Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Ablative posted:

I'd just like to say that I love the fact that this crew's idea of post-death world therapy is spending a week on a pleasure world getting absolutely loving pissed, then going back to the ship, ramming the nearest other ship with intent to board, and then ransoming the other ship's Navigators.

Only in a Grey Hunter game :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

JT Jag posted:

I was sold the moment I heard Saint's Row In Space.

Then our nameless captain wouldn't let me spend house money on stripper poles :((

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

Then our nameless captain wouldn't let me spend house money on stripper poles :((

Solid gold stripper poles, those are too soft, it wouldn't work, we need some like, more expensive poles.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Did I actually say SOLID gold, or did I just say Gold?

Or of course, that solid gold can still be ALLOYED Gold stripper poles.

That would be pure gold.

Alternative: What would an ORK know about stripper poles? I only didnt ask at Footfall because I keep forgetting to bookmark the aquisitions table.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Ygmir posted:

Solid gold stripper poles, those are too soft, it wouldn't work, we need some like, more expensive poles.

Depleted uranium stripper poles :getin:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Stripper poles made of solid cocaine.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

That would cause more problems than it would be worth.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

For one, cocaine is even softer than pure gold.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Ski slopes of cocaine with strippers :colbert:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Ablative posted:

I'd just like to say that I love the fact that this crew's idea of post-death world therapy is spending a week on a pleasure world getting absolutely loving pissed, then going back to the ship, ramming the nearest other ship with intent to board, and then ransoming the other ship's Navigators.

For a crew trying to, or which should be trying to stay under the radar on account of being composed mostly of heretics, xenos and mutants, they are rather easy to notice. Like, even by rogue trader standards, I mean.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
It's so tempting to just roll out the inquisition, but I'm restraining myself.

I have some nasty things planned for them though.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

No doubt, but do keep in mind that Inquisitors are extremely rare, especially in the Expanse, and those that are here have very little to draw on so far from their seat of power.

They're in our house and we haven't broken our Warrant- especially given the (shaky) alliance(ish) between the Tau and the Imperium! :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Veloxyll posted:

For one, cocaine is even softer than pure gold.
Use some sort of magnetic field to keep the powder in a solid pole shape.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Use some sort of magnetic field a bound daemonhost to keep the powder in a solid pole shape.

:colbert:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Hey.

The Lord-Captain may be a Xenos-loving pirate. His seneschal may be a conniving, backstabbing charlatan. The techpriest may be the mutant product of tech-heresy, and a renegade psyker to boot.

But we do not convene with the Ruinous Powers.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

"We will engage in every kind of heresy except for Chaos heresy" - last words of the Unyielding Sword's captain before being executed by the Ordos Xenos.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo5ro1nWsPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyb_4IhQ96k

These I feel are relevant to the thread and the campaign.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Snark posted:

"We will engage in every kind of heresy except for Chaos heresy" - last words of the Unyielding Sword's captain before being executed by the Ordos Xenos.

Pfft, we're a Rogue Trader crew, we're allowed to deal directly* with xenos!** :v:

*To an intentionally vague degree.
**Depending upon the Warrant of Trade.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 18, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Ok. This is my new favorite channel :allears:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pywjdJ7P-7o

"Wardian Powerarmour" :laugh:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Remi has committed exactly no heresy so far. :colbert:

It's just that every thing there is to do with his very existence is very heretical, on multiple levels.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Karl is in fact the best.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
"I have never once been heretical. That implies I believed in the first place." - Lars the Mad

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I'm not quite sure that this is how the Imperium works when it comes to heresy.

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

"Look, my warrant explicitly states that I can associate with whoever the gently caress I want, and liberate whatever ships I want. There's simply nothing you can do about it, it was signed by The Emperor himself, more than 10 millennia ago and if you have an issue with that, you can take it up with the my fanatically loyal army." - The Boss

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

That last video made me do an actual, literal spit-take, I was laughing so hard.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Warhammer 40k the Musical by this Karl guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLFxUO3AdwmnXoaGMfvZahdagQFgJ3Cnt2&params=OAFIAVgO&v=ltf6jaU9Ioc&mode=NORMAL

:allears:

I can't get enough of this. His dramas are weird, wacky and juvenile but very well written. It's like if a five year old had the skill of adult animator. As if Axe Cop and Red vs Blue had a Chaos baby.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Ablative posted:

Hey.

The Lord-Captain may be a Xenos-loving pirate. His seneschal may be a conniving, backstabbing charlatan. The techpriest may be the mutant product of tech-heresy, and a renegade psyker to boot.

But we do not convene with the Ruinous Powers.

If your seneschal isn't a conniving, backstabbing charlatan, what is he actually there for?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
That's a good point. If your seneschal appears to be on the level, then it means you're probably the one they're trying to screw over.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

YeOldeButchere posted:

That's a good point. If your seneschal appears to be on the level, then it means you're probably the one they're trying to screw over.

Note that this applies to both of our seneschals! :v:

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

I just assume everything out of his mouth is an attempt to swindle me.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ygmir posted:

I just assume everything out of his mouth is an attempt to swindle me.

What about me?

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

I assume everything out of your mouth is an attempt to further Tau gains, sell me Tau gear, or offer military advice, at which point I tell you to do the thing in an authoritative manner so that you do better at it than you would otherwise.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Is anyone else concerned about the relationship between the Captain and the Tau

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I'm not.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Yes.

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Why should I be concerned about my relationship with the Tau, they gave me a good soldier, are giving us a bunch of tools, and are sending over some technicians to supplement the Mechanicus, they seem perfectly trustworthy to me.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ygmir posted:

Why should I be concerned about my relationship with the Tau, they gave me a good soldier, are giving us a bunch of tools, and are sending over some technicians to supplement the Mechanicus, they seem perfectly trustworthy to me.

We are! We genuinely have your best interests in mind and at heart.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Since apparently we have 1k xp judging by my character sheet.

Dodge 200
Sound Constitution 200

and now the other half of my level.

Drive (Ground Vehicle) 200
Forbidden Lore (Xenos) 200
Sound Constitution 200

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 7, 2016

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

This week: SKULLS!!!

Also a fight or something. If you're into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Also rambling!

• Locked thread