Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
I strongly suspect that most of the natural phenomena of our planet are related to the formation of plasmoids. The scientific community still doesn't know for sure what plasmoids are, but everywhere one finds an unexplained phenomenon they seem to appear. It's been suspected for some time now that ball lightning, for example, is related to the formation of tornadoes and other vortex-like weather events. Many eyewitness accounts corroborate that glowing lights similar to plasmas appear to radiate from the center of tornadoes. There are a whole host of videos on YouTube showing ball-lightning, another phenomenon, moving around in the sky during the formation of funnel clouds (the variety that generally produces tornadoes). Even the occurrence of earthquakes seem to coincide with plasma formations. "Earthquake lights" are often observed prior to seismic disturbances in the areas where the events unfold.

Several of the "doomed" corners of the World Ocean are areas in which a great deal of plasmoid activity has been observed. The so-called Bermuda Triangle off the coast of Cuba and Florida is perhaps the most famous example. When Christopher Columbus attempted to navigate this stretch of the Atlantic he noted that his compass behaved erratically and that he and his men had observed large balls of light shooting down from the sky at monstrous speeds. We all know there's a long history of ships mysteriously disappearing in this area.

The unexplained phenomena referred to as "The Hum" may also have something to do with plasmoid formations in the sky. The Hum is a strange noise that was originally reported in northern Europe during the 1970s, but it has since spread across the Atlantic to Canada, the US, and even as far south as Chile. Descriptions of the sound are varied, but it can range from a slight "screech" to a loud series of "booms" or a constant "roaring" noise that sounds as if it were synthesized electronically. This noise is being reported with increasing frequency and I personally believe this might have something to do with man-made climate change. As o-zone depletion and the greenhouse gas effect continue to take their toll on the planet, one of the effects has been an increase in the incidence of exposure to previously unforeseen levels of cosmic radiation (particularly cosmic rays). I was struck in January by one of these radioactive rays that was of a particularly high energy while I was digging a grave in Borrego Springs. Without going into too great a detail, the glowing lights I seemed to witness match the reports associated with the previously described phenomena. I otherwise feel normal as far as I can tell, but I was unaware of what plasmoids were at the time of the strike. I only came to understand what I'd experienced through Internet research, so I hope to have a discussion if anyone else is interested or willing to discuss an experience they've had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's unexplained why you expect me to read that

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I had plasmoids they were really painful

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

personally i'm confused about the general existence of

- lakes
- tumbleweeds
- hail
- birds

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I would say how bees fly but I think this is very thoroughly addressed in academy award best picture winner Bee Movie.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

why is the sky sometimes clear, but other times it is cloudy? no one knows

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday
so is borrego springs your usual grave digging spot or do you just mix it up or what op

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
females

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OMG, they didn't tell me. What's oozing out of the ground to create this unnatural thing called a rainbow?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Tom Gorman posted:

- lakes
- tumbleweeds
- hail
- birds

lakes were formed by glaciers melting.

hail is frozen water raining from the cause cause its cold.

tumbleweeds are aliens that escaped from a prison from space that are voracious eaters and will leap onto you and devour you so call space bounty hunters if you see them.

birds? No fuckin idea whats goin on there. God help us.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMEFwLmzhzY

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
why the long text

Aug 4, 2010

truth is out there brother keep looking

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I want to believe, OP

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tom Gorman posted:

- lakes
- tumbleweeds
- hail
- birds

Those are easy. It's islands I don't get. They're like made of rocks and dirt and stuff, but they float in the ocean? So weird!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
why do we fart, AND burp?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
i came here to make an outdated joke about magnets but there's a lot of words in that op. i will read it but first i'm going to post about it and then i'm gonna pee. brb

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Im triping out on cough syrup and a fever seems pretty phornomenalas I look at this wood paneling on my wall someone write a SCP about wood paneling on walls

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Listening to this in the background makes OPs post more readable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

FrankieGoes posted:

Those are easy. It's islands I don't get. They're like made of rocks and dirt and stuff, but they float in the ocean? So weird!

What's really gonna bake your noodle is when you begin ask: How did the native Hawaiian people get there?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
OP are you thinking of the static electricity phenomenon known as St. Elmo's Fire?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
why was GBS a serious forum 2½ years ago and now it's all shitposters? any theories OP?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
ok my roommate is using the bathroom so i had to change plans on the fly and read the op.

are plasmoids like mothmen? because this reminds me of the mothman prophecies, where the guy said, that like ufos in paintings of jesus, people who believe in ufos think the ancient people thought they were angels, but broadly they needn't be aliens or angels, they're just all the same thing that we don't know what it is.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

gently caress nasa. don't believe their lies

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ghostter posted:

gently caress nasa. don't believe their lies

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

why was GBS a serious forum 2½ years ago and now it's all shitposters? any theories OP?

Old GBS was so loving bad dude even if you are a right thinking progressive humanist it was so loving tiring having fifteen megathreads about retards repeatedly posting how they were having sympathetic emotional seizures over a woman getting slighted

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cubone posted:

ok my roommate is using the bathroom so i had to change plans on the fly and read the op.

are plasmoids like mothmen? because this reminds me of the mothman prophecies, where the guy said, that like ufos in paintings of jesus, people who believe in ufos think the ancient people thought they were angels, but broadly they needn't be aliens or angels, they're just all the same thing that we don't know what it is.

That was a legit good movie

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i saw a ufo last night

there was a large dark object with lights on it just hanging in the sky, it tried to speak to me in what i believe was the language of their people "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
*A rape case is mishandled* "Seven paragraphs about how my bones are disintegrating from the injustice and I'm now a puddle of socially aware violated muck."

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Shaquin posted:

Old GBS was so loving bad dude even if you are a right thinking progressive humanist it was so loving tiring having fifteen megathreads about retards repeatedly posting how they were having sympathetic emotional seizures over a woman getting slighted
seizures -> shock -> bioshock -> plasmids -> plasmoids

i think you're onto something

Cubone
May 26, 2011

The Bananana posted:

That was a legit good movie

i was talking about the book but yeah. the bridge scene is off the chain

i think people don't like richard gere because he was naked in a movie one time, and their wives wanted to gently caress him because of Pretty Woman, and that kind of cast a shadow on the movie but now that he's not famous anymore it's like what was the big deal

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cubone posted:

i was talking about the book but yeah. the bridge scene is off the chain

i think people don't like richard gere because he was naked in a movie one time, and their wives wanted to gently caress him because of Pretty Woman, and that kind of cast a shadow on the movie but now that he's not famous anymore it's like what was the big deal

Who -- the gently caress -- doesn't like Richard "Runaway Bride" Gere?!

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Richard gere freaks me out because i watched looking for mr goodbar. Probably related to how dinosaurs transformed into birds so we wouldn't suspect them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i watched dr t and the women once and it made me a howling misogynist for about a day. i dont really get how anyone could watch that and not utterly despise all women for a while.

so basically i guess i would like an explanation for richard gere phenomena?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

we never found out who or whom killed Kennedy, so that's something we should look into asap

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
How me a goon get my dick sucked?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Germstore posted:

How me a goon get my dick sucked?

Ya gotta do it louie ck style use your caustic sense of humor and self deprecation to convince someone it would be a good idea to suck your dick despite being a regular looking man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

- lakes
- tumbleweeds
- hail
- birds

http://youtu.be/Kh0Y2hVe_bw

• Locked thread