Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dude has a pencil neck and 2 chins. and probably brain damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gurney
Feb 17, 2016

by Shine

OctoberBlues posted:

It's very upsetting to me that you have not included pictures.

Here you go.

http://imgur.com/D59IEyC

Need a stand of some sort...

gurney fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 22, 2016

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

gurney posted:

I sit across the room from it (about 6 feet away) on a desk. My internet usage and pc gaming enjoyment has increased by a considerable amount.

I can't wait to even go bigger in a few years and buy a 70 inch 4k OLED tv for the same purpose when they drop in price considerably.

lol at spergy nerds who complain about "input lag." That poo poo is measured in milliseconds, 1/1000 of a second...most normal people will not notice the difference between 50 ms input lag and 5ms.

Could not agree more. gently caress a desk. I'm old.

gurney
Feb 17, 2016

by Shine
One thing -- I don't have cable television, and I bought a digital antenna from Amazon. I cannot pick up some channels like ABC.

I want to watch the Oscars next Sunday and I don't know what to do.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

gurney posted:

One thing -- I don't have cable television, and I bought a digital antenna from Amazon. I cannot pick up some channels like ABC.

I want to watch the Oscars next Sunday and I don't know what to do.

Go to a bar and ask the tender to put the show on.

gurney
Feb 17, 2016

by Shine

notZaar posted:

Go to a bar and ask the tender to put the show on.

You mean go outside? :rolleyes:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Get yourself a Logitech K400r keyboard for maximum couch posting. I only ever sit at my desk to play certain games now.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 22, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

gurney posted:

There is beer.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

gurney posted:

If you keep the car in a garage you could theoretically make it to the bar while spending less than 60 seconds out of doors.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've been posting and gaming on this bad boy on the left for pretty close to 10 years now. I have a newer, better monitor on the right, but I use it as the second screen and usually have it turned off.

Get hosed PC tards

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/monitors/lg-L192WS-lcd-monitor

>:sweep:>

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Sad little youngsters. I use an IMAX screen as my monitor. It's good enough for word processing and such, but I was hoping for a bit more resolution when it comes to gaming graphics.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that sounds stupid op

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

genesplicer posted:

Sad little youngsters. I use an IMAX screen as my monitor. It's good enough for word processing and such, but I was hoping for a bit more resolution when it comes to gaming graphics.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

lol just lol at how bad the input lag must be

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

genesplicer posted:

Do you still need bifocals for this?

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

EvilJoven posted:

Get yourself a Logitech K400r keyboard for maximum couch posting. I only ever sit at my desk to play certain games now.

You know, the K400 is good for looking nice, being small, and cheap. And being less of a functional compromise than most smaller HTPC keyboards. That's about it.

The lack of physically-separate arrow keys, along with the horrendous mess of the 6-key editing block plus tiny right shift key make this a poor choice for typing anything. Also the omission of Pause/Break means no shortcut to System Properties for you! And the tightly packed letter keys bring new meaning to PAIN for FPS gaming. Get the bliss of hitting the wrong key over and over again :D

Then the function keys combined with the media keys make for such a mess. It means useful keyboard combinations like Alt-F4 and F5 to refresh are just not available, not to mention the slew of games that make use of these keys for things like quick saves. And you can make the F keys the default through their software, but then you have to go find the tiny Function key every loving time you want to change to the next track......gently caress!

Did I mention there's no loving number pad?

After I found myself using my desktop anytime I needed to type poo poo in, I just said gently caress it and bought a full-sized wireless keyboard.

So the K400 is for people who don't do much of anything with their HTPC. No wonder it's so popular :D

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 22, 2016

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

VendaGoat posted:

Do you still need bifocals for this?

Well, just a bit.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

genesplicer posted:

Well, just a bit.

This is all of our futures.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I use this for my HTPC and it's a hell of a lot nicer than having some huge full size keyboard around. Not like I'm typing much more than searches or URLs.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Who needs a HTPC when Roku exists?

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
i have a 30' 1440p + 24' 1200p setup AND run a hdmi cable to my 50' tv and i can play games from my couch with an xbox controller

checkmate??

i also have a ps2 ps3 and ps4 hooked up to that tv

owns

e: its a student dorm. so i can play from my chair, couch OR my loving bed

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Skilleddk posted:

i have a 30' 1440p + 24' 1200p setup AND run a hdmi cable to my 50' tv and i can play games from my couch with an xbox controller

checkmate??

owns

how do you have any time to play games with all the sex you're having in that dorm room?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Skilleddk posted:

checkmate??

owns

Throw all your playstations in the garbage and get a nintendo like a real man.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
My 10 year old plasma is still going strong. It will never die!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
here s me an my rig

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
most modern tv's can do sub sampling correctly now so at least it doesnt look like actual complete dogshit anymore

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
At least two monitors or go home!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E P C M A S T E R R A C E

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i go outside the world is my screen and my friends r the vieo games h ah a go outside and love ur fellow mangoons the nintendo was u all along

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

gurney posted:

most normal people will not notice the difference between 50 ms input lag and 5ms.

so scrubs you mean

what you're saying is you're a garbage scrub

45ms is life and death in starcraft

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Skilleddk posted:

checkmate??

owns

Should have used that cash to move out of the dorms.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
you have a 30" AND a 24" AND a 50" TV in your DORM ROOM

lol buddy

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Skilleddk posted:

checkmate??

owns

Okay but how many Pink Floyd/Grateful Dead posters do you have?

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

FishionMailed posted:

you have a 30" AND a 24" AND a 50" TV in your DORM ROOM

lol buddy

gotta keep yourself entertained when you have no friends

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smoking_Dragon posted:

At least two monitors or go home!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
you are finally happy? i'm amazed and glad, i didn't know a material chang ewould do it but there it is.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

BigBoss posted:

My 10 year old plasma is still going strong. It will never die!

literally same.

panasonic? i have a 42 inch panasonic and its cool and good and i only get slight heatstroke when its on.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

gurney posted:

I sit across the room from it (about 6 feet away) behind a desk. My internet usage and pc gaming enjoyment has increased by a considerable amount.

I can't wait to even go bigger in a few years and buy a 70 inch 4k OLED tv for the same purpose when they drop in price considerably.

lol at spergy nerds who complain about "input lag." That poo poo is measured in milliseconds, 1/1000 of a second...most normal people will not notice the difference between 50 ms input lag and 5ms.

Same here op. Makes netflixin/gta pretty great :cheers:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Play Mount and Blade on there and get hekka sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

literally same.

panasonic? i have a 42 inch panasonic and its cool and good and i only get slight heatstroke when its on.

I've got a 50" Panasonic plasma that's prob 6 years old. It will never leave its place on the TV stand because I literally can't move it.

• Locked thread