Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
I'm into really atmospheric movies, but hate jump scares so I try to avoid horror movies. For everyone who's seen this, are there a lot of jump scares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Essentially none, there are a couple startling moments (abrupt wood-chopping, surprise animal attack) but nothing scary pops into frame.

I'm so sorry to spoil the movie for myself like this, but are there at least musical cues so I know that it's going to suddenly turn really really loud? That's what gets me, and I feel like my heart's going to explode.

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
Yeah I got around to seeing it today and loved it. Everything hit just as it was supposed to for me. Aside from a few scenes where it'd cut to black and suddenly be on the goat's face, which were a little absurd.

• Locked thread