Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
HGH & Centaur Paintings is back for an action-packed 2016 season! Fraternal greetings to the Dear Leader, Alex Rodriguez, may his masterful resurgence continue in the game of Based Balls.

Last season The Castro District defeated the Habana Rojos, securing the coveted $60 prize and the admiration of all players.

:siren: Stupid Special Rules :siren:
  • There is a :10bux: entry fee, with the money divvied up 60/30/10 to the first, second, and third place teams respectively. Last year everyone got their money, which is apparently an amazing feat in internet fantasy baseball.
  • Mandatory 3 Keeper rules. You must keep 3 players before the draft, despite how lovely your roster is. That's it on keepers, we have no other weird rules about them having to be dropped or whatever.
  • This year's theme is the Korean Baseball Organization. Feel free to make your team name a reference to bat flips, cult of personality dictators, or whatever delicious barbecue dish you enjoy.

This is a majority goon ESPN league, two people aren't from this site but they're equally as nerdy about baseball. There is at least one opening this season, and there will likely be more as some people haven't replied to me yet.

Scoring is Average, Home Runs, RBI, Runs, Walks, and Stolen Bases on offense. Strikeouts, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

Here is a giant image explaining the roster size. There's an extra pitcher's spot or two than the default ESPN league, and 3 DL spots for all your pitchers who have gone on the DL with "forearm tightness" while Dr James Andrews prepares his axe.

There's no limit on roster transactions, but to prevent someone at 4:59am EST on a Monday picking up the next Mike Trout, we have the Free Agent Auction system.

Playoffs is top 4 teams based upon record. If there is a tie we look at your head-to-head record. If that is somehow a tie the team with the most players busted for steroids will advance. if that is somehow a tie we will tweet Alex Rodriguez directly and await further instructions.

:siren: We are drafting Sunday, March 13 at 8PM EST. :siren:

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

That is a pro banner, I think it's the second best Batista-related photoshop this league has ever seen.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I'm waiting on one more person before I post the available team(s).

cebrail posted:

That is a pro banner, I think it's the second best Batista-related photoshop this league has ever seen.

Haha I just got this joke and it's amazing. We had some A+++ team names last year, I hope our Korean-themed league will deliver as well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm much less overextended this year so if there's a spot I'd like to return to let you all take my money

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
1. I favor the Match 20 date now but I can make the 13th work or I'll just autodraft.

2. Did you delete whoever that was that went idle from May on last season?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

1. I favor the Match 20 date now but I can make the 13th work or I'll just autodraft.

2. Did you delete whoever that was that went idle from May on last season?

It was Babaloa Ruth, who hasn't responded to my e-mails, either.

So yeah if anyone here is Babaloa let me know because I'm about to post your team!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Willing to join only to use the name Dear Leadoff Hitter.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay we have one opening left!

Moneyball, please PM me if you want in, or drop your email in this thread behind spoiler tags.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 26, 2016

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Team two looks like the one to go with. rlarivee01@hotmail.com yeah.. hotmail

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay invite sent!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Snake draft or auction? I've been more into drafts the last couple seasons.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moneyball posted:

Snake draft or auction? I've been more into drafts the last couple seasons.

We do the snake draft. It's hilarious because my hopes and dreams are dashed live in front of everyone.

Here's another pic I made for the thread but liked the Bautista one better

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Was my one season in the league that awful that my request to join was ignored :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

Was my one season in the league that awful that my request to join was ignored :(

I thought you were still in the league. I have a hard time remembering who is who on the forums, my bad! I am confusing you with the other Giants poster.

I would definitely love to have you back, send me a PM or post your email.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I guess carrying the burden of 3 titles in 5 years is the price I pay for getting my second choice of the remaining teams. Jmkrisko at Gmail dot com.

(Everyone is free to hate me for that)

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Did I steal your team?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yeah but it's fine. Braun/E5/MadBum isn't the ideal 3 keepers but I guess there was a reason this team was abandoned

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Thinking about stupid puns is the best part of fantasy baseball season. I'm so proud of my newest creation.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Can we trade players on our current roster for draft picks?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Yeah but it's fine. Braun/E5/MadBum isn't the ideal 3 keepers but I guess there was a reason this team was abandoned

If it helps, looks like you have the first pick in the draft if we're going by last year's standings.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

I guess carrying the burden of 3 titles in 5 years is the price I pay for getting my second choice of the remaining teams. Jmkrisko at Gmail dot com.

(Everyone is free to hate me for that)

I legit thought you were still in the league and was posting that you were coming back. I think we have at least 3 Giants fans.

coronaball posted:

Can we trade players on our current roster for draft picks?

No, is that possible in ESPN Fantasy? I'd totally consider doing it next year.

Moneyball posted:

If it helps, looks like you have the first pick in the draft if we're going by last year's standings.

It's totally randomized, which is okay because we only have 3 Keepers. First 3 rounds should have solid dudes. Joey Votto was the 66th pick last year.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

cebrail posted:

Thinking about stupid puns is the best part of fantasy baseball season. I'm so proud of my newest creation.

Also that is a very good photoshop/team name. I was hoping someone would make a reference to Starcraft.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

No, is that possible in ESPN Fantasy? I'd totally consider doing it next year.

"" posted:

DRAFT PICK TRADING (League Manager Leagues ONLY)
Owners in LM leagues can make trades involving draft picks. These types of transactions can only take place prior to the Keeper deadline for LM Leagues. Trades can be made involving exchanges of draft picks only, or trading some combination of player(s) and draft picks. It is important to note that you are trading for an owner's pick in a given round, and there is no assurance that the overall slot will remain the same.
EXAMPLE: You trade your first-round pick (2nd overall for Team A) for another owner's first-round pick (5th overall for Team B) and fifth-round pick (Team B) . Following processing of the trade, if the League Manager manipulates the initial draft order and Team B now has the 8th pick overall, that is the pick that you will end up receiving (not the 5th overall pick). It would then be your responsibility to discuss this matter with your League Manager.
If you trade and receive a net total of draft picks greater than the number of rounds in the draft then the draft will end and you will not acquire any players following the pick in which you complete your roster maximum.

EXAMPLE: You have 12 draft picks after trading and your draft is scheduled to run for 10 rounds. After 10 picks (no matter what round) your draft would end. You will be able to watch the draft process, but when it reaches your selection you will be skipped over and no players will be added to your team.

I guess that means you can send a player via trade for nothing, and then the manager manually adjusts the draft order. I just proposed a trade where I sent Miguel Cabrera to Spoeank for nothing in return and it accepted it, so that part works. (I cancelled the proposal immediately)

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

I guess that means you can send a player via trade for nothing, and then the manager manually adjusts the draft order. I just proposed a trade where I sent Miguel Cabrera to Spoeank for nothing in return and it accepted it, so that part works. (I cancelled the proposal immediately)

Interesting. My hesitation toward doing it is that if over the season someone traded a ton of draft picks and then left a team that was crippled in the following draft.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

I legit thought you were still in the league and was posting that you were coming back. I think we have at least 3 Giants fans.

No worries. I bowed out last year because I ended up in like 8 leagues

The creative juices haven't hit me yet so far all I have is lol Kim Jong Un is fat lol

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok I went ahead and set the draft to

Sunday, Mar 13, 8:00 PM ET.

Let me know if this doesn't work for some reason, I can switch the time around or move it back a week to the 20th.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

That's ~*my birthday*~ do I get the first pick?

I'm not doing anything special that day so it works for me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'd prefer the 20th, I already have 2 drafts the 13th, but I can make it work if it doesn't work for other people.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Paypal sent, as I said before I'd prefer 3/20 but can make 3/13 work, sorta.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Money sent, and I like 3/13. 3/20 would probably work too though.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there anyone who can't make the 20th? I can change it if it is a huge problem. I'm okay with either, although I'd prefer 13th because it's sooner and I don't want to confuse folks.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Paid up. I can do whenever.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok I need to know if I should change the date or not. Also ESPN is giving url errors on imgur pics for some reason so here's this

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'd prefer the 20th but will go along with whatever you guys want. My schedule is kinda crazy right now and I might be autopicking no matter when we draft but that's OK.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

So let's get a final decision.

PB, corona, Spoeank prefer 20th, throw me in as well because I'll be drunk on the 13th

cebrail and Rand for 13th

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok I am going to go ahead and switch it to the 20th.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I still haven't got $10 from everyone, if you haven't sent it in please do so before the draft.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Starters and Sano available. Probably for keeper-worthy players, in the case of Scherzer and Fernandez

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Next year I'll definitely prepare properly again. I was frantically fangraphsing stats the entire time and every time I decided on a player he got picked by someone else. I forgot how stressful it is without having a nice spreadsheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My team is so bad.

If only I had drafted Brandon Crawford.

• Locked thread