Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

uruloki posted:

Checkplease, let me know when! Not available tomorrow (Legacy what what) but any other night I should be good.

What are you playing and what's your MTGO name?!

Voyager 1 same question!?

Necronomicon you've got the bye because I screwed up and put always be closing in twice. Since some matches have already been played there's no easy way to fix it. Obviously you're more than welcome to play for fun against him, and if you see me on I'll happily battle for fun.

Also Snack Man when are you gonna get your deck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

TheLawinator posted:

I should be able to do tomorrow p ez as well as the rest of those times. Should be good!

Cool, I'll be on at 5:30

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I have no idea how to contact someone on MODO

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Lawnie, I can play this week but not this weekend. Thursday is probably best. I'm going down to DC.

I can do Thursday evening (provided my internet in my new house is hooked up correctly on Wednesday), how does 8PM eastern sound?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lawnie posted:

I can do Thursday evening (provided my internet in my new house is hooked up correctly on Wednesday), how does 8PM eastern sound?

Sounds good to me!

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

I have no idea how to contact someone on MODO

Click the top right "Chat" button, then "Join/new chat session". From there you can enter in someone's username!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

always be closing, I'll be on pretty much all day tuesday and wednesday.

Any availability this weekend? My weekdays are swamped.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
I broke down and bought a pair of Oubliettes when I found some sub $14 and also got a grip of Chainer's Edict before the buyout. Does one of you fine goons have a Mono Black Control list featuring Hymn to Tourach? This is for a paper event where the TO refused to ban Hymn and Goblin Grenade. Loaning a buddy goblins and I want to Hymn fools, but I don't know really what to cut for it. Thanks in advance!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

always be closing posted:

Any availability this weekend? My weekdays are swamped.

I work 5-10 Friday, 11-10 Sunday, and have Saturday off. EST.

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH

suicidesteve posted:

What are you playing and what's your MTGO name?!

Voyager 1 same question!?

Necronomicon you've got the bye because I screwed up and put always be closing in twice. Since some matches have already been played there's no easy way to fix it. Obviously you're more than welcome to play for fun against him, and if you see me on I'll happily battle for fun.

Also Snack Man when are you gonna get your deck?

Uruloki - Unturbo Fog

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lawnie could you do a bit later Thursday? Like 10EST?

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Ok so after playing a few matches with cool people I have determined Pauper to be a very fun format. I am super happy I saw this thread!

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

TheLawinator - Cactrot:
2-1

Mono-black vs Slivers is real rough for slivers, although i was kind of close to getting poisoned out in game 3. GGs dude.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Frozen_flame posted:

Chamale, I am on now for the next few hours, then for the next few days from about 1am GMT. Or before 5pm GMT.

E: Also added on modo if it helps.

4:00 pm GMT is 9:00 am for me, that works Thursday or any later day. How's Thursday for you?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Chamale posted:

4:00 pm GMT is 9:00 am for me, that works Thursday or any later day. How's Thursday for you?

Thursday is good, I should have an hour before work. Friday as well, free all day.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Lawnie could you do a bit later Thursday? Like 10EST?

Yeah that works, too. Shoot me a PM if you need to make adjustments, I'm easy.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Locke I'm hopping on now!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ScarletBrother posted:

I broke down and bought a pair of Oubliettes when I found some sub $14 and also got a grip of Chainer's Edict before the buyout. Does one of you fine goons have a Mono Black Control list featuring Hymn to Tourach? This is for a paper event where the TO refused to ban Hymn and Goblin Grenade. Loaning a buddy goblins and I want to Hymn fools, but I don't know really what to cut for it. Thanks in advance!

If Goblin Grenade is legal, I suggest going with a deck with 4 Hymn, 4 Witches, 4 Crypt Rats and 4 Tendrils of Corruption, and a bunch of swamps. Hymn is insanely powerful, far more powerful than anything else in Pauper, but doesn't really fit in with the 2-for-1 creature theme of the current MTGO MBC decks. If Goblin Grenade exists, you should move away from too many edicts, and switch to more targeted removal.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Hellsau posted:

If Goblin Grenade is legal, I suggest going with a deck with 4 Hymn, 4 Witches, 4 Crypt Rats and 4 Tendrils of Corruption, and a bunch of swamps. Hymn is insanely powerful, far more powerful than anything else in Pauper, but doesn't really fit in with the 2-for-1 creature theme of the current MTGO MBC decks. If Goblin Grenade exists, you should move away from too many edicts, and switch to more targeted removal.

I could see sorin's thirst being a possibility depending on the meta. I'd be tempted to go with pestilence over rats because of the constant threat of grenade. With Hymn I'd think about running 2 in the main 2 in the board maybe swapping out a piece of removal or not running an unearth package. It definitely trends more towards a faster deck. At minimum just replace any wrench minds with hymns obviously.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I got it 2/1. Game 1 Compulsive Research decked him, game 2 I got Delved to death, and game 3 he timed out with no board and a hand of lands. I kinda wish I'd lost so I could play a different deck; this one is friggin' miserable. :v:

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?
Notbrant I can be on Friday eve after fnm. Saturday eve and any time Sunday. That is GMT so if you are ET/PT that should be early evening your time. Let me know when you are available.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

TheLawinator posted:

I could see sorin's thirst being a possibility depending on the meta. I'd be tempted to go with pestilence over rats because of the constant threat of grenade. With Hymn I'd think about running 2 in the main 2 in the board maybe swapping out a piece of removal or not running an unearth package. It definitely trends more towards a faster deck. At minimum just replace any wrench minds with hymns obviously.

Goblin Grenade is a Sorcery, and if you are getting to five mana (Pestilence plus at least one activation) you're probably going to beat Goblins assuming you can dig yourself out of the Death Spark hole. Hymn is not a card you only run 2 of - for two mana you get an easy two for one, with the random chance of screwing your opponent. Hymn is basically the perfect two-mana play for MBC - you put the opponent down resources for little mana investment and can then cast your sweet 3 drop creatures or some removal to put them further behind, or to start to stabilize.

e:

suicidesteve posted:

A very special announcement on how to report your score

Please announce your match results in the following way:
Your Score - Your Opponent's Score

You'll get one warning.

suicidesteve posted:

I got it 2/1. Game 1 Compulsive Research decked him, game 2 I got Delved to death, and game 3 he timed out with no board and a hand of lands. I kinda wish I'd lost so I could play a different deck; this one is friggin' miserable. :v:

:colbert:

Is there anything worth playing Dark Ritual for in Pauper?

At one point I tried to make Black Aggro work, and could not beat a reasonable Delver draw and could never beat MBC or Burn. Dark Ritual is fine if you can get some sort of combo working, but there's no Hippie or Necro to ramp out.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 9, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there anything worth playing Dark Ritual for in Pauper?

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Edit: nevermind!

rinski fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 9, 2016

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

suicidesteve posted:

Game one also involved the masterful play of me Probing you, seeing Echoing Decay and Tragic Slip and proceeding to play out Delver of Secrets and an Angler. :smuggo:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Rimusutera posted:

Game one also involved the masterful play of me Probing you, seeing Echoing Decay and Tragic Slip and proceeding to play out Delver of Secrets and an Angler. :smuggo:

And me playing right into the counter that you absolutely had to have given your play! Not that I think I really had a choice.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

I work 5-10 Friday, 11-10 Sunday, and have Saturday off. EST.

Excellent, let's play Sunday morning? I'll be up by 7am.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, I can try to make that work.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

suicidesteve posted:

And me playing right into the counter that you absolutely had to have given your play! Not that I think I really had a choice.

You really didnt have a choice at that point I guess, but knowing your hand I should have just jammed the Angler since it blanked both those spells.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I don't care about the punctuation you use to separate the number. I care about not saying "I lost 2/1" because then I see 2/1 and my idiot brain tells me you won 2/1 because that's what 2/1 means and everything gets all screwed up!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Yeah, I can try to make that work.

I have an hour and a half right now if you want. I'm gonna log in and idle.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
L0cke17 I'll be hopping on and idling on modo for a bit while I do some work on the computer

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

always be closing posted:

I have an hour and a half right now if you want. I'm gonna log in and idle.

Sorry I drove my roommate into Boston to catch a plane. Sunday morning works fine.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Frozen_flame posted:

Thursday is good, I should have an hour before work. Friday as well, free all day.

I'm on MTGO now.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I lose 0-2 to Frozen_flame. Blockers and removal spells are pretty good against my glass cannon of a deck.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Still a better match than all of this Standard season.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

rinski 0–2 Lonely Bridge

Match did not go quite as well as my practice games!

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH

checkplease posted:

Hey most anytime this week should work for me. I am EST, and usually on after 8pm might time. Sometimes a little before. Weekends I can be on during the day. I will add you and see when you are online.

I'll be on until 2100EST tonight, otherwise you want to shoot for this weekend?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

uruloki posted:

I'll be on until 2100EST tonight, otherwise you want to shoot for this weekend?
Just got home from dinner. I'm on now if you want to play, otherwise this weekend works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Hey DAD LOST MY IPOD, I'm getting off for the night. When are you next available?

• Locked thread