Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ultra Carp

dad gay. so what posted:

thanks for the tip, OP! i hope you get run over by a steamroller!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
No itce how people that get upset about this have nothing to say about corporate welfare. Surely a much larger burden for taxpayers and far more damaging to America.

It's almost like people hate other people based on their (the hatees) skin tone and income level

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

gently caress the ROW posted:

isnt this literally the same thing though :confused:

Is it though

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Shinjobi posted:

I don't believe in welfare drug tests for people without kids, but I do believe in drug tests for people that are responsible for a child. I realize this is nitpicky shades of gray stuff, but in the event of a failed drug test officials could at least see if there's anything wrong with the family in question.

I'm not saying "if you do drugs you don't deserve a family," but I think if you're doing drugs and you have a kid people should double check the family situation to make sure everything's okay.

EDIT: also weed doesn't count imho

If you do meth you should 100% have your kids taken away and also you should be shot and your body bulldozed into a trench.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ProperCoochie posted:

No itce how people that get upset about this have nothing to say about corporate welfare. Surely a much larger burden for taxpayers and far more damaging to America.

It's almost like people hate other people based on their (the hatees) skin tone and income level

gently caress people getting to do drugs with my money when I can't because I hold a job?

Wtf this country is fuckin backwards

Chris Rock was right we need the Toss Salad man in the schools

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ManDingo posted:

I love the people who's response to welfare drug testing is to test everyone in the U.S. Senate. Like they are somehow involved in state level welfare drug testing. Also way to cement your argument by classifying what kind of people you will subject to this. Your pee is your own business no matter who you are.

my pee is also your moms business

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this is a big government program that is intrusive on the liberties of americans and is fiscally irresponsible, and it's proven to not work in practically all of the states that it's been implemented in. but it continues to be proposed in more states, because Republicans belong to the party of spite. small government, fiscal conservatism, and individual liberty will always take a back seat to that

america is pretty close to being completely hosed

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Y-Hat posted:

this is a big government program that is intrusive on the liberties of americans and is fiscally irresponsible, and it's proven to not work in practically all of the states that it's been implemented in. but it continues to be proposed in more states, because Republicans belong to the party of spite. small government, fiscal conservatism, and individual liberty will always take a back seat to that

checks out

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

Liberties, privacy, and dignity are for Whites

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like a lot of people who are on the poors should get tested bandwagon are people who are tested themselves as part of their gainful employment and resent the idea of giving money to deadbeats to do drugs.

This is a worldview i of course disagree for a variety of reasons but it's understandable in the same way it kind of sucks to be a responsible person planning for your future and budgeting around major things like having children or a home only to see someone at the grocery store with a cart full of doritos and coke with 6 terribly behaved kids in tow paying for poo poo with food stamps. Like no i don't want to deprive kids of food to just spite that one person but i also do not appreciate their existence.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like a lot of people who are on the poors should get tested bandwagon are people who are tested themselves as part of their gainful employment and resent the idea of giving money to deadbeats to do drugs.

People who get drug tested as part of their gainful employment are also plebe trash hth.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

This is a worldview i of course disagree for a variety of reasons but it's understandable in the same way it kind of sucks to be a responsible person planning for your future and budgeting around major things like having children or a home only to see someone at the grocery store with a cart full of doritos and coke with 6 terribly behaved kids in tow paying for poo poo with food stamps. Like no i don't want to deprive kids of food to just spite that one person but i also do not appreciate their existence.

I think the fallacy here is people think those on the dole live just as well as they do which just isn't true 99% of the time. So yeah I see what you mean about how someone could feel like that but idk I just remember I have way more discretionary spending power than they do.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

935 posted:

the numbers don't lie.

21 of 7600 is 0.2% Assume the 70 no-shows were all too busy injecting heroin to make the test date, and that makes it a whopping 1.1%

Numbers don't lie, but people sometimes do.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Luxury Communism posted:

People who get drug tested as part of their gainful employment are also plebe trash hth.
Ish, i mean im a highly educated research engineer and while ive never actually been tested every job ive applied to has had the possibility of testing for insurance purposes(we work with dangerous stuff you know). Whenever im job hunting i quite smoking for the duration on the off chance it actually does happen.

I don't actually support drug testing for welfare and see it as a both overly judgmental and a waste of money but i can empathize with people who are in a similar boat as me thinking it's a "fair is fair" thing.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im getting real confused by all these statistics now, do we want the poors to do more drugs or less drugs

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

More drugs for some, less drugs for others and little American flags for everyone.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
When you have no way of circumventing unfair poo poo imposed on you by life it is somewhat understandable to at least want other people to have to eat the same poo poo you do is all im saying. I think it's kind of weird the internet seems to empathize so readily with the plight of certain demographics but then turn around and conclude all republican dads are just awful irredeemable people.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

im getting real confused by all these statistics now, do we want the poors to do more drugs or less drugs

out of 100 gbs posters, 250 of them believe the op is incredibly goddamn stupid, like to the extent that he is probably missing part of his brain and has a disturbing indentation in his head.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
157 people isnt statistically significant enough to even tell if ops mom is good at sex (she isnt)

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Ninkobei posted:

157 people isnt statistically significant enough to even tell if ops mom is good at sex (she isnt)

OPs mom owns too many cats. fact.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Liberties, privacy, and dignity are for Whites
there are also more whites on welfare than any other race, and by a considerable margin at that. so congratulations on constantly voting to screw yourselves over, poor white people

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Y-Hat posted:

there are also more whites on welfare than any other race, and by a considerable margin at that. so congratulations on constantly voting to screw yourselves over, poor white people

there are also more people with two legs on welfare than people with any other number of legs, whats your point.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
I think anyone living in the South should shut the gently caress up about welfare until their state is able to function on its own without needing the welfare of federal to dollars to sustain them.

I seriously find myself wondering why I pay so much in taxes just so it can go to chucklefuck dumbasses in Alabama and Kansas who only vote against my interests 99.999% of the time; especially during a time when my state needs that money to build water storage and poo poo!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ghetto wormhole posted:

If you do meth you should 100% have your kids taken away and also you should be shot and your body bulldozed into a trench.

We can tinker with specifics once I get voted in

vote for me GBS

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

dreezy posted:

there are also more people with two legs on welfare than people with any other number of legs, whats your point.

Three-legged people are terribly oppressed.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

gleebster posted:

Three-legged people are terribly oppressed.

keep this MRA stuff to it's own thread please.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

ProperCoochie posted:

the military industrial complex is the absolute worse offender. We spend so much money on defense, yet the grunts on the ground had to buy their own body armor during the second Iraq war. it's hard to take anyone who gripes about spending seriously when this is ok.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

dreezy posted:

white people cry about poo poo whites do but blame other races for

kinda like all of the outsourcing of jobs. That's something white people do, but blame Mexicans

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
im all for smaller government unless it effects minorities, women, and non-christians

because gently caress you that's why

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Philthy posted:

im all for smaller government unless it effects minorities, women, and non-christians

because gently caress you that's why

And defense spending. I don't think any Repulican candidate actually pushes "small government" because they all know their voter base is too loving dumb to comprehend any actual political theory. Rand Paul made the mistake of emphasizing actual conservative politics over hatred of browns and gays, and look where that got him.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Did some of you fail high school? Smoking too much pot to be able to do simple math and reading comprehension?

I literally cannot make this simpler. 7600 people were given a questionnaire to fill out on the honor system. There are 159 columns, each column represents a person stupid enough to tell NC that they just loved doing drugs when they filled out that questionnaire. So NC said "wow you dumb hick, all you had to do was circle NO, but since you circled YES you have to piss in this cup.

Blue pissed and passed. Pink pissed and failed. Red refused outright to take the test.

Dignity Van Houten fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 17, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

So people are lying about doing drugs to seem cool?

Twitter
Feb 16, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/StevenHaidinyak/status/328718896653799424

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Like I swear to gently caress I find it more interesting that a certain percentage of people on welfare told the nerd in the lab coat that they do drugs and it turns out that they don't, at least not recently

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

935 posted:

Did some of you fail high school? Smoking too much pot to be able to do simple math and reading comprehension?

I literally cannot make this simpler. 7600 people were given a questionnaire to fill out on the honor system. There are 159 columns, each column represents a person stupid enough to tell NC that they just loved doing drugs when they filled out that questionnaire. So NC said "wow you dumb hick, all you had to do was circle NO, but since you circled YES you have to piss in this cup.

Blue pissed and passed. Pink pissed and failed. Red refused outright to take the test.

They should of like made them pee, or like closed all the bathrooms.

or like make the welfare system better.

THey go into a room and they take a piss test, then either a rubber gloves on a spring shoots out of the wall to give them welfare check or the trap door opens in the floor to shoot them right in to the dumpster?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 17, 2016

Twitter
Feb 16, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

Like I swear to gently caress I find it more interesting that a certain percentage of people on welfare told the nerd in the lab coat that they do drugs and it turns out that they don't, at least not recently

https://twitter.com/gocomplex/status/649848296509456384

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Luxury Communism posted:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

935 posted:

we shouldn't legislate what poor people spend their money on.

You mean, MY money.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

spacetoaster posted:

You mean, MY money.

Wow, you pay ALL the taxes? Are you a trillionaire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Frog Act posted:

imo if you're in a situation where you need welfare to scrape by you deserve drugs. they should be subsidized so the poor can stay high to cope with the crushing misery and alienation our society creates

this but for non poor people as well

• Locked thread