Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Inside Ring of Honor hostess Mandy Leon rules

so does Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

future ROH booker Mandy Leon, mind you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Not in the US and I don't have a Smart TV so I'm assuming there's no way to actually get this PPV and actually be able to watch it live on my tv? :smith:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Not in the US and I don't have a Smart TV so I'm assuming there's no way to actually get this PPV and actually be able to watch it live on my tv? :smith:

You can order the iPPV via the website and watch it on your TV via HDMI cables like I'll do.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

future ROH booker Mandy Leon, mind you.

banging the booker is not her job

technically

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

sling it your pc with flipps or something

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

You can order the iPPV via the website and watch it on your TV via HDMI cables like I'll do.

Oh okay, I had heard they weren't doing iPPV. Sweet!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

No GDT was up yet and I know MRT"s a lot busier now with his new job so I put one up here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765980

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
is truth martini ok?!?!?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

is truth martini ok?!?!?

He got "stretchered" out on the timekeepers table. Doesn't look good.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Dave on Truth:

twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/703808451755974656

Sigma fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 28, 2016

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Very good TV taping. Multiple HMs and possible MOTYCs. Be sure to catch these episodes.

The Truth thing was hilarious and I don't know how people thought it was real. Maybe they were further away, but I was right near him and he kept yelling out a bunch of gibberish and jokes while being shoved onto a table.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

from what i can tell a bunch of people who went to the show tweeted "rip truth" and then people took that to mean he was actually paralyzed by a big boot > comedy sell

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MagicCube posted:

Very good TV taping. Multiple HMs and possible MOTYCs. Be sure to catch these episodes.

The Truth thing was hilarious and I don't know how people thought it was real. Maybe they were further away, but I was right near him and he kept yelling out a bunch of gibberish and jokes while being shoved onto a table.

put spoilers for the spoiler thread please?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I dont think i ever want Jay to lose the belt.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Truth Martini will be sharing a hospital room with Roman Reigns for all eternity :rip:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

this weeks ROHtv ep was very good and you should watch it. The Boys vs Silas/BCB, and Adam Cole vs Sydel were both really good. The Top Prospect semifinal matches all had dudes bumping like idiots and getting dropped on their heads for your amusement. out of the two matches, Punisher Martinez vs Lio Rush is everything you like about pro wrestling in a neat little enjoyable match.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RaceyBucket posted:

I dont think i ever want Jay to lose the belt.

Neither does Jay.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Jays right and I hope he politics his way to a Samoa joe length reign.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

good on lethal at least someone is looking out for themselves

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Recovering from Iron Maiden in Vegas last night. Trying to process the last 48hrs, what a trip.

Tanahashi, Goto and Ishii all reopened a signing table in between episodes 2 and 3. They each signed my NJPW baseball t-shirt which I'll have to frame I think. I skipped out on the pre show signings because I was star struck and it looked VERY ackward standing in line in front of other wrestlers you aren't paying to meet. Not my deal. Otherwise I could have had Okada and Kushida sign it too. Oh well.

Matches were amazing. Crowd was great. New set is sick. Lots of smoke and lights. Loved it. Had the best seats in the house. Center bleacher two seats above ring level with the hard cam directly over my head so evey time someone would pose or emote to the TV, it was as if they were looking right at me. Unreal.

For my first ROH show ever and being such a huge NJPW fan, I'm not sure it can get much better.

Demtor fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 29, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not sure if last weekend was his start date but it was the first I heard of it but Christopher Daniels has been given the role of Assistant Booker and match agent for ROH.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

rovert posted:

Not sure if last weekend was his start date but it was the first I heard of it but Christopher Daniels has been given the role of Assistant Booker and match agent for ROH.

It took over a decade, but finally The Prophecy will abolish the Code of Honor

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Others say Chris is just helping out. The hierarchy is really muddled these days. Wait and see if Meltzer or Mike Johnson say anything. Jerry Lynn helped out at the Nashville taping.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Those seem like really sensible roles for Daniels within a wrestling company, he's always been great at putting matches together.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

dave said this on 2/27 btw

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

The Philly show is looking really good so far.

Lethal vs. Sydal
Cole/Strong vs. reDRagon
Omega vs. Castle
Briscoes and Cheeseburger vs. War Machine and Moose

Hopefully it's taped for TV as well.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MagicCube posted:

Lethal vs. Sydal
Cole/Strong vs. reDRagon
Omega vs. Castle

They just added Bucks vs. Addiction vs. Motor City to this show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

They just added Bucks vs. Addiction vs. Motor City to this show.

TNA Memorial potentially.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Action Oritiz can fly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Action Oritiz can fly.

Nakamura with a weak catch.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Omega vs. Castle?! Oh wow. The facial expressions alone should make this match 5 stars, hahaha.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey2jS9ZJ3cc

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

MassRafTer posted:

Nakamura with a weak catch.

that's actually Gary Oldman from The Fifth Element

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

I had missed the PPV the night before and had no idea Brian Kendrick was around. Having him show up for a TV "dark match" out of no where made me a very happy wrestling nerd.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MagicCube posted:

Lethal vs. Sydal
Cole/Strong vs. reDRagon
Omega vs. Castle

KUSHIDA is gonna be on this show too

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Action Oritiz can fly.

I said he sucked on twitter and he name searched and faved it and then I kind of felt bad

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Action Oritiz can fly.

Action Ortiz and Punisher Martinez are the most indie fuckers possible and it made the top prospect tournament really fun to watch. Imagining one of them somehow winning and being an ROH mainstay was amusing as hell.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Action Ortiz and Punisher Martinez are the most indie fuckers possible and it made the top prospect tournament really fun to watch. Imagining one of them somehow winning and being an ROH mainstay was amusing as hell.

I really dug Jason Kincaid too. Fury and Rush for the finals is something I'm excited for tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

Reminder that you can buy ROH ppvs through the live events app on ps4 for 20% off

That changes everything!

Also I'm watching Corino Vs Danielson from Year 4 dvd, Corino shouts "I don't see you in the ring, human being!" at a fan and the announcer says "Taking a page from the AJ Styles playbook".

I giggled.

• Locked thread