Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Men shouldn't have the right to post anything that has anything to do with gender issues in GBS. There is never anything funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Let's all drop this pretense of dissimilarity and embrace the fact that we're all just one huge over-soul experiencing itself subjectively from a limited perspective; makes it a lot easier to honor the Golden Rule IMO.

as a goon i empathize with ikari shinji and reject Instrumentality

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
MRAs don't exist. It's not an actual thing. There has never been a whiny bitch boy acting like the expectations placed on him by society are unfair and besides, bitches, am I righ/t??

It's just a made up thing that The Left does to shout down anyone who is critical of giving money to sluts or whatever.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Agag posted:

And the regimes that subscribed to this view throughout history? The. Best.

A law that can't be enforced is not a law. Only the powerful can enforce the laws, therefore we all have rights only at the suffrage of the powerful.

So yeah, it's better for its citizens if a regime pretends it's not true.

But it is.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Ork of Fiction posted:

MRAs don't exist. It's not an actual thing. There has never been a whiny bitch boy acting like the expectations placed on him by society are unfair and besides, bitches, am I righ/t??

It's just a made up thing that The Left does to shout down anyone who is critical of giving money to sluts or whatever.

Yeah I've met these fucks in real life. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/men-s-rights-group-behind-sexual-assault-posters-1.1353362

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

SmokyWings posted:

This is very insightful. Thank you.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Applewhite posted:

A law that can't be enforced is not a law. Only the powerful can enforce the laws, therefore we all have rights only at the suffrage of the powerful.

So yeah, it's better for its citizens if a regime pretends it's not true.

But it is.

This world belongs to the strong, my brother. Let us hunt the mastodon together.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
if men want equal rights they're gonna get equal lefts

because I'm going to punch them with my fists, the equal lefts and rights are my arms swinging at their tiny little manlet bodies

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Agag posted:

This world belongs to the strong, my brother. Let us hunt the mastodon together.

Lol if you don't think the world always has, and always will belong to the strong.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Lol if you don't think the world always has, and always will belong to the strong.

Indeed. We see this played out in our own lives everyday.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Anyone want to go raid somebody and take their loot and booty?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

satanic splash-back posted:

Anyone want to go raid somebody and take their loot and booty?

I'm sated on prime cuts of meat, but I will send three of my hardiest slaves to join your chevauchee.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Agag posted:

Indeed. We see this played out in our own lives everyday.

I think I have just reflexively assumed you were being sarcastic this whole time but this statement is true on its face so I guess you're being sincere?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Applewhite posted:

I think I have just reflexively assumed you were being sarcastic this whole time but this statement is true on its face so I guess you're being sincere?

That's the forums cloak-and-dagger, goon sir. Its unknowable.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Business Gorillas posted:

the only right people should have is the right to practice Islam, the faith of Mohammed, PBUH

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Applewhite posted:

Lol if you don't think the world always has, and always will belong to the conniving, the faithless, and the inheritors.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

because we are barely sentient beasts who must penetrate as a fish must swim.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
No fat chix.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

The Sphinxster posted:

gender issues

lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lot of misandry itt

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Volume posted:

Lot of misandry itt

It's a real problem, misandry. Because it's mostly done by chicks, and chicks aren't funny, so it's way boring.

Nice cafe press mug, Sally! Oh it has words on it? Hmmmm.... *sips from a mug shaped like a pair of titties, instantly blowing away some mean-spirited little words w/ the power of objectification which spans across millennia*

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

tuyop posted:

Every reasonable human is a feminist whether they admit it or not. One of feminism's great successes is the normalizing of feminist ideas like equal pay for equal work and universal suffrage. Nobody is arguing that you should make more bux cause of your dilz, and nobody thinks women shouldn't be able to vote or should be legally considered property. It's actually very cool and good and I love the feeble misogynism of the straw feminazi that only rarely succeeds at just dividing women from discussing their issues.

You can't really define people into a movement. Saying that because people believe in equality that makes them a feminist patently ignores the ideological and cultural baggage that comes with it.

Like people who don't believe in god or whatever, but don't identify as atheist because identifiable atheists are are a bunch of embarrasing faggots.

DenizenKane fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 20, 2016

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Ork of Fiction posted:

It's a real problem, misandry. Because it's mostly done by chicks, and chicks aren't funny, so it's way boring.

Nice cafe press mug, Sally! Oh it has words on it? Hmmmm.... *sipsfrom a mug shaped like a pair of titties, instantly blowing away some mean-spirited little words w/ the power of objectification which spans across millennia*

Lot of male feminists allies ITT.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

i'm for men's lefts, myself

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Personally, I think that every human being, regardless of gender, sex, race or creed should be ground into dogfood by robotic superintelligences.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

with the understood conversion rate it takes three rights to make a left, so consider cashing in any lefts you might have op. hope this helps.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

tuyop posted:

Nah, feminism is about all the bad things that happen to humans because of patriarchy/the gender order/sexism/whatever the gently caress.

The feelings most men have about wearing a dress as a man, for instance, are bad and oppressive for no good reason. Women are just much more subjugated than men on a substantive level, rather than the normative level that subjugates everyone as well as women. It's pretty straightforward to fix the substantive things (e.g., votes). It's really hard to fix the normative things because the oppression is within, yo. We should also probably prioritize substantive stuff. Like, not being able to wear a dress and be taken seriously by yourself or others is obviously not as high order of a problem as receiving lovely wages just because you have lady parts.

I'm pretty sure the wage gap is a normative issue as well.

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

google THIS posted:

amazing as this may sound, men already have rights and those rights aren't under attack from any real credible source that has any likelihood of succeeding

MRAs are generally people who can't tell the difference between rights and unfair advantages, and they fight almost exclusively to preserve the latter

hth

Amazing as this may sound, we are actually all slowly losing more of our rights. All of us. Collectively.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
MRA is a small vocal group of idiots who are very angry about another small vocal group of idiots

it just happens to be that they're different genders

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Ahundredbux posted:

MRA is a small vocal group of idiots who are very angry about another small vocal group of idiots

it just happens to be that they're different genders

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
there's only one gender: gay

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
As a man I feel like we should all be killed, thanks.

And by 'all' I mean every person, regardless of gender.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Give me my rights back, you rights thiefs. Only i may have rights

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The thing I find odd is that a lot of the people who fight for women and trans and gay rights are the ones who are against men having rights

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Being a man owns just fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

vyst posted:

Being a man owns just fyi

No, we own others. Thus the power of men.

• Locked thread