Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

evilspacehopper posted:

So I have Tri-Force Heroes and I've never had anyone I can play with so I've stuck to randoms and single player. So far this LP has taught me that both friends and strangers alike will always throw you off a cliff. That's what I'm taking away from all of this.

If there's a way to screw people over, people online WILL find it.
Applies to pretty much any sort of online multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RasterPunk
Aug 24, 2015

evilspacehopper posted:

So I have Tri-Force Heroes and I've never had anyone I can play with so I've stuck to randoms and single player. So far this LP has taught me that both friends and strangers alike will always throw you off a cliff. That's what I'm taking away from all of this.

It's a hyrulian exercise; they say it builds character and there might be treasure down there.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Silegna posted:

If there's a way to screw people over, people online WILL find it.
Applies to pretty much any sort of online multiplayer.

which, given the extent to which you can dick over the other players in Magicka, makes me want to see some people play it without attacking each other.

(No point in asking that of TFH, given that the shared life already discourages it. Kinda.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

evilspacehopper posted:

Of course! What, do you just think there's some kind of magical barrier that prevents friends from throwing each other off cliffs or something?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

evilspacehopper posted:

A valuable life lesson.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
:siren:Updates for All:siren:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week, some rabbit bastard steals TacoBob's house while the NO! trio put forward more of an effort not to kill each other.

Like I mentioned before, I'm going to start including backgrounds in TFH so that all of the empty black space doesn't get boring. NullBlack already contributed a pretty great one that I will include in the next parts.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Having actually used Streetpass for Link Between Worlds, I know how it works. Basically when you passed by someone else with it active for LBW, a sign appears in Kakariko Village. Reading the sign causes a Shadow Link to appear somewhere in the overworld. Locating and talking to the Shadow Link will initiate a fight. The fights can be piss easy or obnoxiously difficult depending on how good at the game you are, the arena being used for the fight, and what equipment you and your opponent have in the fight.

Edit: Also, I thought that the Stamina bar was more like a magic meter given how it's used with certain items later. And Ravio charging you presumably because he wanted to have enough to eventually leave and live on his own again.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 24, 2016

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Why is there a man rabbit thing in your house, TacoBob?

And why aren't you charging him rent?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shei-kun posted:

Why is there a man rabbit thing in your house, TacoBob?

And why aren't you charging him rent?

Have you SEEN the weapons this guy carries around? You don't kick a porcupine.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You also don't let a porcupine move into your house and charge you money for poo poo he finds lying around the place

Like at the point where he does that I don't care if he has a sword or he's covered in spikes or he has an ICBM strapped to his back you are not moving into my house and charging me for poo poo

some plague rats fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Feb 27, 2016

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

You say that, but I feel like if I theoretically lived in some non-real world and knew I was never going to be home anyway, i'd be pretty cool with letting some dude set himself up in my room if I got to rent some cool weapons for dirt cheap.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Crawfish posted:

You say that, but I feel like if I theoretically lived in some non-real world and knew I was never going to be home anyway, i'd be pretty cool with letting some dude set himself up in my room if I got to rent some cool weapons for dirt cheap.

There goes my 'Tingle in a costume' theory.

e: or different costume, rather

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
When I first played LBW, I thought Ravio was gonna be like the new Tingel or something.

I also thought he was an actual rabbit man. It took me a minute to realize it's some giant, goofball mask.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Digital Jello posted:

When I first played LBW, I thought Ravio was gonna be like the new Tingel or something.

I also thought he was an actual rabbit man. It took me a minute to realize it's some giant, goofball mask.

I bet that in an alternate universe where Tingle was accepted as a Zelda mainstay, Tingle would have very well been this main shopkeeper.

Although it would have been interesting if Beedle showed up in this game somewhere, but since this game is supposed to be a sequel/remake of A Link to the Past, having Beedle shoehorned in this game would have been a bit much.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The talk with princess Zelda was very reminiscent of when you first met her in Ocarina of Time, though. Similar things were said, Impa was there, ...

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Shahashrala lived in the same house in LttP. Zelda sends you there, then his wife(?) says that you need to meet him at the Eastern Palace. Everyone just skips that step because they've played the game a million times.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

whitehelm posted:

Shahashrala lived in the same house in LttP. Zelda sends you there, then his wife(?) says that you need to meet him at the Eastern Palace. Everyone just skips that step because they've played the game a million times.

Yeah, he's left town because Aghamin is searching for him, which is why he's in the middle of nowhere outside the Eastern Palace.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Zuzie posted:

I bet that in an alternate universe where Tingle was accepted as a Zelda mainstay, Tingle would have very well been this main shopkeeper.

Although it would have been interesting if Beedle showed up in this game somewhere, but since this game is supposed to be a sequel/remake of A Link to the Past, having Beedle shoehorned in this game would have been a bit much.

Technically a Beedle existed in Skyward Sword which is chronologically the first Zelda so a version of him could exist in all three timelines even if we only meet him in the Adult Link one just as Tingle exists in both the Child and Adult ones.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week in ALBW, the first dungeon is a breeze yet TacoBob still somehow winds up splattered against a wall. Meanwhile in TFH, we fail dramatically at one of the freshly unlocked challenges for the Woodlands, so we move on to Riverside and try to drown each other.

Small addendum to my previous statement of ALBW being a 100% run: no Streetpass or max cuckoo thing. The former because no, and the latter because gently caress no.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You can refuse to save the world in Super Paper Mario at the start of the game and Merlon flat out says "Welp, we're doomed then" and you get a game over, more Nintendo games should do this.

Torlon
Oct 27, 2007

Kittens, you have to get them before they get you
Street pass is weird in heroes. As far as I can tell it just makes the merchant sell two more items... and nothing else.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
While the Byzantine art style of paintings in LBW is really cool, I would be loving terrified to be trapped in a painting/wall art or whatever, doubly so if immobilized like that.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Do monsters sometimes drop monster guts? Would huge monsters drop huge guts?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Do monsters sometimes drop monster guts? Would huge monsters drop huge guts?

It depends on the exact kind of monster as there are three ypes of monster parts that can be dropped/found in LBW, the other two being Monster Horns and Monster Tails.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 2, 2016

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Chimera-gui posted:

It depends on the exact kind of monster as there are three types of monster parts that can be dropped/found in LBW, the other two being Monster Horns and Monster Tails.

Yes, but would one have to rip and/or tear at these huge monsters?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Thunderfinger posted:

Yes, but would one have to rip and/or tear at these huge monsters?

No, this is not Monster Hunter.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thanks, Travis.

If anyone has new name suggestions or background art for us, let us know soon. Next week is the last of our backlog, so we're gonna be recording more soon.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Ravio just shoves your bed in the loving corner and upturns it. How does he sleep?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Splatoon also made the music softer while you were swimming in ink as a squid.

Also fun fact: The River Zora were straight up depicted as merfolk in A Link to the Past's artwork before they were given a more amphibious form in part do to the Sea Zora from the 3D games:

By the way, Oren actually does tell you why the River Zora attack you despite the fact that you just helped her: The Zora consider the river their territory and although she's told them to along with humans, they simply aren't listening to her.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 10, 2016

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Irene is pretty much Maple from the Oracle games, although unlike Maple she doesn't fly into you and try to steal whatever items you drop.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
I don't recall the shady guy that ran into you being in Link to the Past.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You didn't know about the multiplier for Rupee Rush? Man, I'm not sure how you get the heart containers without it.

Since you don't have an on-screen timer, there's one other trick: listen to the music, One loop is 15 seconds. Once you learn that it's a great source of easy rupees.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Cartheon posted:

I don't recall the shady guy that ran into you being in Link to the Past.

I think he's a mix of the thieves in the Lost Forest, and that kid in Kakariko that would sprint away from you if you got too close (and you could only catch him once you got the Pegasus Boots).

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
Now that you have pointed it out, I do see the similarity to those annoying thief enemies you can't kill.

Yeah, you, unkillable thief. gently caress you and your frown.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Judge Tesla posted:

Irene is pretty much Maple from the Oracle games, although unlike Maple she doesn't fly into you and try to steal whatever items you drop.

She doesn't do that in the Oracle games, it's the opposite, actually, you steal HER stuff.

Torlon
Oct 27, 2007

Kittens, you have to get them before they get you
It's interesting to watch Thorn go to new levels in Heroes, he doesn't know what you're supposed to do anymore.

I like the little skip ahead but at least it wasn't as far as we skipped in the stream.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
I have no artistic skills to actually draw this but the LBW commentary made me think of Link standing on a cliff wearing rubber gloves and holding a yellow ChuChu above his head with a smile on his face while a bunch of River Zoras are below looking at him in horror.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Some great TFH/Skies of Arcadia crossover pics from Akogare Zephyr:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Zaggitz posted:

She doesn't do that in the Oracle games, it's the opposite, actually, you steal HER stuff.

It's a mix of both, actually. The items that drop are a combination of her items and yours, and she'll even gloat if she manages to grab more stuff that drops than you do for this reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TriForce Heroes not having either an angry button or ones that you can earn by playing the game is a real missed opportunity IMO.

• Locked thread