Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
thanks for reposting buzzfeed trash, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cox MD
Sep 11, 2001

Listen Up, Newbies.
The article OP posted is down, and the one linked as the original source (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article59389341.html) states the following:

quote:

Of 7,600 applicants and recipients, about 2 percent were referred for drug testing. The 21 positive tests represent less than 0.3 percent of the people screened.

I don't get where you came up with the numbers for the title of this post.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im going to own ppl on facebook with this info

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What's the racial breakdown on these stats

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

935 posted:

The article is misleading. It counts the total number screened vs the total number failed, but doesn't mention that the screening process is dead simple to cheat (just circle NO, I don't use drugs) and not everyone screened gets tested. I actually read about this from a meme posted by someone on Facebook - the meme was right, the numbers check out.

I don't understand how receiving supplemental living benefits (aka, "welfare") is associated with positive results from an invasive drug test. Perhaps you can make the case for me, because I just don't connect these things. Seems like some kind of police state action to me.

Love,
Vitalis

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

935 posted:

I'm as liberal as they come, all drugs should be legal, we shouldn't legislate what poor people spend their money on.

Well you see captian liberal, THEY ARN'T SPENDING THEIR MONEY!

:boom:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

this just in, drugs are cool

thanks gbs rss

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I know a guy who not only has sold me weed before but seems to smoke a ton of it posting poo poo about how welfare recipients should be drug tested. His reasoning is that "our taxes shouldn't go into handouts and to fuel drug habits" and I'm like, okay fine...

...then I pointed out that he's an independent workman who does like roof work and air conditioning and doesn't he get paid under the table most of the time when he comes aboard for larger jobs? Who is getting those taxes? Then he deleted all of the Facebook comments and reposted the image five minutes later.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
man i wish i had some illicit drugs. instead i have to settle for rubbing scented oils into my ballsack to get "high".

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I know a guy who not only has sold me weed before but seems to smoke a ton of it posting poo poo about how welfare recipients should be drug tested. His reasoning is that "our taxes shouldn't go into handouts and to fuel drug habits" and I'm like, okay fine...

...then I pointed out that he's an independent workman who does like roof work and air conditioning and doesn't he get paid under the table most of the time when he comes aboard for larger jobs? Who is getting those taxes? Then he deleted all of the Facebook comments and reposted the image five minutes later.

the only moral drug use is my drug use

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

dreezy posted:

man i wish i had some illicit drugs. instead i have to settle for rubbing scented oils into my ballsack to get "high".

pinch off your sack until you get dizzy its cheapest

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

I don't believe in welfare drug tests for people without kids, but I do believe in drug tests for people that are responsible for a child. I realize this is nitpicky shades of gray stuff, but in the event of a failed drug test officials could at least see if there's anything wrong with the family in question.

I'm not saying "if you do drugs you don't deserve a family," but I think if you're doing drugs and you have a kid people should double check the family situation to make sure everything's okay.

EDIT: also weed doesn't count imho

You want to drug test literally everyone who is a parent?

Ok, but they have to go into a meat grinder if they fail, to provide food for those who don't do drugs.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

it sucks to be poor and the government should be paying 100% of my drugs
is this the reaction you wanted op

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

If paying for welfare programs keep me from getting pick pocketed more, loving fine with me.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Professor of Cats posted:

If paying for welfare programs keep me from getting pick pocketed more, loving fine with me.

isnt this literally the same thing though :confused:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Inept posted:

You want to drug test literally everyone who is a parent?

Ok, but they have to go into a meat grinder if they fail, to provide food for those who don't do drugs.

I don't think this is what I said but I like your idea more anyway.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i think its ok if they only do a little drugs

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They should combine welfare, the truman show, and the discovery channel.

To get welfare you must be on a new tv show on discovery that follows you around and puts everything you do on tv.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
eat the rich

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
code:
RACISTRACISTRACIST           RACISTRACISTRACIST       RACISTRACISTRACIST      RACIST       RACISTRACISTRACIST      RACISTRACISTRACIST
RACIST      RACIST           RACIST      RACIST       RACIST                  RACIST       RACIST                        RACIST
RACIST      RACIST           RACIST      RACIST       RACIST                  RACIST       RACISTRACISTRACIST            RACIST
RACISTRACISTRACIST           RACISTRACISTRACIST       RACIST                  RACIST                   RACIST            RACIST
RACIST          RACIST       RACIST      RACIST       RACIST                  RACIST                   RACIST            RACIST
RACIST          RACIST       RACIST      RACIST       RACIST                  RACIST                   RACIST            RACIST
RACIST           RACIST      RACIST      RACIST       RACISTRACISTRACIST      RACIST       RACISTRACISTRACIST            RACIST

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wouldn't be very expensive to drug test all welfare recipients? Does this article say how much all of these tests cost?

Well if 70 percent of people failed to show up maybe it was pretty cheap after all

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
People love to bring up that Florida already did this test and it doesn't matter.

Wanna know what Florida is also booming with, fraud.

.random
May 7, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

They should combine welfare, the truman show, and the discovery channel.

To get welfare you must be on a new tv show on discovery that follows you around and puts everything you do on tv.

I like where this is going, but it sounds like it would be a lot of work to monitor.. and it might not be that entertaining.

Maybe some of the poor people can be given the job to watch the other homeless people, and they get rewarded for snitching. When they get this great job, they won't need welfare anymore!

But to make sure they're not cheating the system and not reporting their fellow...well, you know... people...if they don't keep up a strict minimum quota, they will be fired without the ability to collect unemployment or welfare.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
maybe we should load them up into boxcars and take them to forced labor camps and then murder them en masse when they are no longer productive

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
this morning I conducted a full scientific study of the NC population to determine if they were pedophiles

99% of the sample declined to answer (did not appear at the testing site)
1% of the sample said no he is not a pedophile

shocking statistics from NC; back to you GBS

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

dad gay. so what posted:

maybe we should load them up into boxcars and take them to forced labor camps and then murder them en masse when they are no longer productive

this but for fats and uggos.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

.random posted:

I like where this is going, but it sounds like it would be a lot of work to monitor.. and it might not be that entertaining.

Maybe some of the poor people can be given the job to watch the other homeless people, and they get rewarded for snitching. When they get this great job, they won't need welfare anymore!

But to make sure they're not cheating the system and not reporting their fellow...well, you know... people...if they don't keep up a strict minimum quota, they will be fired without the ability to collect unemployment or welfare.

No being on the show only gets you welfare.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

gently caress you OP

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
The current welfare bureaucracy is preferable to mincome because at least the callous welfare recipients have REAL jobs

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The OP got the numbers wrong? Color me shocked! I am picking myself up off the floor, where I most certainly was!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
not only is the profoundly retarded op wrong about the numbers, he keeps insisting he is right despite all evidence to the contrary. the dumb gently caress believed something he read on facebook and will always believe it because it confirms his biases despite being mostly fictional.

kill yourself, op. it is the only good thing you could possibly do with your life.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What percentage of welfare recipients do you think can "out math" the OP?

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
I love the people who's response to welfare drug testing is to test everyone in the U.S. Senate. Like they are somehow involved in state level welfare drug testing. Also way to cement your argument by classifying what kind of people you will subject to this. Your pee is your own business no matter who you are.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
OP saw a facebook meme and thought to himself: "this seems factual enough to share with other people."

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If it's good enough for grandpa it's good enough for GBS
-The OP

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

ManDingo posted:

I love the people who's response to welfare drug testing is to test everyone in the U.S. Senate. Like they are somehow involved in state level welfare drug testing. Also way to cement your argument by classifying what kind of people you will subject to this. Your pee is your own business no matter who you are.

I plan to transition to working by selling my pee

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Later on, OP will reveal a fail safe algorithm for determining the name of your cell phone.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

OP how do you feel about the wealthy? Would you both suck a dick and lick a shoe?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

ManDingo posted:

As if some Senator is going to fail a piss test like some yoyo running the fry baskets at McDonalds.

I hope Donald Trump whips out his dick at his inaugeration and pisses all over the front row then goes "EVERYBODY HAS TO TAKE A PISS TEST TO LIVE IN USA NOW"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Neutrino posted:

Yep, we should just throw these poor bastards doing illegal drugs into jail. That will teach them. Of course it will cost taxpayers more than just giving them welfare checks but if that is the cost of keeping drugs out of welfare, we will have to bear that cost. And we should definitely require more drug testing because obviously that expense makes it worth it for taxpayers. God Bless America. Drugs should only be reserved by white people that can afford it.

how many non us american women are worht being chopped in to pieces as a consequence of the drug trade in your mind? i'd say none but i actually have a soul.

• Locked thread