Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Link Between Worlds is rad and I so very, very badly want them to do a Link's Awakening "remake" in the same way. Also I love the acoustic theme that plays in the overworld at the very start of the game, too bad it goes away soon.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
While the Byzantine art style of paintings in LBW is really cool, I would be loving terrified to be trapped in a painting/wall art or whatever, doubly so if immobilized like that.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah Squid Baseball sucks and is the reason why I will never 100% this game. Then again the fact that an optional minigame is the worst part about ALBW speaks to its overall quality.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm surprised you waited so long to do the Desert Palace, as soon as I learned it was where you got the Titan's Mitt I pretty much went straight for it. That thing opens up a bunch of extra stuff.

Bruceski posted:

I've beaten the game on hero mode multiple times, and IMO it's simply not worth it. Enemies at the start of the game 2-shot you. Grab every heart piece, beeline the water temple's armor, get the best weapon upgrades and play as conservatively as possible. There's simply no room for screwing around. You can't brave the damaging enemies on the mountain to hit the ice palace first for shits and giggles, nothing like that.

I started Hero Mode a while back and yeah it's a pain in the rear end. I think it might get better once I have a few extra heart containers though?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Honestly I didn't mind the Maimai sidequest that much, the game tells you how many are left in each region and it doesn't hide any in dungeons. Plus the rewards are actually worthwhile.

Compare it to the Gold Skulltulas in OoT where they stop giving you rewards after 50, and both hides them in more places and doesn't tell you how many are left in an area until you've found them all.

• Locked thread