Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

apophenium posted:

I'm a Habs fan but I also like the Preds since they are the closest team to me (RIP Thrashers) geographically. So I'm cheering for the Preds. Cheering for the Habs at this point is like hoping a turd won't stink.

The Preds and Preds fans are pretty cool on the whole. Good choice.

e: Beaulieu's slotted on his off wing??? Oh Therrien...

Stiev Awt fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thufir posted:

Reaves just boarded the poo poo out of Tenneyson, dude got knocked out for sure.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/701942176587128836

wow

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Thufir posted:

Reaves just boarded the poo poo out of Tenneyson, dude got knocked out for sure.

Knocked out before he even hit the ice. Good thing they pulled him from the game

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mike_V posted:

San Jose is gonna score a couple here, probably about time to turn this poo poo off.

And there's one.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This 5 game winning streak from the Blues was just smoke and mirrors. They were having to win games in OT and generally played not particularly great, I imagine this is the type of team we'll see get bounced in 5 in the first round of the playoffs.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

God drat

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

That's the first time I've heard Russkie Ref, he sounds like the kind of guy whose pregame routine involves drinking vodka while squatting.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

grack posted:

God drat

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/701943444911104000

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Get ready for a panic trade from Doug Armstrong where we move a piece like Robby Fabbri btw

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Blues is a synonym for depression

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/nhlties/status/701942193628401664

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mike_V posted:

Get ready for a panic trade from Doug Armstrong where we move a piece like Robby Fabbri btw

It'll be Ty Rattie and a pick for Michael Grabner and you can take that to the bank.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Daaaaaaaaaaaayum. If *THAT* dude doesn't get supplemental then I've lost all faith in the NHL Wheel of Justice™

(like I had any faith in them to begin with but jesus H loving christ)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: WHOOOOOOOOO we scorin' goals tonight :siren:

Thought it was Murray, but tis Fartsmell.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Hooray our PK loving sucks

Hooray Bruins loving suck at home

Hooray I have no idea where Gusssssstavvvssssonn was going there.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Mike Richards just dangled around a bunch of Arizona players for a short-handed breakaway (didn't score) and I couldn't believe it was Mike Richards. Wow!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Richards with a nice move to almost get a shorty

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Duke Chin posted:

Daaaaaaaaaaaayum. If *THAT* dude doesn't get supplemental then I've lost all faith in the NHL Wheel of Justice™

(like I had any faith in them to begin with but jesus H loving christ)

Don't worry, that bad of a hit plus the Mandatory Blues Suspension Enhancement® means it'll be a double-digit ban, easily.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

It'll be Ty Rattie and a pick for Michael Grabner and you can take that to the bank.

That would actually be a pleasant surprise. I'm expecting to trade for like Jordan Staal while giving up a 1st and Fabbri (or Dunn or Parayko)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Go anyone who helps the Wild

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Tennyson had his back to Reaves the entire play and Reaves still goes ahead with the hit. Holy poo poo is that bad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

JMFJ's been wanting to punch some-drat-body ever since Lehner got crazy on him.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Kevan Miller Fights a Jacket and No One Cares.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
OVECHKIN!!!!!!!!

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
ovi good?????????

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
RICHARDS!!!!!!!!!!

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

MIKE THE SNOWBLOWER RICHARDS WOOOO

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
MIKE??? RICHARDS???

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
What's there to even challenge?

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

Gunjin posted:

He thought he had the puck but from the camera it's pretty obvious the puck was never fully in his glove and controlled.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

Gunjin posted:

they wanted to argue the puck should have been frozen but i don't think that can be challenged after the fact anyways

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

communist kangaroo posted:

they wanted to argue the puck should have been frozen but i don't think that can be challenged after the fact anyways

That's what I meant, you can't challenge that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There's the makeup no-call for the iffy PS call last time out, apparently.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

that second goal kinda sucked, it could have gone either way but they weren't going to win a challenge because it was predicated on the ref blowing the whistle. the yotes looked ok against the #1 team in the league and played good defensively but gave up too many power plays, didn't capitalize on their own, and didn't get enough offensive zone time.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

and as i say that the yotes scored, so whatever

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

yellowcar posted:

More like, you start off with an amazing appetizer but then you find out the chef and waiting staff are complete imbeciles and gently caress up the rest of the evening then you go home with food poisoning and get shot in the face!

I don't think we got to the Entree.

It's like going to a restaurant with a really pretty girl, ordering a really really nice looking 5 course dinner.
She then chokes on a fish bone from part of the entree and heads off to hospital, and all the meals from that point on taste like they were fished from the garbage.

A part of you was really hoping the girl would come back and save the night, but you're starting to think that you should probably just take the food poisoning and sue the restaurant.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Mighty Giant, felled by the shot of an elf?

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

that was weird

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

TOO loving CUTE ASSHO---:siren: FARTSMELL SAAD :siren:

Gustavsson plowing through the celebration to yell at the ref.

e- That wasn't intentional, he's trying to shoot the puck. The question is does that count as goalie interference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
ovi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbfjfAMJWZY

• Locked thread