Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I was playing Hearthstone. A popular online game from Blizzard™ entertainment. Part of Activision™, creator of popular online games, Call of Duty™, Starcraft™ and Warcraft™.

I was indulging myself in ranked play, against fellow human opponents in a spirited game. I've noticed there is a marked difference in the abilities of cards. Cards that you would have to either spend a good amount of your time, or spend a paltry amount of your money, opening online, digital, non real, non transferable, "packs" of "cards" on. Now this "rare" card, has the ability to heal you back to full, as long as there are not multiple copies, a very common occurrence, of cards in your deck.

Because of the "power" of this card, it has made it very popular amongst ranked players. As such, I face it very often. But, being a frugal individual, I have not spent much, real world cash upon this game. Instead, I chose to spend my cash in another "online game" and I have purchased "shares" of the "company" which owns the "digital" intellectual property of said game of "Hearthstone". These "shares" pay an annual dividend, that while small, is still a non-zero sum of "money" that I can use to purchase other "real world" goods and services, to further my comfort, upon this gay Earth.

TL;DR

AHAHAHHAHAH Some gently caress is spending his money on digital cards, while I own the company that is selling him the cards and I'm buying groceries from it. Thanks for kicking my rear end in a card game fuckwit! I'm eating Steak tonight, while your stupid millennial rear end is beating people in a meaningless game! AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH, gently caress YOU!

I wish you the best of luck, DICKFACE! AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hearthstone is a bad game and I'm pissed that you made this thread I didn't read about it.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
cry more op

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pay my mortgage!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Buying cards in Hearthsone is basically like buying someone a red text av

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Pay my mortgage!

scrape my bunghole with your tongue

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
greetings and well met

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

OP you just mad because you're angry

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lok'tar, Ohgar!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Don Tacorleone posted:

Lok'tar, Ohgar!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

AugmentedVision posted:

Buying cards in Hearthsone is basically like buying someone a red text av

:lol: I just laughed so hard I almost passed out. Thank you.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

greetings and well met

Hello!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Everyone

get in here

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
this is our town scrub

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The elements will destroy you, OP

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

You win this time.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
taz'dingo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

This!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
:yikes:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

quote:

I have not spent much, real world cash upon this game.

Lol you fag you spent money on it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Microwaves Mom posted:

Which the company, that I own, compensated me. AHAHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHH!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

op im homeless and i live in a book repository, you seem like just the type of person that would appreciate funding my kickstarter

but seriously, how is the steak? you a medium-rare man?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

but just think about the time you wasted playing it, or other games, or posting here, instead of spending it working so you can get the money

the person with the most money wins don't you know

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

op im homeless and i live in a book repository, you seem like just the type of person that would appreciate funding my kickstarter

Do you take advantage of people, without enough brains in their head, to trade real world cash for some type of real world item and not some digital, non-real item that is valueless outside of a singular online presence?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Buys a stock

OH HEY LOOK IM MAKIGN MONEY

stock drops

SELL IT gently caress

stock pro op

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

These hosed up toes make me wonder if the rest of her is part Orc.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

Do you take advantage of people, without enough brains in their head, to trade real world cash for some type of real world item and not some digital, non-real item that is valueless outside of a singular online presence?

my stretch goal is an av for a user of your choice

Khorne
May 1, 2002
It doesn't take long to get every single card to make a competitive deck even if you spend $0.

Hearthstone is good and fun.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

but seriously, how is the steak? you a medium-rare man?

I like it when the cow is shown the oven it is about to be cooked in. It is then prepared for consumption.

chaosbreather posted:

but just think about the time you wasted playing it, or other games, or posting here, instead of spending it working so you can get the money

the person with the most money wins don't you know

Nah. But boy does the food taste better.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Pitdragon posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Panfilo posted:

These hosed up toes make me wonder if the rest of her is part Orc.

Or you know they're just misshapen from the massive amounts of fat that lives above those cankles. We're talking about a person who had a Horde symbol tattooed on them here.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

op is acting like a Dr boom but he's really just an angry chicken :lol:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

We're gonna be rich, OP

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Play Duelyst instead Vendagoat, it's a lot like Hearthstone but it's got a grid and stuff you move your dudes around and has way less rng.
Haven't touched hearthstone since I found it a month ago. You get packs about twice as fast and the legendary drop rate is like 1/4 packs instead of 1/20

here's the games thread for it if you feel like you're gay enough to handle it:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748014&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I have a Dr. Boom

I'm what's wrong with America

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

We're gonna be rich, OP

Thank you for your patronage. I hear there are going to be changes soon that will only allow you to play with the most current set of cards. I hope you continue to play. :)

Dely Apple posted:

I have a Dr. Boom

Eh gads, this is like the second most played card.

After that's it's an anduin player with the heal this minion get a card.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I have a doctor boom and still think it's a bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

op have you tried writing "lol" instead of writing a bunch of A's and H's? it could save time and time is money.

• Locked thread