Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

deadly_pudding posted:

That Encase surge is super finnicky, too. Like, you have to be right on top of the Eidolon for it to work. I was fighting Phoenix last night, and I had my Encase whiff because, I'm pretty sure, Phoenix was airborne at the time. It was still close enough for me to hit with Blizzara.

But once it hits, at least you don't gotta do it again.

Unrelated, how do I Machinist. I can Monk real well- in fact, Monk feels OP for me in full Demon Armor (+6 Strength, fuckers. :black101:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Internet Friend posted:

The first thing you should do with any new class is roll the Endless Link surge until you get a good cancel chain built. It makes the combat feel much better.

But I dunno when I get one of them, though! I just go for what I think might work most of the time.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

I appreciate that the crazy limit breaks in this game are a giant summon of Ifrit's hellfire or an entire screen of Shiva's diamond dust, or just 'turn into Lightning for a little bit'.

Fun fact: If you unlocked Machinist, you can be my newest favorite class ever, "Cloud With Gun".

• Locked thread