Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lawnie posted:

Hey DAD LOST MY IPOD, I'm getting off for the night. When are you next available?

Sorry man. Got wrapped up watching the debate and completely lost track of time. I can do tomorrow afternoon, like 2pm EST, if that works. Otherwise, I may have to just scoop it up to you, since I'm in DC all weekend. Sorry to be such a flake :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

norton I posted:

I'm ajnorton on MGTO

Let me know when you're available.
MisterOblivious on MTGO or hit me up on irc.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Sorry man. Got wrapped up watching the debate and completely lost track of time. I can do tomorrow afternoon, like 2pm EST, if that works. Otherwise, I may have to just scoop it up to you, since I'm in DC all weekend. Sorry to be such a flake :(.

I'm actually likely to be bumming around at that time waiting for the tv dude to get here. Let's give 2pm tomorrow a shot.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I've had a rough week but I should be on tonight.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Snacksmaniac posted:

You need a deck first!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lawnie I will be on in 15

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Lawnie I will be on in 15

ready when you are

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
LAWNIE was defeated by DAD LOST MY IPOD

1-2

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

You need a deck first!

I'm gonna do that too!!!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

I'm gonna do that too!!!

Well I'll be around all day.

Edit: I just realized I never actually changed your deck from Ponza to Slivers. Oops.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

At what point do I have to set my round 2 deck? I don't want to be considered metagaming/cheating based on my R2 opponent.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

ShaneB posted:

At what point do I have to set my round 2 deck? I don't want to be considered metagaming/cheating based on my R2 opponent.

Good question.

I said this a while ago but it's worth repeating for everyone who hasn't been here the whole time: you have to choose your deck before I post pairings (which is Monday afternoon-ish.) So you'll probably want to post by Sunday night. You also have to have lost in the previous week.

Pwnguin
Sep 22, 2004

Snacksmaniac posted:

I'm EST +2, don't know if I can play tonight but send me a msg if I'm online, will probably be up late.

Also maybe I got the name wrong and soul sisters refers to the G/W tokens deck but I'm actually running mono-W tokens to clarify

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I will be swapping to a monoG stompy deck next round.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

playground tough posted:

I'll play. Mtgo name is jackiefabric and I'll probably play bogles since I sold most of my other pauper cards for a lovely budget standard build.

We've been matched up. I can play some time this weekend. When would be good for you?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Pwnguin posted:

I'm EST +2, don't know if I can play tonight but send me a msg if I'm online, will probably be up late.

Also maybe I got the name wrong and soul sisters refers to the G/W tokens deck but I'm actually running mono-W tokens to clarify

My network card in my laptop is hosed up but I'll try you when I get home.

Pwnguin
Sep 22, 2004
Went 2 - 0 against snacksmaniac, had sick draws both games :shobon:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

norton i what are you playing? Somehow I missed you.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

suicidesteve posted:

norton i what are you playing? Somehow I missed you.

" green-black dredge deck [or] a green-blue evolve deck, "

I'll be home from paper pauper sometime after 9 or 10 Central on Saturday and all day Sunday Norton.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

MisterOblivious posted:

" green-black dredge deck [or] a green-blue evolve deck, "

I'll be home from paper pauper sometime after 9 or 10 Central on Saturday and all day Sunday Norton.

Yeah I know but that's hardly a distinct archetype is it!?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I was wondering about the rules for this tournament. Since we know the deck our opponent is playing, are we allowed to customize our decks in accordance with that knowledge? Or should we be bringing the version of the deck we'd play in a league, where we don't know who our opponents would be? If not the main deck, can the sideboard be customized at all?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

CompeAnansi posted:

I was wondering about the rules for this tournament. Since we know the deck our opponent is playing, are we allowed to customize our decks in accordance with that knowledge? Or should we be bringing the version of the deck we'd play in a league, where we don't know who our opponents would be? If not the main deck, can the sideboard be customized at all?

You should have already had your list before you knew what you were playing. So just pretend you're going in blind or with a vague idea of the meta, but not with specific knowledge of what you're playing against. And don't forget if you win you're going to be playing the same list against something random anyway.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

suicidesteve posted:

You should have already had your list before you knew what you were playing. So just pretend you're going in blind or with a vague idea of the meta, but not with specific knowledge of what you're playing against. And don't forget if you win you're going to be playing the same list against something random anyway.

Gotcha. That's what I assumed, I just wanted to make sure I was right that everyone was using their standard lists.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

The Minister posted:

I'm in CST and this weekend would be the best for me.

Hey when are you free this weekend? Sometime tomorrow probably works best for me -- I can make time basically whenever.

AmericanPsychonaut
Dec 5, 2005

Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God. It even has a watermark.

Static Equilibrium posted:

Hey when are you free this weekend? Sometime tomorrow probably works best for me -- I can make time basically whenever.

That works for me, I'll make sure to be on MODO idling starting around noon my time.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Hey Boco, I'll be around tonight and tomorrow night if you want to get our game in. You can add me as VoyagerI (that's a capital i, not lowercase L).

PS Steve please change my deck name to Kuldotha Surprise

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I won 2-0 against uroloki. My baskwalla's were somehow able to get past the never ending fogs.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Pwnguin posted:

Went 2 - 0 against snacksmaniac, had sick draws both games :shobon:

Sorry for cutting and running. Good games. My sideboard sweeper doesn't work against you!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

always be closing posted:

Excellent, let's play Sunday morning? I'll be up by 7am.

Due to DST garbage I'm probably not going to be able to play any earlier than 9 EST tomorrow morning, is that still alright?

I'll leave my client up overnight.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 13, 2016

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Voyager I posted:

Hey Boco, I'll be around tonight and tomorrow night if you want to get our game in. You can add me as VoyagerI (that's a capital i, not lowercase L).

PS Steve please change my deck name to Kuldotha Surprise
Okay I'll sign on at some point tomorrow evening and probably post in the thread when I do.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

Due to DST garbage I'm probably not going to be able to play any earlier than 9 EST tomorrow morning, is that still alright?

I'll leave my client up overnight.

Listen man, you get that money. I am going to set an alarm for 7:30am. EST of course. I'll see you on da planes. I'm gonna be painting my porch so I can probably take a break at your convenience.

notbrant
Jul 1, 2003
DoctorOoze

Are you able to play now by chance?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I got smoked by the shortest path

ABC loses 0-2

Edit- I'm going to switch to goblins forever.

always be closing fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 13, 2016

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Locke I'm hopping on now!

I finally have time today. I'll leave mtgo up whenever I'm online, but if we cant play today because I've been too busy this week I'll just concede.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

always be closing posted:

I got smoked by the shortest path

ABC loses 0-2

Edit- I'm going to switch to goblins forever.

Quoting so I remember and to remind people to play their matches! IIRC after this one we've got 6 left to go.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

L0cke17 posted:

I finally have time today. I'll leave mtgo up whenever I'm online, but if we cant play today because I've been too busy this week I'll just concede.

I'm working all day but I might be able to hop on for a bit between 7 and 10 tonight, or I would be available tomorrow all day after 12 if there are extensions.

notbrant
Jul 1, 2003
Chalk up a loss for me vs Doctor Ooze
0-2

With work, gym, Wife's school schedule, three kids and their hobbies I just can't find time where the wizard poker is more important.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

The Minister posted:

That works for me, I'll make sure to be on MODO idling starting around noon my time.

The Minister and I played some games and I was victorious 2 - 0.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I'm working all day but I might be able to hop on for a bit between 7 and 10 tonight, or I would be available tomorrow all day after 12 if there are extensions.

I will be around my computer between 7 and 10 then. Also if youre playing turbofog and I'm playing durdle control, want to do alonger than 50 minute match? Or will the clock decide which of us wins this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

L0cke17 posted:

Also if youre playing turbofog and I'm playing durdle control, want to do alonger than 50 minute match? Or will the clock decide which of us wins this one?

If we want to do this, do we need to make a custom match in the "just for fun" room and make our opponent find us? I was lazy and just challenged my opponent, and if it was looking like we'd run out of time for a third game I'd just make a new match.

• Locked thread