Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

whalesteak posted:

I'm wondering if this ep is going to be funny to anyone who's not familiar with Park Slope's coop.
Why wouldn't it be?

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don't know how subservise that whole scene was, as soon as it started I thought "there's no way Ilana would be mad at Lincoln for hooking up with another woman" as it would be sooo far out of character for her, and it's pretty obvious to anyone who'se seen more than a couple episodes. It was still a great scene though.
Lincoln's reaction at the end ("Couldn't read that reaction for a while.") made the whole thing work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I find it hard to enjoy an episode of a show that feels like propaganda. I'd be annoyed if Bernie Sanders was in the show and walked into a room with a choir of angels singing behind him. Maybe not equally as annoyed because of my own prejudices, I'll admit.

I don't even see how this could be propaganda though? Abbi and Ilana aren't exactly aspirational characters, and Hilary herself came across as fairly wooden and kind of weird. We're not supposed to think the protagonists of this show make good decisions, and other than the simple fact of "was willing to appear on a comedy show" Hilary didn't really do anything to sell herself, so... how was this actually political advocacy?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Well, this was a disappointing episode. The plot elements were telegraphed a mile off and a lot of the jokes really didn't land for me.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Awww no more Lincoln
Yeah, that's disappointing. I feel like he was a great character because they never over-used him, so there was really no need to write him out.

sbaldrick posted:

This is my favorite episode of the season.
Definitely.

Illinois Smith posted:

That was the most sitcom-y episode they've ever done and it was glorious.
I dunno, the episode over-all was great, but the stuff with Abbi trying to pretend she's at both events at once was terrible.

Henchman of Santa posted:

My favorite gag was the guy throwing Ilana a peach and then being immediately confronted by the fruit stand guy.
That was fantastic.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

At its most absurd, Broad City feels more like a cartoon than a traditional sitcom. And when they've strayed from the formula this season, it's been not as good. That's all I'm saying.

Some traditional sitcoms are cartoons. :confused:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

I kinda wish the promos hadn't given away the Israel bit, given how it's deliberately obscured until they actually get on the plane.

I noticed them keeping the destination secret, and then when it was revealed I was just confused why they'd hidden it. What was that even about?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pocket Billiards posted:

I found it funny. Taking advantage of the Birthright people for a free holiday fits the characters perfectly.

Sure, but I don't get why it's funnier to hide it until later in the episode?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Flobbster posted:

You people realize that was a total homage to Mrs. Doubtfire, right?

I don't see how that makes it better?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Surprised there's not more talk of the finale. I loved it!
It was OK. No big laughs, but mildly amusing the whole way through.

Shneak posted:

I wanted more freaks on the flight, but I guess the child that got to go to first class and a literal dead guy were funny too.
It was obvious right from the beginning that the guy was dead, but I guess it was kind of funny that Ilana knew the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

I liked Time Traveling Bong better then Broad City this year

I agree.

• Locked thread