

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Time to make your Av a reality, methinks.

Acres of Quakers fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 16, 2016

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
op sounds like a real loser

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Who the hell suggested Detroit

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
you know what, never mind. go buy a moped

Enfield fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 16, 2016

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
OP when's the last time you got an oil change and I don't mean just dumped oil into your car?

Also there's no way you can't find some beater for a few hundred. Look on Craigslist or something, or walk around the city and keep an eye out for some piece of poo poo in someone's driveway with writing on the window. That's usually a lazy way to advertise a sale.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

nickhimself posted:

OP when's the last time you got an oil change and I don't mean just dumped oil into your car?

He got an oil change right before leaving Las Vegas.

It'll be the trans anyway, those always go out wayyy before the engine, which is a 3800G2 and lives forever.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Who the hell suggested Detroit

Hahhahaha. Trolled hard Indeed. Poor dude. OP stop eating raw chicken and go get a slice of delicious Detroit style pizza from Buscemis party store (locations thoroughout the metro area) and punch up CL for a cheap car.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
get out of Detroit, dingus

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I've been in a very lovely place, mentally, ever since I got to Detroit.

this is on the city seal

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

goddamn, i can't make rent *takes uber to the homeless shelter*

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

satanic splash-back posted:

clicking on this thread is like opening a bag of dicks and finding out you didn't even get real dicks, just a bunch of weird dildos

The Occupation of the Oregon wildlife refuge has ended. Don't you keep up?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Supreme Allah posted:

Buck up, at least you're not a boring repetitive moron with a walrus avatar.

It's good to have things to be thankful for.

Gilganixon posted:

id send you some money but coincidentally i'm currently living in a library myself

so, send me money i guess?

Start a thread, unless your library is more boring than mine was.

Bokito posted:

And no, nobody is going to send you money (again!) so you can repair that clown car of yours.

Minimalist Program posted:

waaaah I'm too dumb to cook chicken and now im scared can someone lend me 500$

I don't want money. A couple of months of busing it, and I'll be able to afford a semi-reasonable car. That is going to super-suck, but I will live. The last couple of goons who sent me money got it sent right back to them.

a messed up horse posted:

this is on the city seal

Lol

RNG posted:

goddamn, i can't make rent *takes uber to the homeless shelter*

Not being able to make rent was the last thread. I am gainfully employed, now.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Gee let me as a non american imagine one place in america that is definitely a poo poo hole

is it...detroit??!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Guess maybe you should have went with the Honda Shadow.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

donkey salami posted:

You can meet girls on the bus!

My grandfather never told me "Never date girls you meet on a Detroit bus", but if he'd managed to live until I made it to the hospital I'm 100% sure he would have.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Take the bus!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i mean lets realtalk OP, i was following your last thread up until the point where the cats were saved but you were still looking like you were gonna die. im glad to find out you somehow moved, got loans that you actually paid back, got a job, and apparently live in your own place. seriously, i am glad (and surprised, im sure you know most of these stories dont actually end this way). you probably suffered and overcame more than most goons ever will, whether it was of your own doing or not.

but now you're in detroit living a life that im guessing is bottom of the food chain of real adulthood. your car exploded. its not exactly surprising you arent "happy" lol. rewelcome to real life. but just remember where you were (making GBS threads blood in a library) and where you got to in a short amount of time. make this poitn in your life as desperate as the last one and proceed to make as big of a jump as you just did in as short amount of time as possible.

or dont, but you know you can.

YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer
Pretty sure if you explain your situation to your boss that they'll let you arrive a little later until you can get your ride sorted.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

YardGlass posted:

Pretty sure if you explain your situation to your boss that they'll let you arrive a little later until you can get your ride sorted.

yeah do this and link this thread to prove you are not lying!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the OP is a lying sack of poo poo

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

I like how in Detroit they don't bother to even brush all the snow off the cars for craigslist ads.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/search/cto?is_paid=all&search_distance_type=mi&max_price=1500

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

You should leave the cats where they are. You can't even cook yourself dinner without loving up. Focus on learning to take care of yourself before ruining the lives of other living creatures, by forcing them to live with your incompetent rear end.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
eat the cats

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

which is worse: lying about giving yourself food poisoning, or being so stupid you give yourself food poisoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
Actually the cheap used car market is dead thanks to cash 4 clunkers, fuckin' Obama.

• Locked thread