Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Alain Post posted:

Wow, that explains why he's taking selfies with indie guys and posting them on Twitter.

Because he is the VP in charge of talent and nobody tweets in character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Charles Gnarwin posted:

son of a bitch and here I thought Kevin Owens was a cool guy in real life

edit: and to clarify, kevin owens tweeting entirely in-kayfabe is one of the reasons he rules

ParanoidInc fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 23, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What is your hangup? Jesus Christ dude. NXT is awesome but we're supposed to not care because "HHH is working us all maaaaaaan...."

Remember: HHH's game is trying to get himself over as the savior of wrestling to smarks. The exact type of people who would decide to boo someone because a dirtsheet said they were the next guy, and the exact type of people who would decide to cheer someone because a dirtsheet said they were behind NXT signing indie and NJPW guys. He is the smartest player in the game, smarter than the Hulkster. I'm in awe.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That sneaky Vince trying to put himself over as a face yesterday by posing with Nakamura on Twitter right before tonight's segment

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Alain Post posted:

Remember: HHH's game is trying to get himself over as the savior of wrestling to smarks. The exact type of people who would decide to boo someone because a dirtsheet said they were the next guy, and the exact type of people who would decide to cheer someone because a dirtsheet said they were behind NXT signing indie and NJPW guys. He is the smartest player in the game, smarter than the Hulkster. I'm in awe.

The end game to his Machiavellian plot is that he gains control of the company and implements changes to make programming more like his fan-beloved vision in NXT. Where is the problem here?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The end game to his Machiavellian plot is that he gains control of the company and implements changes to make programming more like his fan-beloved vision in NXT. Where is the problem here?

It's entirely possible that there is no problem at all, and that he'd be a much better boss than Vince. I just think it's really really funny that he's still insecure about smarks turning on him back in the day.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Came back because of Shane.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alain Post posted:

He is a false god.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Julio Cruz posted:

The crowds are only gonna get worse for Roman too. The last 4 Raws before Mania are Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly and Brooklyn :laffo:

Triple H conspiracy grows firmer.

edit: oh whoops, didn't notice I jumped to this thread

The Landstander fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 23, 2016

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

So why is everybody getting excited about Shane's return?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

So why is everybody getting excited about Shane's return?

Because Shane loving rules

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Chris James 2 posted:

Because Shane loving rules

It was a legitimate question. I probably missed like 90% of his career and only vaguely remember him as smary son of Vince in the early 2000's who occasionally wrestled (but not that well) and promos (but not that well). Why does he rule?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

It was a legitimate question. I probably missed like 90% of his career and only vaguely remember him as smary son of Vince in the early 2000's who occasionally wrestled (but not that well) and promos (but not that well). Why does he rule?

He dances a lot and did a lot of ridiculous high flying stuff

Also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB4qOI7xxn0

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shane was a shithead during the Attitude Era but he later became likable for his impressive stunts and fun personality, then worked a major coup over a heel Vince when he bought WCW out from under him on the last Nitro ever. He's earned a lot of good cred with fans and everyone thought he was for real done with WWE forever, so returning to own the hell out of his family was a big surprise and the reason people reacted the way they did.

Neodoomium posted:

I mean, Detroit ain't Chicago, but it ain't Birmingham or Corpus Christi either

2016: WWE vows to only do live shows in the South and becomes a territory for the sole reason of spiting Roman haters.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Feb 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
They pulled this three times, now they don't Rollins/Bryan to pull their asses out of the fire

• Locked thread