Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
(edit: oops new page)

Cathair posted:

Interesting banner ad, looks like- hoo boy, it's another Diogines CYOA. I wonder if it's going to be any less of a trainwreck than the last- oh no, it's set in the same hosed-up setting, RIP :cripes:

Well, good luck, readers. You'll need it.

Really? Came in just to poo poo up a thread?
If you don't like Diog's style, don't read, plenty of other things you can spend energy on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Tsyni posted:

You guys realize we're 5 years old, correct? Just making sure. F is hilarious to me in that context. Not complaining about wrong votes, just amused.

Nothing in F or H is outside the potential of a 5 year old. Hell, my 3yo has done this with his cousins more or less.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
So excited to see this five year old beat up thirty other children.

1: FH

Question: Does Grandpa have twelve fingers?
If so, we should tell them that!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

These childhood votes are more about laying out character traits and how we generally will act as a child, imo. Don't worry too much about how likely poo poo is to work.

We need to nip wrong-voting in the bud else.....

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Tsyni posted:

We need to nip wrong-voting in the bud else.....

The correct course of action in this new thread is to do whatever Enkidel didn't do.

In other words, the correct choice will always be to poo poo ourselves.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
FH Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Magnus Venator
Jul 17, 2006

Trekker på 1/5 sek. Svak for kvinner og hasard. Nervøs, innesluttet, med psykopatiske trekk.
F and H, simultaneously.

I'm guessing these kids are princes from the cities which attacked Tadmor previously, brought in as hostages to learn proper kinging from the only real king around.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
F followed by H. As a proponent for Team Judah Augustus I want us to learn from a very early age how to wield authority that we do not, technically, have.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

F then H

So excited for new Diog game. This is going to be goood.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Switching from F to F then H. Beat them up, but only if they refuse to acknowledge our self-proclaimed authority.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

H

A good start.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
FH. Words are important but fists speak louder.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
F then H

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Grandfather is leading us out into the woods because we won't stop hitting people with our God fists and splattering them into a fine red mist.

The Book of Enoch: Fist of the North Star Mount Har

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Sounds like fun!

F then if that fails H makes the most sense.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Compared to Zepath, this place is a dump

H Freaks unite!

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Poldarn posted:

Compared to Zepath, this place is a dump

H Freaks unite!

I mean it has been ravaged by war. I'm sure we can fix this place up good as new, if not better.

We now have a project, gents.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
H PUNCH THE MAGIC DRAGON

Lazaruise fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 19, 2016

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Lazaruise posted:

F PUNCH THE MAGIC DRAGON

H is punching, F is talking, friend.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

ArbitraryTA posted:

I mean it has been ravaged by war. I'm sure we can fix this place up good as new, if not better.

We now have a project, gents.

"Oh, my Roma Tadmor, I found you a city of brick, but I leave you a city of marble."
- Caesar Judah Augustus.

Thealex1010
Dec 4, 2013
Oh no! Not in my house! hashbrown facepunch
1H

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

H is punching, F is talking, friend.

Thank you :-*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Why do we want to be King of anything? Taking on responsibility is what slowed down and caused to many arguments last time.

We should go free agent; no ties, no responsibility to anyone but ourselves.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Outrail posted:

Why do we want to be King of anything? Taking on responsibility is what slowed down and caused to many arguments last time.

Agreed.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Just because we're not king, doesn't mean we can't rebuild Tadmor. Spend a few years in Batiel learning architecture, come home, beat up some guys for money, use the money to fund rebuilding projects.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
We can't change things if we don't have a powerbase. You guys don't want to change things for the better in the donut?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

nothing to seehere posted:

Just because we're not king, doesn't mean we can't rebuild Tadmor. Spend a few years in Batiel learning architecture, come home, beat up some guys for money, use the money to fund rebuilding projects.

Boring.

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

We can't change things if we don't have a powerbase. You guys don't want to change things for the better in the donut?

No, gently caress the donut. Lets go be a wondering map maker or something.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

No. Not at all.

I'm not even the slightest bit interested in spending another three years building the Kavodel 2.0 only to have a tide of demons fade us to black.

Personal power is everything. If we were stronger the demons wouldn't have eaten us.

I want to find out about the world. Aren't you guys even a little curious about the Horse people? Or Seir? Or literally anything?

So we rebuild the donut, ok. Then what? What's our end goal?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Outrail posted:

Then what? What's our end goal?

Let's make our goal to relax a bit through the first pages and encourage new people to vote.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I'm quite happy for us to become a wanderer, I like mapping.. :v:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Outrail posted:

The difference here is that Enkidel always had a limit to the amount of temporal power he was going to be allowed to have in Ur, and that's combined with his other boundaries. Being king of just Zepath and Kavodel, and never being allowed to engage with other cities? That would have been dull. Judah has the chance to become the king of one of Ur's more powerful cities, and freedom to wield the power and authority that comes with it far more decisively. Once we have a real kingdom going we can still have adventures, they'll just take the form of military campaigns against corrupt kings of the Donut and demons.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
well if you thought kavodel was boring (there was a period where I was getting impatient with it for sure), it's actually dropping that for an adventure that got us to game over there. In addition to, you know, a bunch of poor decisions following that.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Outrail posted:

Or Seir?

Let's not lock ourselves into the Bow as our Weapon of Choice. We all know it to be inferior to the Club.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The fastest (and best) way to 'fix' donut is to burn it down and rebuild it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Tadmor will be rebuilt to its former glory. Whatever we have to do to make that happen we will do.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Voting to learn cooking for every vote forever!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The difference here is that Enkidel always had a limit to the amount of temporal power he was going to be allowed to have in Ur, and that's combined with his other boundaries. Being king of just Zepath and Kavodel, and never being allowed to engage with other cities? That would have been dull. Judah has the chance to become the king of one of Ur's more powerful cities, and freedom to wield the power and authority that comes with it far more decisively. Once we have a real kingdom going we can still have adventures, they'll just take the form of military campaigns against corrupt kings of the Donut and demons.

Remember how grandad broke the opposing army pretty much singlehandedly? And without him the city would have fallen? Imagine if he'd been beating up people a few days sprint away?

We will be granddad, or Tuydia. If we leave the city our enemies will crush it unless it's a very quick strike and return. We learnt this in Mad God, We learnt this from Tuydia, we will learn it again and again.

If we become the defender of a city we will be stapled to defending it. Why bother in the first place?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Outrail posted:

Remember how grandad broke the opposing army pretty much singlehandedly? And without him the city would have fallen? Imagine if he'd been beating up people a few days sprint away?

We will be granddad, or Tuydia. If we leave the city our enemies will crush it unless it's a very quick strike and return. We learnt this in Mad God, We learnt this from Tuydia, we will learn it again and again.

If we become the defender of a city we will be stapled to defending it. Why bother in the first place?

That's why uniting Ur is so important. The petty kings and their endless, pointless wars are weakening Ur immeasurably as time goes on. If we can stop this from happening, install loyal allies and governors in the other cities, and build a defensive network, Mankind will be able to mount the first real offense against demons since Labaras and Zepa. But you do raise a good point here, and effectively garrisoning Tadmor may be a problem.

Hmm. Do we have any cousins, ah, born around the same time we were?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

We're about to kick the asses of some kids beating on another 6 fingered child. So, I'd say yes there definitely are others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Let us not get to far ahead of ourselves here. We aren't even the next in line for the throne.

• Locked thread