Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1.E;
(Personally challenge the king to one on one, single combat)D;C;B;A
2.F;E;D;C;B;A

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1.D;F;E;B;A;C

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm in favor of plan Tomn so I guess my pref changes to

##vote
1.Plan Tomn;D;F;E;B;A;C

Also, I'm forming Team Q. We vote for the funnest option, not the best option.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
2.B;C;A
4.I
(I'll tell you how he died if you tell me why he was exiled.)

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 29, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
9. Plan Acrobat

Form a team of gymnasts and other athletic, acrobatic oriented people to do fancy acrobatics, break-dancing, etc in the Rumbler for the crews amusement. There has to be a big, empty room somewhere about where they can do this right?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. B; C; A

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Mar 3, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. F.

F. Okay. I honestly think you're super hot, but I'm also super busy right now. So be a dear and help repel boarders in the midsection 'kay? (blow a kiss) Thanks a bunch, bye bye now.

If he doesn't leave immediately after that tell him "This wasn't a request. Now shoo, shoo. Mama has work to do!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. B;E;D;F

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. G (Truth and Reconciliation).

This is going to get old fast. Establish a South African style Truth and Reconciliation Commission. One committee looks into human rights abuses (tortures, deaths, etc). One committee looks into ways to provide victims with restitution, rehabilitation, etc. One committee looks into requests for amnesty for the injustices they visited on others in the name of the law.

Edit: The commission gets funded by a new tax on the wealthy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. C; A; B; E

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Badass or not, being a leader is hard. Good thing we can set policy and then delegate!

We'll have to make sure that there are caps on rent increases, that food is readily accessible, that there are regular fun activities for the commoners to enjoy to placate enhance their quality of life, etc. We want our subjects to live in relative peace and stability such that they'll happily pay us tribute die for us fulfill their obligations to the city.

Keeping the system going might be a problem though. What is the cities main source of income? Is this city strategically important because of resources, it's location, etc? Who are our nearest trading partners? Are they likely to work together to not trade with us at all? Is the regional economy dominated by city-states or by the decisions of guilds?

Hmm. We've just had the traditional socio-political-economic order overthrown. That gives us some opportunities.

We can't properly go full communism because that'll require too much work to plan and model. But a royalty-based structure isn't too good either.

What's the population of the city? Percentage wise, about how many people own land or own a business, how many people work the land or work at a business?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
To continue the communism metaphor, we can set it up so we're basically a mobile Soviet Union and the other cities are client states who have a degree of autonomy and support so long as they don't stray from the best operating principles we've laid down.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
In IRC we're kicking around some ideas for how we can have a model democratic system that we can export to other areas, but also a model where we're also absolutely undeniably in control. Tran calls it a representative version of the Holy Roman Empire.

If we do this right we'll get to be a bad rear end who gets all the gold. One who gets all the credit for establishing the foundations of democracy. And who gets to pawn off the boring parts of governance to others.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. F;A;D;B;C

TLDR: Establishing a new form of government can be exciting! Or boring! We can give the OP some general guiding principles and let him do the rest. Or we can draft a multi-page constitution. Or something else.

---

Okay, I have some thoughts on a hypothetical governing system that'll let us rule everything but that'll also get us credit for establishing democratic rule.

Long story short, we become prime minister queen president god emperor for life of wherever we conquer. We're the living embodiment of a federal government tying all the conquered lands together.

In each city-state or province we take over we'll hand pick some people to write laws, some people to execute laws, and some people to interpret laws. Some of the citizenry will get to directly or indirectly elect a couple of people to write and execute laws too.

At some point after we die, more power'll go to the executive, legislative, and judicial branches. Centuries into the future everyone hopefully gets to vote for their choice of local, state, and federal government officials.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. D

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Here's how I picture the poli-sperg going down from now on.

We'll pm, pastebin, or google doc LordVonEarlDuke with some ideas. He'll nod his head up and down like he read it, but he'll just ignore it unless something like that is needed for a plot point.

Win-win for everyone. We get our poli-sperg on. The thread is spared poli-sperg. And LordVonEarlDuke has something he can use in a pinch.

Let's be honest here, I'm probably the only one who'll go to the trouble. But maybe, just maybe, someone else here'll do that too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. B

Question, is the eyepatch cosmetic, covering up a magic relic, or do we have a permanent eye injury?

Edit: Hmm, I thought I fixed this three hours ago. I guess not.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 25, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

update soon gang just at work
I promise those who think boys are icky that there will be robots again in like 2 or 3 updates tops

FUN FACT about Uchuam:
its named after the Attack order response of an Age of Empires 2 unit. I can't remember which....... Mamelukes, I think?

I grew up with Warcraft 1 and 2. Can I request a Zug-zug and an exploding sheep?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. Plan Paul

"I've got just enough alcohol in my system to gently caress this up, so here it goes.

Being the "biggest bad-rear end in the wasteland" doesn't mean my only emotions or instincts are "be a bad-rear end".

When I get a casualty report this feels like a big responsibility. When I'm rallying the troops it feels like the Rumbler and the crew are the real bad-asses, I just happen to tell them what to do. Right now it's pretty loving cool. One more thing...

(pause for effect)

I won't take offense if you call me Victoire or Vic. I won't bite. Without consent."

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The only wrong answer is G.

##vote
1. A, B, C, D, E, F

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
2. A

Question:

How many fighters would Zaph like to have? Does he just want six crew or would he want more?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. E

Recruit 7 from the peasantry. We might need the spare body.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. C
2. C

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We could always "it's a wonderful life" it and chip in a few bucks each for a replacement. Or prepay for commissions to be made at a later date.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes. YES! He heralds the return of the CYOA's of old when men were men and robots were hookers.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Let's do the Rumbler again!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are there no fans of the Venture Brothers here?

##Vote
1. GOD GAS!

Temporary stimulation of the temporal lobe via gas introduced thru the orbital cortex thru the olfactory connection so you have a way to activate the temporal lobe into having a heightened sense of awe and pseudo-religious visions and be more susceptible to suggestion.

Mind control gas! So good! Make it!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Switching my vote from God Gas to this.

##Vote
1. A.

"Lets see. Up til now, we've had ideas for rounds that do something special when they impact. What about a Shell that is a container for a big Spell, not a High Enchantment? I was thinking about your tar burst, and thought 'why stop there?'"

"I'd also like a shell that can move itself into the cannon after it's cleaned. I don't want to be caught in that kind of battle again, outnumbered and waiting to reload, and I'd rather not tamper with cannons themselves. Lucky, there's a space mage aboard for a trip ... If 'my paramour' is willing, that is. I'd like you to stand in and observe the process, Strix and Pacitar are talented and wise, and I think you might like peers that are mages.

Though I still want my God Gas.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good point. Switching back to God Gas.

##vote
1. A God Gas

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We'll have to do research for ways to strap it on before the rocket can fire and penetrate.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1. D; C; E; A; B

; indicates something is preferential right?

Edit: What does our boyfriend's bossfriend think about us stealing his meal-eating-companion for fun and weapons development?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 12, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
2: Paul

That was a childish prank, children get punishment. You're getting two weeks of of after-shift detention under Ire's watch, one hour a day. Maybe he'll have you do math problems, maybe he'll have you do jumping jacks. Whatever, he's in charge under penalty of Me. And an 8 pm curfew for a month.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
G, but let it be known we're really curious about what's down there and gauge if they're interested too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

FaustianQ posted:

C. Except we send an exploratory team to be combined of 2:1 ratio of our guys with their guys, pick someone to lead from our ground teams who knows and understands climbing. Assure Spyridon and it's Praetor that the lopsided numbers have more to do with us having crew to spare then some elaborate plan to kill the Spyridon's crew (which we could have done at like any time), if the numbers become an issue. The task should be to see if it's safe for the Autos, or even safe for humans to go down or climb back up.

This is pretty important guys, we need to know what is going on. For all we know this could affect Anabas as well a march back to Anabas might mean a march to a similar eerie pit even. But IMHO, it's too dangerous to send either Praetor in the middle of Dragon Country, and leave the auto's vulnerable. Plus, if everything goes well who knows what we could recover!

Switching to this

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
1: B
2: G, H

H is anyone who volunteers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
#vote
1. B

Stopping things like this happening again takes priority over keeping Xui safe from every single potential risk.

• Locked thread