Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's been proven that all animals relieve stress and bp, I see few comfort cats but a lot of dogs in the airports. Stupid poo poo btw.

And cats annoy the gently caress out of everyone that doesn't like cats. Night time fighting and sexy times are great to listen to. Much less pissing of my dog coming into the yard. Paint ball is a great deterant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Also What the gently caress is wrong with adult men who take this thread seriously?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Booblord Zagats posted:

Also What the gently caress is wrong with adult men who take this thread seriously?

I have one mode: cat holocaust

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
If you sincerely dislike cats or dogs you are seriously hosed up

pelswick
Jul 29, 2006

i dont care about report card
I ONLY CARE ABOUT GUITAR
in the wild, cats are solitary creatures, they haven't had to rely on pack living to survive, their minds have not evolved any areas for sociability. cats are all basically autistic, and scientifically incapable of love or friendship. they look sexy as hell, but they're massively retarded and horrible, and people that own them have low self-esteem and are enjoying the masochism from being a slave to an awful animal that doesn't give two shits about them.

what cat owners mistake for "love" is actually the cat wanting scratched, or vampire sucking your body heat. they would be just as happy if you died and were replaced by a heating pad and an automated food feeder slash robot petting hand.

they're good for the utility of keeping mice out of barns, but if you want an animal to actually like you and enjoy your company, you're better off with even a rabbit.

pelswick fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 17, 2016

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I love dogs and cats and if I was gonna hang out and play with a pet for an afternoon it'd be a dog, but for living with an animal for a decade? Cats all the way, I ain't got time to be pickin up poo poo and walking some loving tame wolf 3 times a day, every day.

I didn't really want a cat either but my creepy convict-on-parole neighbor gave me a kitten 12 years ago and I figured I should probably take care of it so now I've got a chill rear end cat that likes to play fetch and will run around the house with me but can also take care of himself for a week while I go do something pet-unfriendly.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pelswick posted:

in the wild, cats are solitary creatures, they haven't had to rely on pack living to survive, their minds have not evolved any areas for sociability. cats are all basically autistic, and scientifically incapable of love or friendship. they look sexy as hell, but they're massively retarded and horrible, and people that own them have low self-esteem and are enjoying the masochism from being a slave to an awful animal that doesn't give two shits about them.

what cat owners mistake for "love" is actually the cat wanting scratched, or vampire sucking your body heat. they would be just as happy if you died and were replaced by a heating pad and an automated food feeder slash robot petting hand.

they're good for the utility of keeping mice out of barns, but if you want an animal to actually like you and enjoy your company, you're better off with even a rabbit.

I believe the term for what you're doing here is "projection."

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I love dogs and cats and if I was gonna hang out and play with a pet for an afternoon it'd be a dog, but for living with an animal for a decade? Cats all the way, I ain't got time to be pickin up poo poo and walking some loving tame wolf 3 times a day, every day.

I didn't really want a cat either but my creepy convict-on-parole neighbor gave me a kitten 12 years ago and I figured I should probably take care of it so now I've got a chill rear end cat that likes to play fetch and will run around the house with me but can also take care of himself for a week while I go do something pet-unfriendly.

You live in a bad neighborhood, should get a dog. But learn about their needs first.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
You go on a date with a guy and see this on his coffee table...

What do you do?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Yes, exactly this. I don't even know why people compare the two. They are two completely different animals in every way except that they're common for pets. Cats are amazing for chilling out watching a movie and one hops on your lap, or when they bring you an annoying fly or moth they caught. They suck for playing Frisbee on the beach. Dogs are great for entirely different reasons, but they are a ton of work and seriously inhibit your ability to leave your home for even so much as an evening. It's really stupid when people claim one is superior over the other one. It's like asking if you prefer music or movies.

pelswick posted:

This is the most :spergin: response. This is what you sound like when you say this goony crap:

-The only reason you're attracted to that guy is because he has a defined jawline and he's muscular, dating back to caveman days when you needed a strong man to provide sustenance :smug:
-The only reason you are attracted to her gargantuan voluptuous breasts are because of your inner requirement for nourishment as an infant :smug:

Not to mention this is pretty much bullshit because when my roommate is away, the cat never lays on me for heat, but always sleeps on my roommate when my roommate is home. Also the cat never purrs when he's on the heated blanket, but purrs like crazy when laying on my roommate. :p

SEX BURRITO posted:

You go on a date with a guy and see this on his coffee table...

What do you do?

He used to be in a rock group and was heavily into hard drugs, so I'd think the guy was probably p. cool

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The guy with the alf avatar, that is talking about the reasons that cats are good, and also evaluating which posts making fun of cat owners are autistic/indicative of aspergers.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Melmac posted:

Yes, exactly this. I don't even know why people compare the two. They are two completely different animals in every way except that they're common for pets. Cats are amazing for chilling out watching a movie and one hops on your lap, or when they bring you an annoying fly or moth they caught. They suck for playing Frisbee on the beach. Dogs are great for entirely different reasons, but they are a ton of work and seriously inhibit your ability to leave your home for even so much as an evening. It's really stupid when people claim one is superior over the other one. It's like asking if you prefer music or movies.

This is the most :spergin: response. This is what you sound like when you say this goony crap:

-The only reason you're attracted to that guy is because he has a defined jawline and he's muscular, dating back to caveman days when you needed a strong man to provide sustenance :smug:
-The only reason you are attracted to her gargantuan voluptuous breasts are because of your inner requirement for nourishment as an infant :smug:

Not to mention this is pretty much bullshit because when my roommate is away, the cat never lays on me for heat, but always sleeps on my roommate when my roommate is home. Also the cat never purrs when he's on the heated blanket, but purrs like crazy when laying on my roommate. :p

He used to be in a rock group and was heavily into hard drugs, so I'd think the guy was probably p. cool

but they are a ton of work and seriously inhibit your ability to leave your home for even so much as an evening.

have you left your house with owning a dog ever?

Sabriel
May 21, 2006

"Does the walker choose the path, or does the path choose the walker?"
i gave all of my welfare money to the "Music for Cats" Kickstarter

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

The guy with the alf avatar, that is talking about the reasons that cats are good, and also evaluating which posts making fun of cat owners are autistic/indicative of aspergers.

:ssh:

Darth123123 posted:

And cats annoy the gently caress out of everyone that doesn't like cats. Night time fighting and sexy times are great to listen to. Much less pissing of my dog coming into the yard. Paint ball is a great deterant.

Do TNR you lazy goon. Several problems solved, and it makes you less of an rear end in a top hat.

Darth123123 posted:

but they are a ton of work and seriously inhibit your ability to leave your home for even so much as an evening.

have you left your house with owning a dog ever?

Yes? He'd piss or poo poo on the floor because *gasp* no one was home to let him outside in 12+ hours. Which is understandable.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
the fifa guy who took bribes over several decades had a 6k/month trump tower condo that was solely for his cats.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

RaceBannon posted:

Just get a house plant.

Good point. At least with a house plant, you can spook it with a cucumber or whatever and GBS won't poo poo their pants about it.....or maybe not?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Melmac posted:

the cat is calling you a whore. it respects the heat pad.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
I have a cat because I like having a little buddy but my hobbies are such that I enjoy the freedom to leave town for the weekend on a whim.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
did anyone post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwElFFXArK4

yet

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

my wife wanted guinea pigs so we adopted a couple and it turns out they loving own

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
cats really don't need a defense.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My cat just climbed up my chest and is head butting my face because she is a relentless gaylord. Sometimes she scales the back of my computer chair and whispers meows into my ear, because she is a relentless gaylord. Cats are good.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Grew up with dogs and cats. Had a dog for 6 years but she just died a few months back. So I'm with my two cats now. Wife won't let me get a new dog..

My cat plays fetch though.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Melmac posted:

Yes? He'd piss or poo poo on the floor because *gasp* no one was home to let him outside in 12+ hours. Which is understandable.
You're the dick in this situation, not the dog just fyi.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

pelswick posted:

was this really your first post in over two years or is the search function loving with me

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Gin posted:

my wife wanted guinea pigs so we adopted a couple and it turns out they loving own

They're also delicious.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Booblord Zagats posted:

They're always really off-putting. They have a child molester vibe to them you just can't shake, like there's just something inherently wrong with them on a fundamental level that lets other people know that they just can't be loved by another person. Don't get me wrong, some cats are cool, but dudes who seem to base a portion of their lives around their pet cat are always pretty hosed. Other men seem to detect this immediately, and all but the most broken of women avoid them.

These guys are sexy as gently caress. And they must be successful to have such a cool house and 4 roombas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okOVxfuSYPk

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 17, 2016

pelswick
Jul 29, 2006

I ONLY CARE ABOUT GUITAR

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I believe the term for what you're doing here is "projection."

when their owner dies, dogs mourn for a time before getting hungry and eating them. cats start eating them right away. this is not due to the cat being smart and weighing the utility. it's because they literally don't care about you at all. they don't even think about you for a second before they start eating your dead face.

pelswick
Jul 29, 2006

I ONLY CARE ABOUT GUITAR

Melmac posted:

probably doesn't want to get its fur all greased up

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Angela Christine posted:

These guys are sex as gently caress. And they must be successful to have such a cool house and 4 roombas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okOVxfuSYPk

FIVE roombas.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I like cats more than dogs because cats don;'t bark

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pelswick posted:

when their owner dies, dogs mourn for a time before getting hungry and eating them. cats start eating them right away. this is not due to the cat being smart and weighing the utility. it's because they literally don't care about you at all. they don't even think about you for a second before they start eating your dead face.

I can only surmise that you are bitter that cats, much like women, find you distasteful and avoid your company.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

The French Army! posted:

You're the dick in this situation, not the dog just fyi.

I was 12 at the time and we got stuck in traffic for several hours on the way home from a wedding because the highway was closed due to a fatal car accident :thumbsup:

Sorry we didn't have a housemaid to let in to walk the dog.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Melmac posted:

you'd literally have to eat their feces while it's still warm.

Don't kink shame.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Are you and your wife both 8 year old girls?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
My cat just died and I can't sleep at night anymore

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Toxoplasma Gondii makes infected human males more attracted to the smell of cat urine, while making infected human females more repulsed by it. Sufferers of both sex are more prone to psychiatric disorders.

That's actually just in rats. Toxo in humans hasn't really been fully studied yet, but it seems to affect men and women differently. Anecdotally I've heard that in transplant cases from motorcycle accidents like 4/5 dead guys have the signs of a toxo infection sometime in their lives. There definitely is something it does to the brain.

Of course it's not just cats that cause the infection. If you like rare meat you almost certainly have had it. Over 80% of the population of France has been infected with it at some time.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

they are too lazy and irresponsible to take care of a dog

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I have two cats. One is a spaz who is always happy to see me,and sits on me purring when I wake up, even in from a nap or to piss in the middle of the night. The other is a huge coward who used to hide under the tub but now he purrs like a a goddamn cement mixer when you brush him.

Despite these two cats in my life I am successful in my career and have a big tittied gf, myth musted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Outdoor cats are better than dogs, but dogs are better than indoor cats. The only problem with outdoor cats is all the murder they do, which is bad for native animals and birds, so that is why I don't have any pets, unless you count spiders.

• Locked thread