Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Not an irregular occurrence by any stretch but this one still has left me terribly confused, and the whole exchange only took about two minutes.

What was he selling you should ask and i will tell you, he had a picture of my house in a 60cmx60cm wooden frame that he said was taken from a plane, wonderful but i was not interested and he left.

But lets rewind a moment, he has a framed picture of my house taken from a plane, he already has the picture in a frame and just came round randomly to offer to sell it to me, what the gently caress is his business plan??

I hope i haven't just destroyed his dreams, maybe he rented the plane, took the picture, framed it and then decided i might want it - i'm lost here, he had at least two other pictures with him and a van... did he take pictures of all my neighbours houses too, framed them, then tried to sell them to people??

Has anyone else had this offer?? I feel like i should of spoken to him a lot more but the kid was yelling and screaming the dogs were barking at the kid screaming so i just rushed and missed my moment to now forever be questioning this man and goddamn if i see a light plane fly over ill be waving for the next photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Nation posted:

Not an irregular occurrence by any stretch but this one still has left me terribly confused, and the whole exchange only took about two minutes.

What was he selling you should ask and i will tell you, he had a picture of my house in a 60cmx60cm wooden frame that he said was taken from a plane, wonderful but i was not interested and he left.

But lets rewind a moment, he has a framed picture of my house taken from a plane, he already has the picture in a frame and just came round randomly to offer to sell it to me, what the gently caress is his business plan??

I hope i haven't just destroyed his dreams, maybe he rented the plane, took the picture, framed it and then decided i might want it - i'm lost here, he had at least two other pictures with him and a van... did he take pictures of all my neighbours houses too, framed them, then tried to sell them to people??

Has anyone else had this offer?? I feel like i should of spoken to him a lot more but the kid was yelling and screaming the dogs were barking at the kid screaming so i just rushed and missed my moment to now forever be questioning this man and goddamn if i see a light plane fly over ill be waving for the next photo.

Or he took it off of Google Maps. Assuming he reuses the frame each picture is only going to cost him 60cmx60cm worth of paper plus some ink.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

No he had flying goggles on like an old ww1 pilot so I'm sure it's not that

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i bought it since you didnt want it.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

dad gay. so what posted:

i bought it since you didnt want it.

I'm waving at you now from the photo but I'm not sure it works like that

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nation posted:

I'm waving at you now from the photo but I'm not sure it works like that

i dont know either. i hung it in my heavily fortified rec room.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Stay safe Google image host

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
listen man nowadays people think prop planes are just a novelty but i am doing some quality work, i am taking pictures, pulling banners and flying upside down. i am not a rich man but i do just fine and you cant appreciate the loving picture i framed just for you because as i fly i look down an admire your home and think you know what this guy has a good taste in buildings he has a good taste in art i took that picture at least a hudnred times with my iphone you know how many phones i dropped doing it? 3, 3 phones and the least you could do was buy it and frame it and make it all worthwhile

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

how much was he asking?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

ghostter posted:

how much was he asking?

if price is an issue then idk if high art is for you friend

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Smash it Smash hit posted:

if price is an issue then idk if high art is for you friend

shh im trying to do business here

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Did he look like a Baron? Perhaps a red one? If so send him my way, my dog's got some issues with him that can only be solved with aerial combat or "dogfighting" if you will.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Do you have country property? This was a thing decades ago. I think the markup on what they do sell to (old) people recoups the losses of a photo print.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Look I am in no position to question your business acumen but you have your head in the clouds if you think I will buy unsolicited photographic material I've been burned before. Friend.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

ghostter posted:

how much was he asking?

I didn't get that far but I wish I knew now

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Interesting, I'm a solicitor in a similar market but my pictures are usually taken at night and also from the inside of the person's house. No takers yet but I'm holding out hope!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

diabeetz posted:

Do you have country property? This was a thing decades ago. I think the markup on what they do sell to (old) people recoups the losses of a photo print.

Yea i guess it's a thing for people who don't drone

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

diabeetz posted:

so you think they sell it for more than it costs to make? :wth:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Nation posted:

Look I am in no position to question your business acumen but you have your head in the clouds if you think I will buy unsolicited photographic material I've been burned before. Friend.

uhhhh ummm uhh.... err.... propeller!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Smash it Smash hit posted:

uhhhh ummm uhh.... err.... propeller!

Seriously though I've bought pictures before that looked great and everything but you get them home, open it up and it's just a half eaten cracker

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Nation posted:

Seriously though I've bought pictures before that looked great and everything but you get them home, open it up and it's just a half eaten cracker

look at rockerfeller here complaining about a free half eaten cracker bonus

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my dad had some photos like that of our old house, i doubt a door-to-door salesman was involved though!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Mozi posted:

my dad had some photos like that of our old house, i doubt a door-to-door salesman was involved though!

i was youre dad is a sweet ol' man you could learn alot from him

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

If you don't buy the picture he will bomb u (or bum u, one or the other)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I want to see the man's plane.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
sounds like an ISIS operative to me, you should have strangled him.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

feedmegin posted:

If you don't buy the picture he will bomb u (or bum u, one or the other)

Depends on the accent I guess? In a lot of ways

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Mozi posted:

Can you ask the dad?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

jesus rear end in a top hat now i have to fly back up there and un-take the photo

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Nation posted:

Can you ask the dad?

dad gay, so what - what do you feel about this thread

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
gas thread ban op

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

TheShazbot posted:

dad gay, so what - what do you feel about this thread

He already bought in, jeez, r>c>p

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Shadow posted:

gas thread ban op

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My dad has a pilot friend that took cool aerial photos of my dad's cabin over the course of like 30 years and they look really cool and show the various changes to the forest and water in the area. You blew it OP

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Shadow posted:

gas thread ban me

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is it normal if a salesman offers to sell you a framed picture of your own mutilated dead body? I need to know like 5 minutes ago.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I wonder if this guy has a room full of unsold pictures of houses.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

It's more a Shelbyville idea.

Baxter fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this is a misleadingly good thread thank you

voted 4