Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I remember not liking the microsoft points much because the numbers always felt off to me. Like I think it was $10 to buy 800 MS points. Ultimately it made it seem like stuff you were buying was actually cheaper than it really was.

But I did somehow get scammed through xbox live once. Somehow someone got ahold of my credit card information through xbox live and bought a bunch of Fifa cards and poo poo with it. Had to call Microsoft and my bank and I eventually got a refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I never ran into any MLM stuff until my friend got suckered into it. She was kind of messed up mentally but I didn't hang out with her much so I sat through one of her meetings for herbalife. Those people were downright cult like in their dedication to herbalife. They didn't try too hard to recruit me, but I was trying to tell my friend how much of a scam it was but she didn't listen. Ultimately, I think she gave up with it after about a month, thank goodness.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It's pretty easy to spill gas if you aren't paying close attention. You can put the nozzle into the car wrong; even if you're just a little off this can do it. You can have a car where the door covering the gas cap is on a spring, and you wedge it open at first but then it snaps closed and sends the nozzle flying out onto the ground. Some part of your car can be screwed up so it doesn't trigger the auto-shutoff part of the pump/nozzle. You can even pull the nozzle out of the car with your grip around the trigger, and spray gas as it comes out because you squeezed down on it. Or you can "top off the tank" after the shutoff clicks, which doesn't actually top off the tank but instead starts filling up the line that runs from the tank up to the opening.

Source: I worked in a gas station for a zillion hours in high school. We had a big barrel of this special material we used when people spilled fuel onto the ground. It looked kind of like pebbles for a fish tank, or some of those fancy salts that are opaque and kind of pink-colored. This was applied to the spill by using an old bottle of wiper fluid someone had cut the bottom off of (to make a scoop), so you would scoop up some of the stuff out of the barrel and go put it on the spill. It was really absorbent so usually just a few sprinkles would cover the liquid, and when it was nice out you could let the mixture sit there for a bit and then scrape it into a dustpan and dispose of it.

This didn't matter during the biggest spill I had to deal with, though. I remember once in the winter when some lady I'd never seen before (small town, knew everybody) spilled just a ridiculous amount of gas outside. I don't know the volume, but it created an area about ten feet in diameter of varying gasoline-ness. This happened after that point during winter where the snow has become a permanent fixture on the ground around the pumps, and this mixes with all the dirt on tires and people's shoes, so her spill created this sort of liquid minefield of little puddles and glazes on top of and in ruts and hills within the snowmuck. So I'm carrying scoop after scoop of the solidifier out there, it's cold as poo poo, and when I'm done I can't even clean it up because it's all mixed in with the shitsnow. The kicker is that everyone else coming to get gas after her now steps on the snow-dirt-gaspebble stew, and tracks it into the store. Good thing I was a master mopper :haw:

That solidifier stuff also worked on puke, which is something I'm sure you were all wondering. Bright and early one summer morning I watched as a dad and his son were walking to the front door of the store, and the kid is clearly dry-heaving. So his dad says "well just puke it up", and the kid proceeds to yak out this delightful orange goo directly in front of the single door into the convenience store. They come inside, buy their snacks or whatever, and leave. At no point does the dad have the kid go into the bathroom to rinse out his mouth, nor does he inform me that there's a glob of liquid Apple Jacks and stomach acid directly in the way of everyone trying to enter the store. The gas chips worked on it though :ms:

e: wow this post turned into some pretty gbs poo poo

We use something like that stuff in the hospital. We basically pour it into the suction container when we are done with it before it goes into the biohazard bin. Although the stuff we use looks nothing like kitty litter.