Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Just went through the whole thread. Blown away by your tragedy and going through it. I cant say much beyond anything that anyone else has said, but.. Try and spend some more time with your kid. For a variety of reasons. Has she seen her mother at all, or do you think that wouldn't be good for a kid to see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

I dont know what its like to come from significant brain injury during adulthood. As someone whose tried to kill themselves before and have leveled out and am thankful they are alive,

If I was your wife, even if I had some capabilities, and even if I wasn't the same person you married, id be thankful you were there.

Before I asked about the toil on you and your kids (I think)... I suppose I wouldn't blame or hate you for trying. Maybe itd be hard initially. But I think what you are doing is a GOOD thing and a lot of people dont do that. Clearly this is hard for you and everyone involved. Especially for you. But I deeply respect your decision to do a GOOD thing even if it's not the right thing emotionally/financially.

maybe if your wife has words she'll say she hates you for dragging her into this, but a part me believes its a gift that she can maybe see her kid one more day or taste lovely jello.

We can never guess what another person wants without communication and unfortunately she's lost that ability due to the injury.

Even if maybe one day she disagrees with your choice I can say I would want try as much you did, especially considering you've thought that she might be a different person later. Despite all the unknowns, and despite the fact I'm a stranger I think you did a good thing, even if it wasn't the right or easy thing.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

The brain trauma was during childhood.

;) but this is about a man supporting his wife during adult hood trauma.

And these things are very different. Goonspeed.

• Locked thread