Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So it’s been two years since I abandon the last thread and I really can’t stop thinking about it. So we are going to try this again. I hope to stick with it and avoid the CYOA curse this time. I will probably try for shorter updates this time.

If you want to read the old thread it is here. This is just my posts its honestly worth reading as quite a lot of stuff happens and isn't that long.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639985&userid=139181

A brief recap for the TL;DR crowd.

You wake up after coming face to face with a demon. In doing so you lose connection to Humanis, a giant Golem that stands in the sky, both male and female Humanis is very angry that he/she has lost connection to you and smashes said demon.

There are another two demons, one kills your friend Hatty and you kill the other one with its own knife, the first runs away. A creepy guy called Doreen laughs at you for a bit but it turns out he wasn’t really there. You help Hatty feed her soul to a soul trap in a jam jar.

You then eat a demon's heart and gain a small amount of demon in you.You can move a little easier in shadows see a little better in the dark and have a aura of fear about you. Also you might want to murder and eat people a little more than you used too.

You find a place to sleep in an old cinema, in the night you are disturbed by two people in their 20s a girl called Charlie who swears a lot and a boy called Terry who is a bit of a wuss and may gently caress fae. After scaring the poo poo out of them and threatening to eat them they answer a lot of your questions and explain about an upcoming meeting for all the mages in the city.

The next day while looking for food you find a horrible little creature feeding off the emotion of a couple who are fighting. You and your dog Mr B manage to capture this creature and bind it to a beer bottle.

The day after you go to the meeting of the Mages and a lot of politics go down, I mean a lot, you might want to go read that bit. But your new master ends up being Eric of House Ennis (vassal House to House Angevin) After a little kerfuffle in a elevator, he manages to set off your PTSD concerning your time in the Army as a medic and a bad time you had in a hotel room with a not very nice man. With the use of your name, Morgan, he manages to bind those memories away. But he admits to doing a bit of a bad job of it and is not sure how long it will last for.

When at his house, he gives you access to a library and some jobs to do. You take the job to go sort out a ghost near a lake on the edge of his estate. You get there and decide to throw the bottled creature at the ghost…. And then that is where I stopped writing.

Here is a quick cheat sheet of most of the characters so far.

I won’t keep this up to date. This is just because I’ve come off a two year hiatus. Also Sogol do you still have the image you did of all the houses and their connections? that was really cool.

Perception II

You remove the bottle from your satchel. Looking at the label you see the face of the creature it seems to shift ever so slightly. You speak softly “Do you eat that?” and point the bottle towards the ghost. Turning it back to you the creatures face gives a slight nod. “If I release you to eat that, you will owe me another service.” The face nods again, an agreement?

You grimace and throw the bottle down at the feet of the ghost. It smashes upon the floor, broken shards flying everywhere. The creature explodes from the remains of the bottle, forming solid from mist. It tackles the ghost all claws and teeth, the ghost has no time to react. It goes down screaming and the creature feeds on the essence of it. As the creature eats the ghost loses form and you begin to see what it truly is, a giant scar of emotion etched upon the Fabric of the landscape. The creature feeds on this scar knitting reality together in the process.

When it is finished and the creature is sated it turns to you and looks at you with beady eyes. For a moment it starts to run, but after two steps it stops and turns around to look at you again.

“Moooree foodss likess thisss?” it said.

“Maybe” you said.

it stares for awhile you can almost feel it thinking “I stay with you.” it said “you will give me more food.”

What do you do?
A) Accept this offer
B) Reject this offer
C) Kill the creature
D) And eat it heart
E) Or something else? Writing in.

Once you have finished with the ghost you collect your belongings and head back towards the home of Eric. You haven't been out of the city in years, maybe it’s just being outside in the country, maybe it’s the bracelet keeping a check on your demon side or maybe it’s the head magic keeping your PTSD at bay, but you have never felt so good. You can feel the magic throughout the forest, it has a different tint to it. It flows from tree to tree through their roots at the speed of molasses and as it crosses it both gains and loses something that you don’t understand. You Pause for a moment and consider a plant really looking at the magic flowing through it. You reach out and take a leaf of the plant between your fingers. With a gently nudge you poke the flow of magic in the flower. You are aware of Something, out there, It notices what you have done. The leaf between your fingers changes colour, the magic destabilizes it begins the vibrate and the planet begins to wither and die.

What do you do? Decide this before reading on please.

F) Leave it and let the plant die.
G) Try and soothe the magic in the plant.
H) Eat the plant, it doesn’t look like it will taste very nice.
I)Something else? Write in.

You finally make your way back to the home of Eric, and find him waiting for you in his ridiculous conservatory

“I took care of the ghost for you.” You said.

“Have you ever heard of prions disease Girly?” He replies. You give him a puzzled look. “There was an epidemic in kuru, it was spread through the practice of cannibalism. Its an infection made out of protein which eats small holes in your brain turning it into a sponge.” He pauses for a moment. “Im telling you this because you did something very foolish out there. You did magic in your head. That will attract the attention of things out there that feed on the flow of magic and as they do so they will eat small holes in your brain. Now From what I felt and what my instruments tell me” he waves at the plants around him “What you did was to brief for those things to get attached to you. But from now on make sure there is always something between you and the magic you perform.”

He bends down and with a small gruff he picks up a heavy looking case. “You have proved yourself useful Morgan, and with that comes reward.” He opens the case to reveal:

“It’s a sawed off Franchi Renaissance Sporting 12 Gauge. Over and under, for a better sight line. In the engraved scroll work are some signs to ward off attention. This will only work with sleepers, and only up to a point. If you start waving it in a sleeper's face they will notice, and those signs won’t work on other mages. It may work on the other things out there. Maybe, it depends on the thing.”

You pick it up, it has a good weight to it. You know a bit about guns what with spending years in the army. It will take you a little time to get used to it, but not as long as a civvie.

“You may notice that there is no ammo. That’s because not everything out there reacts the same to ordinary shot. Now you still have an fae and demon problem to deal with, what type of shell would you like me to teach you how to make?”

J) Make the shells that work on Fae.
K) Make the shells that work on Demons.

You are free to ask Eric questions.
You can also ask Hatty questions (you have 38 minutes left in the soul trap).

An updated list of useful things you have on you.
Mr Belvedere

A small mirror lay you found on the factory floor.

A stick, burnt at both ends and a weaving pattern carved into it.
A jam jar containing the soul of Hatty.
The two pegs you found on the floor of the factory.
The knife you claimed from the creature.

The bracelet given to you by Mrs Ennis.
A bottle with the face of a creature on the label. It is wrapped in string that is tied in a intricate knot by Charlie??? Depends on vote.
A sawn off shotwand.

LowellDND posted:

Kay, it looks like New Voting Method (Attempt 1) did not work. I shall explain better.

Ralith is introducing a bot counter which I really like (based on the mafia games). The requirements for it to count a vote are

Bolding

and the signifier ##vote.

Like so:

Now, the semicolons rank preference, while the commas show indifference. A; B means you want A more than B.
A, B means they are the same to you, while A, B; C would mean you dont care about A or B, as long as its ahead of C.

Obviously, Im lazy about actually writing lettered options. Thats okay! The bot is pretty smart, and can also read words.

Would show you want plan ark over polarity. (I didn't bold it cuz I didn't want the bot counting it.) Make sense?

edit: The bot is really flexible. If I were to actually offer letter options, and plan tran came up later, you could still combine them.

1. B; plan tran; c, d; a

We are gonna try this voting method in this thread too!

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
I'm new to the game!

A. Accept the offer.

G. Soothe the magic

K. Demon shells

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Eryxias posted:

I'm new to the game!

Yay, welcome!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
What I gotten from the intro is that we are a Pokesoul Master with a side job for ghostbusting.

##vote
1. A
2. I. Kiss flower
3. J

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 19, 2016

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

##vote
1 A
2 F
3 J

Jester Mcgee fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 19, 2016

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Nyaa posted:

What I gotten from the intro is that we are a Pokesoul Master with a side job for ghostbusting.

You also eat things you shouldn't. Raw.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Goodness I remember enjoying this CYOA. How did the line go? "...what's your name?" "gently caress you!" *magic fingers intensifies "What's your name?" "gently caress you twice!" :smug:

##vote
1 E;A;C,D - Accept but shove that fucker back into a jar/box. I'm not having it loose and Smeagoling around on me. Creepy little gently caress.
2 G
3 K - I don't remember how many fae we've run into but I deffo remember demons.

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 19, 2016

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
E) Make a deal. We will feed him, yes, but he only eats what we say he can, and he doesn't harm us or things we say not to.

G) Try and soothe the magic in the plant.

K) Make the shells that work on Demons.

gently caress yes, Mr. Belvedere.

MURDER HOBO IN THE HOUSE!

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Hey you read this post!

LowellDND posted:

Kay, it looks like New Voting Method (Attempt 1) did not work. I shall explain better.

Ralith is introducing a bot counter which I really like (based on the mafia games). The requirements for it to count a vote are

Bolding

and the signifier ##vote.

Like so:

Now, the semicolons rank preference, while the commas show indifference. A; B means you want A more than B.
A, B means they are the same to you, while A, B; C would mean you dont care about A or B, as long as its ahead of C.

Obviously, Im lazy about actually writing lettered options. Thats okay! The bot is pretty smart, and can also read words.

Would show you want plan ark over polarity. (I didn't bold it cuz I didn't want the bot counting it.) Make sense?

edit: The bot is really flexible. If I were to actually offer letter options, and plan tran came up later, you could still combine them.

1. B; plan tran; c, d; a

So your votes should look like this:

##vote
1 A;B;C;D;E
2 F;G;H;I
3 Plan Ark;J;K

There can't be any empty lines in the vote block. :)
We are gonna try this voting method in this thread too! If people that have voted already be able to update their votes that would be swell!

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 19, 2016

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hell yeah!

##vote

1. A; C; D; B
2. G; F; H; I
3. K

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 19, 2016

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Hell yeah!

A
G
K

Heya you probably missed the post above yours, would you mind editting your vote a little?

Thank you everyone who editted your votes you are the best!

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 19, 2016

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
##vote
1 E;A
2 G
3 J

E per Puppies are dicks.

I don't know which choice is strictly better for 3, but I really like the idea of shotgunning some smug fae.

Ralith fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 19, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Did we get white washed during the hiatus? Just read through the old thread, seems like fun. I'll read rhe new update abd familiarize myself with the new posting ettiquete in a while.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Did we get white washed during the hiatus? Just read through the old thread, seems like fun. I'll read rhe new update abd familiarize myself with the new posting ettiquete in a while.

Yes we kinda did. That was the picture that won and then I chose the other picture anyway because I liked it more. Then I felt really bad about going against the vote. So I have fixed it. But I'm happy to change it back to the other photo if people prefer it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok edited

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Thanks dude!

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Thanks you Ettin for fixing my fuckup with the thread tag.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
##vote
1 D
2 G
3 K

Let's get to killing more demons so we can eat their hearts.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

##vote
1. A
2. G
3. K

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 20, 2016

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Mr. Nemo posted:

##vote
1. A
2.G

You need a space after the question numbers, or it's difficult to reliably tell what's part of a question's name and what's a vote option.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. A
2. G
3. K

Questions:
How can we get Hetty back into a body so her soul doesn't die?
Was Hetty our true love?
What was our beef with the Fae again?
Can we propose to Charlie? She has rad hair.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

##vote
1. A
2. G
3. K

Questions:
How can we get Hetty back into a body so her soul doesn't die?
Was Hetty our true love?
What was our beef with the Fae again?
Can we propose to Charlie? She has rad hair.

1. Can't, she is a jar lady from here on out.
2. Oh most definitely.
3. We met a guy who either was a fae or hosed faes and he was not nice.
4. No we can't, for our true love Hetty is literally on our person.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Jester Mcgee posted:

1. Can't, she is a jar lady from here on out.
2. Oh most definitely.
3. We met a guy who either was a fae or hosed faes and he was not nice.
4. No we can't, for our true love Hetty is literally on our person.

All correct! Though Charlie did say you can put a soul trap in a golem but its a hard thing to do.

Terry was the fae fucker he wasn't that bad was he? I wrote him to be Charlies wussy friend. Are you thinking of Doreen because God knows what he fucks!?

And hatty likes to watch.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Questions for Hatty

1: I know your name is Hatty and her name is Hetty, but are you named for the arsonistic, poison murder doll from Gunnerkreigg Court?
2: Do you think The Simpsons ever jumped the shark?
3: If I put a donut in the jar could you eat it?
4: What kind of donut do you want?

Questions for Eric

1: If I start getting holes in my brain how do I fill them?
2: Have you ever seen Ghost? Is there a way to bring Hatty back enough so we can gently caress make pottery?
3: What was the last movie you saw?
4: What is this creature in a bottle?

Questions for Creature

1: What is your name?
2: What are you again?

Question for Morgan, from Morgan

1: If Hatty possessed a male body would I be comfortable enough in my sexuality to be the little spoon?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

RandomPauI posted:

Questions for Hatty

1: I know your name is Hatty and her name is Hetty, but are you named for the arsonistic, poison murder doll from Gunnerkreigg Court?
2: Do you think The Simpsons ever jumped the shark?
3: If I put a donut in the jar could you eat it?
4: What kind of donut do you want?

You have 38 mins left on opening the soul trap? you sure you wanna ask these questions?

quote:

Questions for Eric

1: If I start getting holes in my brain how do I fill them?
2: Have you ever seen Ghost? Is there a way to bring Hatty back enough so we can gently caress make pottery?
3: What was the last movie you saw?
4: What is this creature in a bottle?

"If you get your brain eaten there is nothing anyone can do. Luckily if that happens you can just stop doing magic and there will be no new holes."

"I have seen lots of ghosts, I would of hoped by now you would've know that ghosts and souls are not the same thing. maybe I overestimated how quick you are picking this up? As for Elenne you might want to get her into a better soul trap.
But they are expensive. I have heard of soul traps commanding golems. But honestly when I am dead and resting in a soul trap I hope to be left in peace."

"Not a big fan of movies I find I often fall asleep" His face lights up "though I can show you want I am into." He leads you to a room just down the hall from the conservatory which is covered in shelves of records. In the center of the room is an old but very comfy looking chair and next to it is a very expensive looking record player and very expensive looking pair of headphones. "Music! girly it feeds the soul!"

(This was dependent on the vote but I think everyone has decided to keep the creature so I well answer this question.) You show Eric the bottle and ask what it is.
"Looks to be an Imp, girly. But looks can be deceiving! It is an other and like with any other you cannot tell its full range of abilities and weakness just by looking!"
"Be careful when dealing with others."

quote:

Questions for Creature

1: What is your name?
2: What are you again?

You look at the bottle, and see the face on the creature on the label. "what is your name?" you ask. The creature tilts its head to the side and then laughs a little but no sound comes from the bottle. "What are you?" you try. The creature mouths something at you, but you couldn't lip read before and you don't think anyone would be able to lip read that horrible mouth.

quote:

Question for Morgan, from Morgan

1: If Hatty possessed a male body would I be comfortable enough in my sexuality to be the little spoon?

No. Your last sexual experience didn't go so well and it might be a while before you can trust anyone to put there arms around you again. You are basically a walking bag of PTSD.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BoneMonkey posted:

You have 38 mins left on opening the soul trap? you sure you wanna ask these questions?

Not really. If no one objects and if Hatty is up for it I'd like to make small talk with her. What does she like to talk about? Dreams? Aspirations? Story ideas? Scratch that, it's a stupid idea. I'm caught up now.

Question for Eric:

What are your favorite albums?
Which Beatle was your favorite composer? I'm split between McCartney and Harrison.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 20, 2016

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Winners are 1 A) Accept this offer 2 G) Try and soothe the magic in the plant. 3 K) Make the shells that work on Demons.

Earlier

You give the creature a nod. “But you go back in the bottle.” The creature seems to accept this and walks back to where the smashed bottle landed.

The bottle reforms on the ground and the creature turns to mist and flows back into it. You pick it up and turn it around to look at the label. The Creature is still there. It looks... happier than before. You place the bindings back on the lid as best you can remember, trying to copy what Charlie did, and then you stuff the bottle back into your satchel. You whistle to Mr B and start making you way back to the manor.

Later

You can feel the plant withering and dying between your fingers. You focus again and extend yourself into the plant, you cup your… hands? no something else, around the plant and try to soothe the shaking. Something is noticing you. With a lot of care you gently correct the flow of magic. Something is looking for you. The decay stops but the plant has changed. Something has found you. You withdraw yourself from the plant. It is healthy again but it is also different. You have changed it in some way that you do not understand.

1. What do you do with the plant?
A Leave it, you have done enough already.
B Carefully dig it up and bring it back the the manor with you.
C Step on it and Kill it. God knows what you have created!
Something else? Plan yourname

Now

You are beginning to see a different side of Eric, as you look though his albums in his record room. He seems to prefer prog rock and blues, but he has a massive amount of music in all genres.

“What’s your Favorite?” you ask.

“Oh that's not a question I can answer. But I’m really liking the new Dream Theater album; The Astonishing.”

“Which Beatles was your favorite composer? I'm split between McCartney and Harrison.”
He looks at you puzzled, “I really didn’t figure you for a Beatles fan."

You shrug. “Its what I grew up on.”

“I like the Lennon/McCartney collabs the most. But it’s honestly been a while since I listened to anything by the Beatles. I like to keep my finger on the pulse of music."

The two of you spend the next few hours pouring over the music. He digs up some of his Beatles albums for you too listen too, two of which are very expensive first editions. His set up is amazing, you have never listened to anything like it. “It's the best equipment that the sleepers have made, top of the line stuff.” He said. “Of course I have, with a little help from a friend made certain adjustments. The headphones read your emotional state and the record player adjusts the music to fit. It will then slowly guide you to harmony. This is my own little Zen garden.”

Mrs Ennis walks in with a plate full of sandwiches and a pot of tea for the both of you. “Thank you Margret” Eric said.

She smiles “I knew the two of you would get along.” As she leaves Eric smiles.

He turns to you. “I'm sorry Morgan about what happened in the elevator. I didn't mean to set off you PTSD.” He pours you both some tea and you greedily fill you face with sandwiches. “You are a very scary woman. I have been inside your head and it's 50 shades of hosed up in there. Most people who suffer an unprepared awakening lose their sanity, yet you not only remained functional but you went toe to toe with a Dorag an other who is meant to paralyse you with fear with just it's aura. And then you ate it's heart, you are the first person crazy enough to do that, by the way.”

He pauses to drink his tea, you have been kind enough to leave him half a sandwich but you eye it hungrily. “I was once where you are. In my younger days. Strong and foolish, I was lead by powerful people to do terrible things.”

“What things?” You ask.

“Things I am not proud of. But things I don't regret. This is not a black and white world there is no good and evil, even demons only feed on us because they need too. But from that pit of violence I was able to carve out a place for myself. You must always be looking to do the same. I might be using you now, but I will always pay you well in return. While you work for me you won't want for tools or comfort. But be careful out there not everyone pays what the owe.”

He finishes his tea and turns off the record player. You have eaten the last sandwich. “Right then girly it's time to continue your training.”

He leads you outside to a large shed. Inside there is a workshop filled with all sorts of strange tools that make no sense to you. On many of the tools there is carved shapes or bindings made from different materials. The back wall is covered in jars filled with things you have never seen before.

“Right then Morgan, what you going up against next? Fae or the Demon?”

“Demon.” You said feeling confident after things with the ghost went so well.

“Right enough.” He grabs a few jars and starts mixing things in a mortar. He tries his best to explain the process as he is mixing and doing stuff you don’t understand with tools you don’t understand. But honestly most of it is going over your head. Looks like you going to have to do a lot of study again, you have flash backs to the drudgery of learning to be a medic in the army.

After he is finished he fills 6 shells using the the substance which has hardened into the small pellets that he rolled it into. He produces a belt which holds the shells he also puts in a couple of buckshot shells and 4 Rifled shells.

“The reason, we use 12 gauge shell rather than anything else is that most other will need a lot of stopping power. The reason I have given you a sawn off is because most others are big and fast. You are unlikely to get more than one shot off so you need to make your shot count.”

Strapped with your new equipment you both return to the house. “If you are going to be going up against a demon it's best you get studying. Go start learning girly.”

2. What book would you like to study?
A Power of the implement.
B The art of binding.
C Demons in the details.

Edited for terrible writing, ugh.

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 21, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

##vote
1. B
2. C

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 20, 2016

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
##vote
1 B
2 C

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

##vote
1 B
2 A

Let's go with A for 2. Power of the implement sounds like it will teach us more about our shotwand.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
##vote
1 B;A
2 C;B
- these seem much more likely to be immediately useful. We can study the others later when we're not immediately planning to fight a demon.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. B
2. C;A

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
##vote
1 B
2 C

He won't tell us his name, as that is a binding that would allow us more control. However, if we are learning more details on demons, the book about details might have info on him.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

##vote

1. B
2. C

So glad this is back.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
##vote
1.B
2.B

We seem to collect random pieces of magic junk a lot, should probably read up on what the hell it is we're actually doing.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

paragon1 posted:

##vote
1.B
2.B

We seem to collect random pieces of magic junk a lot, should probably read up on what the hell it is we're actually doing.

This is a feature! Stuff is cool! Magic is bloody everywhere once you can see it. Also everything in your bag does something cool. I'm surprised no one has worked them all out yet.

Update in a few hours after work. I won't be updating on Monday or Thursday as I have class in the evening (got 23 marks out of 24 for my English essay booyah). The rest of the week I should update unless I am busy.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

BoneMonkey posted:

This is a feature! Stuff is cool! Magic is bloody everywhere once you can see it. Also everything in your bag does something cool. I'm surprised no one has worked them all out yet.

Update in a few hours after work. I won't be updating on Monday or Thursday as I have class in the evening (got 23 marks out of 24 for my English essay booyah). The rest of the week I should update unless I am busy.

Ask music guy about the mirror, the pebbles and the magic stick.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

##vote
1 B;A
2 C;B

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Take the plant home and Read demons in the details are the winners

Earlier

quote:

“Have you ever heard of prions disease Girly?” He replies. You give him a puzzled look. “There was an epidemic in kuru, it was spread through the practice of cannibalism. Its an infection made out of protein which eats small holes in your brain turning it into a sponge.” He pauses for a moment. “Im telling you this because you did something very foolish out there. You did magic in your head. That will attract the attention of things out there that feed on the flow of magic and as they do so they will eat small holes in your brain. Now From what I felt and what my instruments tell me” he waves at the plants around him “What you did was to brief for those things to get attached to you. But from now on make sure there is always something between you and the magic you perform.”

“It was a plant, I was just curious. I’m not sure what I did to it but I changed it somehow. I brought it back with me. I wasn’t sure what to do.” You carefully produce the plant from your satchel and hand to it Eric.

“It’s wise that you brought it back here, leaving something changed by magic out there could have disastrous consequences.” He takes the flower from you and re-pots it. “I’ll keep an eye on it and see what you have done.”

“I’ve picked up some other stuff as well, would you might taking a look?” you ask. He shrugs and nods his head. You dig out the mirror, pegs and the stick that Hatty gave you from your satchel. He looks over the items and his eyes go wide at the stick. He picks it up.

“Looking at this inscription I would say this opens a portal when broken” he said “Looks like a portal into our world rather than out. I can’t tell you where the other end sits but I’m going to guess it isn’t pleasant. There isn’t a huge amount of juice in it. I doubt the portal well stay stable more than a few minutes.” Picking up the mirror he said “This creates an illusion of you. One you can talk through. This is only half of it though.” He puts it down I picks up the pegs. “I’m not to sure what to make of these, give me a moment.” He walks over to a small table under the tree in the conservatory and places the pegs upon it. He spends some time doing things you don’t understand all the while muttering to himself. After about 10 minutes he picks up the pegs places them on the ground and taps each peg with a small ring that he had placed on his index finger. The air between the two pegs harden. “It’s a shield” He said. He grabs a handful of dirt and throws it between the pegs, the dirt stops midair and falls to the ground. He taps the two pegs again and hands both them and the ring back to you.

Now

You snuggle up in a spare room with Demon in the details. Its an exhaustive book and it takes you a few days to get through, but with the help of a lot of note taking and questions to the Ennis couple you manage to struggle though. Some strong points that stand out to you are;

Demons do not lie. A demon can be very charming and personable but do not think for a moment that they think like us. They are true alien creatures.

If given your true name and an item once in your possession a demon will be able to find you anywhere.

A demon is mana negative, this is the defention of a demon, if an other is mana positive then it is not a demon no matter what it looks like or how it acts.

In being mana negative Demons enact some form of entropy to everything around them.

It is believed that the form and intellect of a demon is created as it cross over to our existences. While the true nature of a demon can not be destroyed this assumed nature can be unravelled leaving the core vulnerable to dissipation and banishment. How to unravel a demons’ assumed nature is different for each demon.

Finally when you feel ready, Eric calls his friends in House Harcourt to let them know that you plan to tackle their demon problem. An hour later a middle age woman drives up to the manor to come pick you up. “Agnes!” Eric cries and gives the woman a bear hug. “Its been too long!”

Agnes returns the hug, “How have you been Eric? you spend too much time holed up with your plants!”

“We’ve earned our rest here. I leave the politics to them better suited for it.”

“Still, you are missed in the city.” She turns to you, “So this is the ward crazy enough to try and fight a demon? You trying to get her killed?”

Eric Slaps you on the back “Funny enough no, well not anymore. The Lass is starting to grow on me. I do honestly think she has got it in her, she’s a mean one.”

“Yes, I’ve heard the stories. Is it true you ate a Durag’s heart?”

You nod and remove the bracelet for a moment so she could feel the effect of your aura. “My that is strong” she said, taking a step back. After you put the ring back on she said “Well we better get on, Demon isn’t gonna take care of itself” and opens the car door for you. Her faces wrinkles up as Mr B jumps into the car. You get in and Eric comes up to the car door. He hands you a cheap looking phone.

“Call me if you run into any problems girly. You’re biting off a lot here but I have faith in you.” With that he bangs on the roof, “Thanks Agnes! Drive safe.”

It takes a few hours to get where you are going Feel free to ask Agnes questions during this time. You can also ask questions about the book.

Shall write the next part of this update on friday, Have a maths test tomorrow, wish me luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Does the book have any details on specific manifestations of demons? Powers they might posses?

• Locked thread