Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Professor Shark posted:

Does anyone actually remember the final season of The Sopranos?
Yes, it's a loving peerless final season of drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Yes, it's a loving peerless final season of drama

Last season and finale of Sopranos was complete garbage.

I'm glad Vinyl got cancelled, I hate to use the phrase 'up its own rear end' but yeah, there's really no other way to describe this show. If you took out all the scenes of them giving gratuitous compliments to music of that era you would've been down to 20 minute episodes. Olivia Wilde is a terrible actress who was given what was supposed to be a complex character and ended up looking like an emotionless, stone faced monolith. Cannavale did his best DiCaprio impression from Wolf of Wall Street with none of the charm or humor. With so many performances that were so off base I'm not sure if we can blame the actors though (except Wilde who is the same in everything).

My head canon is that this was just too many chiefs not enough Indians. Winter showed up with his story and got Jagger to add his parts, then they got the 'big actors' to show up who started adding all their input and nobody in charge ever went "Hey this poo poo is stupid, we aren't doing this or this". They just went with all of it regardless of what made sense or was compelling.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Ray Romano was awesome and I won't hear otherwise.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Ray Romano was awesome and I won't hear otherwise.

He was surprisingly great. I wish the show had been about Zak's life and his struggle with supporting character Richie, who would just blow through episodes causing problems.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
The Julie guy(it's a crime I can never remember that actor's name, cuz it should be a household one) was one of the only other good character's and was tragically underused. There were so many other lovely, annoying, boring characters with lovely, annoying, boring plots of their own and it only further shows the makers of this show's incompetence that they just didn't cut one of those lovely boring people/plots in favor of one of the only truly entertaining things on this junk heap of a wannabe prestige program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

He was surprisingly great. I wish the show had been about Zak's life and his struggle with supporting character Richie, who would just blow through episodes causing problems.

Yeah, as much as I hated the show I can't deny that RR was crushing it.

• Locked thread