Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If it's for Marco, Koufos, or any of the random guys on the bench other than the loveable Quincy Acy, then I'd be pleased.

But it will be for McLemore and I'll be sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

It's probably nothing but teams have called the Sixers about Jah.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ty1990 posted:

It's probably nothing but teams have called the Sixers about Jah.

"Jah tried by a beer from one of our concession stands using Carl Landry's ID"

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Doesn't Bud have all the front office power too?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Only 27 more hours for someone to win the Chase Budinger sweepstakes.

McLemore seems like a good buy low candidate

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yeah, I'm completely baffled as to why they're potentially blowing it up. They're not playing as well as last year, but they still have a decent shot at a deep playoff run and the Finals.

They're well coached by Buds, can score and play defense, have depth and a good mix of youth and veterans, Milsap and Horford are both in their primes and top 20/30 players in the league, the Cavs are still the Cavs and Boston/Toronto will come back to earth at some point.

This is like the 10th post asking for Boston/Toronto to "fall back to Earth". They seem like much better teams than the rest of the pack in the East, and they are both looking to improve their lineups going forward and have decent numbers of assets to do it so there's not really any reason to think they are going to get worse unless they pull the trigger on a trade that totally fucks their team up or they have catastrophic injury problems. Toronto has had Valanciunas out for 20 games and Carroll out for 30 games this season and they are still near the top.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Strawberry Panda posted:

Doesn't Bud have all the front office power too?

Yes. They really need a GM, before he does more stupid poo poo

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Libertine posted:

This is like the 10th post asking for Boston/Toronto to "fall back to Earth". They seem like much better teams than the rest of the pack in the East, and they are both looking to improve their lineups going forward and have decent numbers of assets to do it so there's not really any reason to think they are going to get worse unless they pull the trigger on a trade that totally fucks their team up or they have catastrophic injury problems. Toronto has had Valanciunas out for 20 games and Carroll out for 30 games this season and they are still near the top.

I think they're both in the top 4 teams in the East; I was referring to how both teams are winning 80%-90% of their games over the last monthish.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WorstBest trade ever

I hope this happens. Replace Mo with Mike Miller's trade exception. Why doesn't the trade machine let you plug those in?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/Darren_Collison/status/700014257044197376

But is Rudy good :tinfoil:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

ButtWolf posted:

WorstBest trade ever

I hope this happens. Replace Mo with Mike Miller's trade exception. Why doesn't the trade machine let you plug those in?

You can't use trade exceptions to "add" to a trade. It has to be a trade exception by itself on one side. So you can't use a 6 mil contract and 6 mil exception to match a 12 mil contract.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Woj reporting that the Bulls are trying to move Pau.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lockback posted:

You can't use trade exceptions to "add" to a trade. It has to be a trade exception by itself on one side. So you can't use a 6 mil contract and 6 mil exception to match a 12 mil contract.

Oh. I dont get it all then. What is it for?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

ButtWolf posted:

Oh. I dont get it all then. What is it for?

You can use one exception in an isolated deal. They can't be combined with players or other exceptions in the same transaction.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/sources-kings-getting-calls-gay-mclemore-belinelli-koufos

quote:

The team had an attractive offer on the table for Tobias Harris before he was dealt to Detroit on Tuesday, according to sources. Adding a stretch-four makes sense for Sacramento, but it also makes Koufos extremely expendable. He’s a great locker room guy, but he may not be a great fit for this club in its current construction.

Such is the life of a Kings fan :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Man, whatever happened to Courtney Lee. He had the easiest job in the world for memphis, just defend and shoot open 3's from post-ups.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kibner posted:

You can use one exception in an isolated deal. They can't be combined with players or other exceptions in the same transaction.

And of course teams never ever make a lopsided deal in one deal then use the trade exception with the same team in a separate deal because that would be skirting the spirit of the rule

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Most teams never use their trade exemptions. I can't think of the last trade that did involve one

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

And of course teams never ever make a lopsided deal in one deal then use the trade exception with the same team in a separate deal because that would be skirting the spirit of the rule

When the Lakers traded for Steve Nash, they used the trade exception created by trading LO

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I love NBA twitter
https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/700041035846676481?s=09

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

:agreed: More team officials should openly make fun of sports reporters for rumormongering

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Intruder posted:

I may just be imagining or mis-remembering things, but I thought the NBA before this season started state that they will be monitoring transactions like this much more closely than they have in the past in an attempt to enforce the spirit of the rule.

That's not to say that teams won't still try it. If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Whoa, for some reason I thought KK was in his 30s.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Considering Miami was one of Pau's considerations before going to Chicago, a Pau-Whiteside swap might be interesting if Houston won't bite on Whiteside.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
ffuck you hoops critic

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/700033844074799104

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Considering Miami was one of Pau's considerations before going to Chicago, a Pau-Whiteside swap might be interesting if Houston won't bite on Whiteside.

Whiteside would be terrible on the Bulls and if they want him they could just try to sign him in the offseason anyway. Pau isn't a salary-dump guy.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Come on, why aren't there any more rumors :(

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Horford is a free agent after this year and has indicated he wants to leave, are people really perplexed as to why the Hawks might be looking to make deals? Trying to get assets back for a player you're probably going to lose anyway isn't the same as 'blowing it up'.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah it's one of those things that fanbases never want at the time but appreciate in hindsight. My dad to this day still rants about the Raptors letting Bosh go for nothing.

The Glumslinger posted:

Ok, sure, here's some stuff blatantly stolen from Hoopshype's rumour aggregator that may or may not be full of poo poo.

" Jake Fischer: The Pistons are indeed looking for a point guard, per a team source. But Detroit is in search of a backup to, not upgrading, Reggie Jackson.

" A first-round pick and a rotation player. That’s the asking price, according to league sources, from the Bulls in most of their trade talks as Thursday’s 2 p.m. deadline approaches. The Bulls have been in several discussions, with most talk centered on Pau Gasol, Taj Gibson and Tony Snell, sources said. Not surprisingly, there has been little interest in Snell."

" Nate Taylor: Frank Vogel: “We are not shopping George Hill.”

"Andy Vasquez: Prokorov was asked if lack of a GM would change how Nets approach tomorrow’s deadline. He said Nets may make a small trade, but that’s it. "

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 17, 2016

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Horford is a free agent after this year and has indicated he wants to leave, are people really perplexed as to why the Hawks might be looking to make deals? Trying to get assets back for a player you're probably going to lose anyway isn't the same as 'blowing it up'.

If Horford goes then everyone else may as well get sold off.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

The Glumslinger posted:

Fine.

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/700067707413209088

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Lmaooooo. Ryan Anderson for Kevin Love, who says no?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Strawberry Panda posted:

Some rando posted "Ryno for Kyrie?" :lol:

It would be funny to watch LeBron, Love, and Anderson on both offense and defense.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Would you like to trade Kevin Love for this guy who does basically the same exact thing but worse in every way. We expect their contracts to be the same.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lockback posted:

Would you like to trade Kevin Love for this guy who does basically the same exact thing but worse in every way. We expect their contracts to be the same.

Yes, but no one expects the Ryno to be all world player. That and full court chest passes and rebounding, but yeah very similar players.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/700080348260995072
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/700080523129933824

George Karl is like the worst person to be a lame duck coach

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just expect any Kings news that comes out to read basically like

"Player, coach, management all disagree on course of action, agree it best to not discuss it with one another, proceed like nothing happening."

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/700091869062164481

Sixers gonna six

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Running through the Sixers with my woes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79AR0VC5wCA

All they want are assets?

You know how that poo poo go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

ugh cmon something happen!!

• Locked thread