Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I'm in for this one too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna play what's probably a terrible turbo fog brew since I played a good deck last time.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Mtgo name is FingersMLD

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

L0cke17 posted:

FINGERSMCLONGDONG

I'm available tonight after 7-8pm EST if that works, otherwise my schedule is kinda spotty due to work deadlines this week and paper tournaments.

Working 3rd shift tonight and between errands and modern night I'll probably be too busy tomorrow, and I have a training function Wednesday that won't be over til 10 pm.. I'm off all day Thursday though if you're available during the daytime? Or if you're around when modern night is over tomorrow I can play, otherwise it'll be Sunday evening. I work all next weekend and my in-laws are visiting at the same time :(

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

L0cke17 posted:

Um, probably best time would be tomorrow evening then, I'm generally awake until 1-2am est, so as long as we're starting by midnightish I can do then. Otherwise, I'm busy at my job, our prototype robot is leaving for the first demos Friday. and if it doesn't work we don't get more money and the startup dies, so very busy.

I'll shoot for tomorrow evening then. Modern night only lasts til midnight at the latest usually so I'll be home by then.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Locke I'm hopping on now!

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
L0cke17 I'll be hopping on and idling on modo for a bit while I do some work on the computer

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

L0cke17 posted:

I finally have time today. I'll leave mtgo up whenever I'm online, but if we cant play today because I've been too busy this week I'll just concede.

I'm working all day but I might be able to hop on for a bit between 7 and 10 tonight, or I would be available tomorrow all day after 12 if there are extensions.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

L0cke17 posted:

I will be around my computer between 7 and 10 then. Also if youre playing turbofog and I'm playing durdle control, want to do alonger than 50 minute match? Or will the clock decide which of us wins this one?

I don't mind either way, it hasn't been a real issue in casual matches so far.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Fingers 1-2 L0cke17

Games were super long and it's a dumb matchup but eventually he choked me out on mana with 3-4 counters in one turn to allow a lethal swing. I'm a huge idiot baby so I'm going to hope my next opponent is on a creature based deck and not change decks though!

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Boco_T I'll be around today until 5ish est if you want to play, otherwise I'll have to wait until this weekend

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Boco_T posted:

I don't get off of work until 5:30 so that's a no go but all day Saturday and most of the morning/noonish Sunday would also be fine.

I might actually be able to play tonight after 10 pm as well if that works out, I'm on 3rd this week but off tonight so I'll be up and drafting tonight.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Boco_T posted:

Boco_T 1-2 FingersMcLongDong

Turns out it's difficult for a deck that wants to attack with a lot of goblins to defeat a deck with like 30 Fogs.

Still keeping this deck for round 3.

Hey that's not true!

It's only 26 fogs.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
CompeAnansi I'll be out of town until Sunday sometime. If I can't play Sunday we may have to get an extension and play Monday if that's ok.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
CompeAnansi I sent you a PM just now but posting here too just to make sure you see it

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

CompeAnansi posted:

Yesterday ended up being busier than anticipated. You said before you could play early today, let me know if you still can.

Yeah I'll be home all day working on the computer, I'll leave modo up

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Scumbag fog player Fingers McLongDong 2-1 CompeAnansi

Game 1 mulled to 5, got murdered by an atog. Game 2 was played out long but that's good for me, fogged the game away. Game 3 I mulled to 5, had no green sources, and was dead next turn unless I draw one of my 3 Forests... which I did. Fogged away until time ran out on opponent.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Frozen_flame posted:

Fingers McLongDong gonna be around tomorrow from about... midnight GMT? Then Wedesday all day.

I'm going to modern night at the shop tomorrow and should be home around midnight EST, I'll log on when I get home and see if you're on. Otherwise I'm off Wednesday and I'll idle on mtgo during the day.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Frozen_flame posted:

Hope you didn't get stomped by Eldrazi (of course you did). Idling on modo and added you there, I do have PM's but gonna be on Stardew Valley wasting time.

Meh I lost to elves and burn. I'll be home around 11:15 est, I'll hop on when I do.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Hey Frozen_flame I'll be idling on modo for a few hours starting in roughly 30 minutes. Otherwise I can play during the day some tomorrow, or literally all night starting around 10 pm est.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Fingers 2-1 Frozen_flame

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Hellsau posted:

Fogs do nothing against four Grey Merchants.

Every time I've beaten MBC it's been because I milled their merchants. Otherwise I lose, yeah

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Voyager I posted:

Try splashing Crypt Incursion if it's not an impossible addition. It gains you a loving ton of life, which could save you from decks that primarily win with creature damage but still have some reach (or just let you not die if you don't have a fog for one turn). I'm running my fog list as straight UW, but going full Esper might be worth it just for that card (and maybe maindeck Bojuka Bog).

I'm already three color, with green being the heaviest color. I've actually put a few remove soul in the sideboard that I only bring in for MBC to hit Gary, and for Tron to hit ulamogs crusher. Those tend to be the only two creatures I have a hard time beating.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

suicidesteve posted:

New pairings. I'm pretty tempted to just scoop this round.

:)

I'm available now for a couple hours, for a bit tomorrow before 5ish, whenever on Wednesday, and during the day Thursday.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Suicidesteve when are you available?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

suicidesteve posted:

Ok as of right now boco_t, rinski, and fingers are winning their matches. Hellsau and Voyager are tied.

I'm on now and will be for a while, mr. Dong. My work schedule this week already isn't conducive to playing on your schedule, and my wife working at night meant I had to put the baby to sleep for the last few nights when I would have been able to play.

I'll be available all day and night today if you can play at any point.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

suicidesteve posted:

And no Magic was played by me for the 3rd match in a row.

I was going to ask if you wanted to play some other non-fog matchups for fun afterwards :(

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

The Shortest Path posted:

FingersMcLongDong, I will be around all day tomorrow and wednesday playing Dark Souls so I'll leave modo open

I can try to hop on for a bit Wednesday between 2 and 430 est, otherwise it'll be the weekend for me.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

I got hosed in the rear end by the DMV and can't work until ~thursday because I'm a delivery driver, so I'll be here all day today and tomorrow.

No problem, I'll hop on tonight some time when it's too dark for yardwork. I'll post here before I do.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
The Shortest Path I'll hop on in about 30 minutes if you see this and respond

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
The Shortest Path I can get on again tonight after 630 pm est, let me know something!

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

0-2 to Fingers McLongDong because I have zero cards in my deck that get through fogs because I'm bad at deckbuilding

Yup. Make sure you add some dispels or something to your board! I pm'd you the fog list since you were interested.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Anything happening with this?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
This slipped my mind. I'll submit a list in a little bit.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Ah poo poo. I redid my sideboard recently and completely forgot to add CoP:reds for burn. Not sure how to win this now!

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Mister Oblivious I will be available briefly tomorrow from 1-4, during the day Tuesday, or any time Wednesday and Thursday.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

MisterOblivious posted:

I'll be on the rest of the night.

Modo is updating, I'll be on soon

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Fingers 0-2 MisterOblivious

Not terribly surprising, but at least game 2 I stayed alive a long time. I'm dumb for forgetting that matchup when sideboarding, considering I had CoP: Red in the board up until now. Also double curse of bloody heart is gross. GG's though.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

suicidesteve posted:

In fog vs burn there are no GGs.

I rarely get a GG anyway when I play fog so I'll take what I can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I won't be around to receive anything until this coming week when I get back from the GP, but hey, prizes!

• Locked thread