Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

This game is pretty fun. I liked the idea of Monster Hunter, but couldn't get past the combat system. It felt like I was late to the party.

FFEX is like babby's first Monster Hunter. :3 Familiarity with the series helps me feel like I know what I'm doing, more so than MH ever did. :shobon:

I haven't been able to play online very much, can anyone shed light on how communication works in practice? Is communicating very important for harder bosses, or is it just a matter of not being dumb and reading boss tells?

Also, there is a bug that can get you 99,999,999 CP:

I know, :v: gamefaqs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/805901-final-fantasy-explorers/cheats

quote:

Go to the blacksmith and select Upgrade. Choose an upgrade that costs exactly as much CP as you currently have, so that if you bought it you'd have 0 CP left. Then press up on the control pad, and the game will let you buy one more copy than you can afford. Make sure you have enough materials. After you make the purchase, your CP value will go into the negative, and the game corrects this by giving you exactly 99,999,999 CP. Note that an easy way to get your CP to the right number is to do Roam the World repeatedly until you come back with a CP value that ends with a 0. Then fuse atmaliths (which normally cost high even numbers) to get your CP down, or buy some non-custom abilities. Make sure you calculate how much CP you'll need to do the glitch before you start reducing your CP.

I haven't done this myself so I have no idea if it's been patched out by now or not but there it is if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread