Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ThornBrain posted:

Small update: ALBW has been archived.
TFH is still on hiatus while Yoshi and Travis are both sporadically available. However I asked around and I understand that the challenges are not necessary to see all of the story. So since trying to 100% the game would likely drive the LP into repeating hiatuses, let's have a poll:
Do you want us to do all of the challenges; or should we focus on completing the story and just get as many costumes as we can, then call it there?

Definitely the latter. Even if it's a fairly odd take on a standard Zelda story, you can say you completed the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torlon
Oct 27, 2007

Kittens, you have to get them before they get you
I'd say complete all the challenges in one world to show off the reward but aside from that no, it's way too much work.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

TFH is finally coming out of its hiatus, so here's a reel of Travis and I arsing about in the meantime.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Travis and I take a proper stab at a challenge, with the help of a very patient rando.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
That rando was pretty good, actually. How long did it take you and Travis to actually connect to the guy?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
A good 10 minutes or so. We found another one early on, but we lost connection pretty much immediately.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if some day, some distant far away day, Nintendo might actually have an online component in one of their games that doesn't have terrible netcode.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I'm streaming some more side stuff on my hitbox in a few minutes.

Side stuff completed splendidly, and Wednesday's update is now on schedule.

During the stream ChibiWisdom sent me a fine piece of fanart for my semi-recent Hyrule Warriors stream of an overprotective Fi. It won't be added to this thread's fanart but rather the Twilight Princess HD thread next year, but I can share it with y'all now.

Also during the pre-stream I played some music and doodled in 3DS's Game Notes app. This is what it looks like when you stop drawing for half your life.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 28, 2016

Torlon
Oct 27, 2007

It was a fun stream. A big shout out to Deli and Santa. Also I look forward to Thorn using some of the dirty underhanded tactics he learned on Travis and Yoshi.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The challenge attempt with Travis goes awry, so halfway through the footage transitions to Sunday's livestream. Next week will be the last of this side stuff (until the Den of Trials if we decide to attempt it), and then we will continue with the story.

Torlon
Oct 27, 2007

You guys should try the Den of Trials. It doesn't start off that bad but the last two sections are brutal, I gave up trying to do it with people and completed it with dooples.

I advise using the hammer suit or robot suit, and start at the beginning.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Torlon continues to help me through the last of the Woodlands challenges, and then he and I go a few rounds in the coliseum.

If Yoshi, Travis and I aren't able to record more this week, I'll hold another livestream around Tuesday the 13th to attempt the Den of Trials.

Torlon
Oct 27, 2007

It was fun and I look forward to possibly dragging you through the Den of Trials kicking and screaming. I can at least get you to the last fight but completing the den is difficult.

There are also some easter eggs you can show off. For example there are two outfits that cause interesting reactions by the chest game guy. Also trying to find all the Drablands Diaries.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
We couldn't record this week so I'll be streaming the Den of Trails on my Hitbox at 5PM Pacific (about three hours from now).

Torlon
Oct 27, 2007

Well we tried to complete the trials but at some point Thorn got replaced by a chicken and we ended up back in the woodlands.

Also we discovered a horrible secret about the heart/rupee jellyfish.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Nearly three hours of hell chopped down to half. Thanks again to Torlon, RebelliousPawn, and Delish for helping.

Once again if Yoshi and Travis aren't available to record this week, I'm probably going to have another stream to finish the game, since I'd like the LP complete before the end of the year.

E: The thing Torlon referred to was accidentally cut out of the video. I've uploaded it separately:

Also have some more great ChibiWisdom fanart:

And more horrific sketches I did before recording:

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 15, 2016

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't played this game so I might be wrong, but it looked to me that near the end you showed off what the lady says when you don't change outfits, which seems to override the outfit-specific lines.

This means you haven't shown off the text for the Fierce Deity suit yet. Will you do so next video?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Couldn't get together with Yoshi or Travis, so I just went ahead and rolled through to the end of the game. Next week will be the LP's finale.
And yes, Carbon dioxide, I went back and showed the actual text off, but I don't remember if it was in either of these parts or next week's.

Some lovely fanart from ChibiWisdom and peachteadreams:

(By peachteadreams)

(By ChibiWisdom)

And the requisite 3DS doodle disasters:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Renosei should have been able to fly in that outfit :colbert:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thus concludes TFH and this nearly-year-long thread. Thanks to work and school, the LP didn't quite go how I'd planned, but I still had fun with it. I'm glad we were able to complete something different like this. Thanks again to everyone who helped out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Welp. Thanks for the LPs. I'm glad that you could make the Triforce Heroes one work despite scheduling trouble.

I suppose the moral of the story is that the only thing that really matters is appearance.

• Locked thread