Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Y-Hat posted:

All I know about Link Between Worlds is that it's more or less an updated Link to the Past.

More or less. It was going to be a straight-up 3D remake of LttP, but Nintendo decided to jazz it up a bit with a new story and some additional gameplay mechanics. For the most part I think it worked. It's one of my favorite Zelda games, though I am admittedly a sucker for the alternate universe thing it's got going on.

I'm not too keen on TFH, but watching Thorn, Travis, and Yoshi kill eachother play it together should be amusing, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
If I'm remembering correctly, that's pretty much Nintendo's modus operandi for every YouTube video of their games at this point, unfortunately.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Regarding Yoshi's comment about a Lorule version of every Zelda area, I've got this pet theory that Termina in Majora's Mask is actually a different region of Lorule's world. I doubt anyone at Nintendo has really given it that much thought, but it's fairly easy to draw a parallel (heh) there.

No, this has nothing to do with Majora's Mask hanging on Link's wall in ALBW, why do you ask?

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
You know, I spent the entire dungeon in ALBW waiting for the thief girl to stab Link in the back. I was actually rather surprised when she turned out to be on the level.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
You know, I want to say there's a trick with only lighting the left torch in the Ganon boss fight, but I can't remember what it is exactly. I suppose it's moot now.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I did Hyrule Hotfoot the "incredibly difficult" way. All I got was this lousy t-shirt Because I never quite figured out the dishonest way of doing it. Argh, it's borderline impossible to do it legit, but I guess we get bragging rights or something, eh?

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 9, 2016

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I've not only never finished the baseball minigame, I've never actually played it. Took one look at the field and NOPEd right the gently caress out. I knew it was going to be nothing but pain the minute I laid eyes on it.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Man, some of the bosses in TFH look like total bullshit. I've got a grudge against Moldorm as it is (:argh:), but flaming Moldorm can go suck a cock.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
That rando was pretty good, actually. How long did it take you and Travis to actually connect to the guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if some day, some distant far away day, Nintendo might actually have an online component in one of their games that doesn't have terrible netcode.

• Locked thread