Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Sign me the gently caress up, same name here as in game. Do we need to keep using the same deck forever? I don't see what goes wrong if we just bring a different deck each week or use the same one, it isn't like decklists are going to be public. Also Cloud of Faeries should have been banned back when Cloudpost bit the dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cactrot posted:

Decided, I'll be playing Slivers because it is a fun and cool deck.

Did you figure out a way to draw exactly 2-4 lands and never 1 land or 5+ lands? Because I couldn't. It's probably much better now that it doesn't get wrecked by Cloud into Sprite but it was just too vulnerable to flooding for me to get Slivers to work.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chamale posted:

I'm in, Chamale, playing Storm because I hate goons and don't want them to have fun.

Some sort of sick Astral Steel Storm deck?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

That is quite the deck you have there.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ThePeavstenator posted:

*Moves Standard Bearers to mainboard*

I'm sure Chamale would love to Treacherous Blood your Standard Bearer.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gonna play U/B Teachings, the deck is kind of bananas. Still working on the build - we're starting next week?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Boco_T posted:

I think I'm going to start out on WR Heroic aka Draft Leavings and see how that goes, since I haven't had time to work on the Goblin Storm deck

The deck is really bad - all the vulnerability of U/R Fiend, with none of the card selection or sideboard answers.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ScarletBrother posted:

That was my thinking as well initially. Any particular list or just a 5-0 goblins list with GG jammed in there?

Consider sideboarding Guerilla Tactics since Hymn is kind of ridiculous.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

MiddleEastBeast posted:

pair me against him please, i'd love too be murdered turn 1

Same.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Do I get to play twice? If so my two decks will be UB Teachings and that whatever weird loving storm list Chamale isn't playing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Hellsau I should be online this evening from say 8:30pm EST onward (say til 11pm EST). I'm rstephan on MTGO. Let me know. Should have similar availability tomorrow evening as well.

Sure, sounds good. I should be around then - I'll log in as soon as I get home and send you a message.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hellsau 2 - MiddleEastBeast 0

Who needs three colors?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

always be closing posted:

Oh Steven, did you put me in there twice?

Suicidesteve, I'm afraid I have to report you to WotC. You're clearly padding your tournament attendance numbers to boost your WPN numbers.

Now ABC needs to play two matches of Magic per week. Poor thing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ScarletBrother posted:

I broke down and bought a pair of Oubliettes when I found some sub $14 and also got a grip of Chainer's Edict before the buyout. Does one of you fine goons have a Mono Black Control list featuring Hymn to Tourach? This is for a paper event where the TO refused to ban Hymn and Goblin Grenade. Loaning a buddy goblins and I want to Hymn fools, but I don't know really what to cut for it. Thanks in advance!

If Goblin Grenade is legal, I suggest going with a deck with 4 Hymn, 4 Witches, 4 Crypt Rats and 4 Tendrils of Corruption, and a bunch of swamps. Hymn is insanely powerful, far more powerful than anything else in Pauper, but doesn't really fit in with the 2-for-1 creature theme of the current MTGO MBC decks. If Goblin Grenade exists, you should move away from too many edicts, and switch to more targeted removal.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

TheLawinator posted:

I could see sorin's thirst being a possibility depending on the meta. I'd be tempted to go with pestilence over rats because of the constant threat of grenade. With Hymn I'd think about running 2 in the main 2 in the board maybe swapping out a piece of removal or not running an unearth package. It definitely trends more towards a faster deck. At minimum just replace any wrench minds with hymns obviously.

Goblin Grenade is a Sorcery, and if you are getting to five mana (Pestilence plus at least one activation) you're probably going to beat Goblins assuming you can dig yourself out of the Death Spark hole. Hymn is not a card you only run 2 of - for two mana you get an easy two for one, with the random chance of screwing your opponent. Hymn is basically the perfect two-mana play for MBC - you put the opponent down resources for little mana investment and can then cast your sweet 3 drop creatures or some removal to put them further behind, or to start to stabilize.

e:

suicidesteve posted:

A very special announcement on how to report your score

Please announce your match results in the following way:
Your Score - Your Opponent's Score

You'll get one warning.

suicidesteve posted:

I got it 2/1. Game 1 Compulsive Research decked him, game 2 I got Delved to death, and game 3 he timed out with no board and a hand of lands. I kinda wish I'd lost so I could play a different deck; this one is friggin' miserable. :v:

:colbert:

The Shortest Path posted:

Is there anything worth playing Dark Ritual for in Pauper?

At one point I tried to make Black Aggro work, and could not beat a reasonable Delver draw and could never beat MBC or Burn. Dark Ritual is fine if you can get some sort of combo working, but there's no Hippie or Necro to ramp out.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 9, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

L0cke17 posted:

Also if youre playing turbofog and I'm playing durdle control, want to do alonger than 50 minute match? Or will the clock decide which of us wins this one?

If we want to do this, do we need to make a custom match in the "just for fun" room and make our opponent find us? I was lazy and just challenged my opponent, and if it was looking like we'd run out of time for a third game I'd just make a new match.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Hellsau, let me know when you're around.

I'll be on around 8:30 eastern, maybe a little beforehand. I'll idle whenever I get back.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Hellsau, let me know when you're around.

Yo dawg, I'm logged into MTGO. Send me a message there, hopefully I'll see it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

So?? I sent you a thing the other day and you never answered and I haven't seen you on since.

Yeah I assumed MTGO would actually pop up private messages instead of just letting them hide behind the main window. Foolish me.

I'll be home from work tomorrow at 5:00PM Eastern, and will be on all of Sunday. I'll periodically check MTGO to see if you're logged in or if someone sent me a message.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

So?? I sent you a thing the other day and you never answered and I haven't seen you on since.

Hellsau posted:

Yeah I assumed MTGO would actually pop up private messages instead of just letting them hide behind the main window. Foolish me.

I'll be home from work tomorrow at 5:00PM Eastern, and will be on all of Sunday. I'll periodically check MTGO to see if you're logged in or if someone sent me a message.

Yo dawg, I'm logged in right now. I'm also cooking some steaks so I'll probably be in-and-out for ~30 minutes, but after that I'll be logged in for the next 6 hours or so. Also I'll be online all of tomorrow so hopefully we'll be able to work something out.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

I'm working tonight until midnight and tomorrow 8-4 but I'll be around tomorrow night.

Hooray! Have fun at work.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a few people who are going to be late (myself likely included thanks to still being at work almost 3 hours late.)

I'm still logged into MTGO, but I'm doing a World of Tanks tournament. I'll be available between 7:45 and 9:00 eastern, and then after 11.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah. Like I said a few people are running late for various reasons so it's no big deal. Try to get them in by tomorrow though.

Yo dawg if you're up for a late night throwdown I'm online for a while.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

I'll be on for a while though I'll be watching the baby when my wife gets a shower so if I don't answer it's because I'm a responsible adult and don't try to play MTGO while watching my kid. Unlike certain other people.

I'm on for the next ~three hours. Whenever you feel like winning instead of being a parent, fight me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

1/2 Mulled to bad 6es every game, MTGO didn't take my sideboarding game 2, and I drew 2 of my 8 sideboard cards and 1 of my 8 counters, and 1 of my 7 sources of card advantage in like 34 cards in game 3.

Edit: Playing RUG Tron I suppose so I can get paired against the aggro decks again.

Tron will never let your down.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Frozen_flame posted:

Well poo poo. I have work in about 20 minutes and won't be back until about 2am GMT.

2AM GMT you say? So, five hours after this post? Sweet I'll be logged in and hopefully will actually see messages when they appear.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hellsau wins. Hellsau 2 - Frozen_flame 0.

U/B Control is truly great. Kuldotha, you can grind all you want, I'll just sit over here playing my value creatures and then suddenly Capsize lock! Or Ghostly Flicker - Chittering Rats - Mnemonic Wall lock!

It helps that Frozen's draws were clunky and slow - Skyfisher bouncing Chromatic Star isn't optimal.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Frozen_flame posted:

Here I was bricking it over getting Curse of the Bloody Tome'd, when I first picked up the deck that is all I would see facing me.

Nobody's got time for that! More 2/2s please!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

TheLawinator, your Grey Merchants cannot protect you from me! I challenge thee to a battle. I'm on now and I'll be on for like the next hour and a half. Usually I'll be available from 8:00pm to Midnight eastern time, plus more time on the weekend. Fight me!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

TheLawinator posted:

Looks like a Friday into the weekend kinda deal on my end.

Cool, I'll be on Friday at around 8:30 eastern, Saturday after 5, and Sunday all day.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fogs do nothing against four Grey Merchants.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

TheLawinator posted:

I'm down for my match tonight in a couple hours or tomorrow, whichever is better.

How about literally right now?

e: logged in, match is up in the Getting Serious room, friend me and find it, or just message me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

TheLawinator posted:

I was ground beneath the hooves of value.

TheLawinator vs Hellsau : 1-2

I can confirm that I am the better Chittering Rats deck. Beating MBC is really easy - make them draw more lands than spells, and make half their spells really bad!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Voyager 1, I have no idea what an 8-Whack is, but I've available this week between 8-10pm eastern, and after 11:15pm eastern, plus after 5pm eastern on Saturday and all day Sunday. Fight me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Voyager, I just drafted Coldsnap. Please come fight me so that I don't make this mistake again.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Voyager1, come fight me eventually. I'll be online for like an hour and a half maybe, and then I'll be on all day tomorrow.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Okay, can someone please tell me why people are playing creatures in Burn? It turns some of your best matchups into some of your worst matchups, and specifically destroys your mirror match by turning a dead card (Searing Blaze) into the best possible spell. Keldon Marauders is whatever since paying 2 mana for a slow 2 damage is horrendous but not nearly as bad as playing a Goblin Fireslinger and suddenly turning on the 3 dead spells in your MBC opponent's hand, or turning on Tron's Firebolts.

Curse of the Pierced Heart is incredibly good for Burn because it gives you some staying power and can help you win games where you draw 6 mountains. Keldon Marauders is Best-Case Scenario mentality (5 damage for 2 mana!) and Goblin Fireslinger is the greediest Curse of Pierced Heart.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Voyager come face me, if you dare! Although given that I'm U/B Teachings and you're Kuldotha Jeskai I'd understand if you just want to concede now. It'd be the same result either way :colbert:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp 5-0ed a League with Goblins because I only flooded out in 3 games when the enemy had a poor draw. Looking to beat on some Kuldotha Jeskai whenever Voyager shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Fog decks :shepicide:

Steve you should match one of the fog decks up against UB teachings. I want to see how that plays out.

Please don't I don't want to somehow lose to Turbofog.

• Locked thread