Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

I thought I saw what appeared to be a very fat Pat militich failing to shake cerrone's hand after the fight. But he was in blue jeans so I don't know if he was associated with either cowboy or just got lost on his way to the buffet

That was Pederneiras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

fatherdog posted:

Cerrone has a really good ground game when he actually uses it, this shouldn't shock anyone

it's not that I don't respect his ground game it just happened really fast and I guess I assumed he would go for an arm or gnp once he moved to mount. shows what I know really cause he got the arm trapped and everything, it was a really nice choke and Oliveira tapped immediately

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Were any of the fights worth watching?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That was Pederneiras

Jesus

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Did Cerone have the piece of flag on his shorts? He said last fight he was going to keep wearing it no matter what. I guess money matters more.

About a week ago he did a total mea culpa, still said he didn't expect the fine would be that high, but that it was totally his fault.

I assume the UFC quietly told him that if he would say the right things to make this poo poo go away and conform with the uniform policy in future fights, they would quietly give him his money back in locker room bonuses.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That was Pederneiras

I thought he said he was retiring from coaching and cornering guys last year.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Murphy/Fasholz deservedly got FOTN. Cerrone and Camozzi got the POTN bonuses.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Wise Learned Man posted:

I thought he said he was retiring from coaching and cornering guys last year.

Yeah he still keeps showing up to fights though.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Cerrone is such a good fighter. If he had the mental aspect down he'd be a belt holder imo.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

Cerrone is such a good fighter. If he had the mental aspect down he'd be a belt holder imo.

The mental aspect of fighting won't make cerrone better at not getting hit in the liver

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i don't think i'd call someone who would fight literally anyone on no notice with a broken rib if need be mentally unsuited to fighting

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ewar Woowar posted:

lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I liked the recent interview where he said something like "I'd probably take body shots better if I didn't drink all the time but gently caress that, life is for living".

JKong
Sep 11, 2003

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That was Pederneiras

Didn't see Pederneiras, but I did see Oliveira's manager Alex Davis get shunned at shaking hands.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Pennsylvania Athletic Commission says they are actually really good and not bad at all. http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/22/11087526/psac-executive-director-greg-sirb-comments-on-evans-smith-vs-reneau-decision-ufc-mma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

MysteryNad posted:

*joe riggs opens his mouth and out comes the voice of hans moleman*
"mma has ruined my life, i'm only 33 years old..."

let's never talk about this card or this thread ever again

• Locked thread