Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Well I just made a Pauper deck. Might as well get my poo poo pushed in in a metagame I know nothing about.

shanebeeps is my MTGO name. Playing Delver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ThePeavstenator posted:

I would be interested in playing but I need to build a Pauper deck in MTGO first. If someone wants to add me to some waiting list until I build a deck or their friends list my MTGO is ThePeavstenator.

Take 8 tickets and 15 minutes and hit up Goatbots0 or something

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Question: if I want a deck that attacks on a different angle than Delver do I want to build affinity or goblins or G stompy?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

25 different archetypes in a 34 person tournament. Pretty sweet.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Who wants to loan or sell me 3-4 mental notes so I can potentially run Angler Delver alongside U Delver?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Me, I can. I can be on tonight like ~9pm EST.

Cool my dude. I assume you can trust me given that we've known each other for way too god drat long at this point.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ThePeavstenator posted:

ShaneB I'm on after 7-8 EST most nights

I'm ThePeavstenator on MTGO

Added you on MTGO. I will be on tonight.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ThePeavstenator posted:

Results of ThePeavstenator vs ShaneB:

2-0

It was bad. Real bad. I hate how U Delver can't handle anything wide. Gonna try UB delver in r2.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

At what point do I have to set my round 2 deck? I don't want to be considered metagaming/cheating based on my R2 opponent.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Switching to izzet blitz for r2.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

snacksmaniac i added you on MTGO.

I'll be idling on there and can probably fit in a game whenever. Let me know here. I won't see the app update since it's running on a remote instance.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

Opponent are you gonna be home at around 1030

In what time zone? I'll be available tomorrow during the day and evening. PM me if you can to schedule.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I've been trying to schedule with my opponent but we just aren't lining up well. I've also had family in town the past three days. I can fit a game in today if Snacksmaniac can. We have been communicating through PMs so fingers crossed.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ShaneB 2-1 over Snacksmaniac.

Terrible magic all around. The 3rd game was flaccid as gently caress and made me feel bad to be playing this dumb game.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Rimusutera posted:

You can't just leave it like that, give us details.

I'm on Izzet Blitz, he's on Sliver beatdown.

G1: I'm on the draw. I keep a pretty viable hand with Delver, Nivix Cyclops, lands, and spells. My only red source was an Evolving Wilds. T1 Island, Delver. T2 miss the blind flip, draw Island, have no other real plays besides Evolving Wilds to set up T3 Nivix. On the other side, Snacksmaniac is just playing really good Slivers and hitting his land drops. At the end of his T3 F2 through his end step, not cracking my Evolving Wilds, making my Bolt and Cyclops unplayable. GG.

G2: On the play, I get the a dream hand of Temur Battle Rage, Gitprobe, some cantrip, lands, and creatures. T2 Kiln Fiend into enough spells to make him lethal is stopped by a smartly played Vines of Vastwood on my own creature in response to Temur Battle Rage. Still takes 10. Probably forgetting Apostle's Blessing is likely lethal, he attacks with his white creature leaving a green creature back. I preordain into bolt into apostle's blessing and swing through the green creature. GG.

G3: Not wanting to mull to 5, I keep Island, Delver, and 1 mana spells, including removal for nearly any sliver he can play (Flame Slash). I get a blind flip on Delver T2, while he proceeds to never hit a Plains. I don't hit a second land for about 4 turns and don't hit a mountain ever. I am racing him down with my flipped Delver vs his 2/2 green Sliver, and he gets rancor on his single Sliver after a few turns. He attempts to Journey to Nowhere my Delver, but I cast Apostle's Blessing in response, and he has to target his own creature. GG.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Lost 2-1 to DAD LOST MY IPOD.

I honestly timed out because I thought too much. If he hadn't played Jungle Hollow and I had 5 more seconds I would have won G3 off a topdecked bolt, though! :(

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

You mean you lost 1-2?

Yes sorry mean drum teacher from the movies :(

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I PMed my opponent on Monday and haven't heard anything back yet. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002