Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cast of Characters:

Tatsuya Kowareta, Ghoul, played by ShootaBoy

Sophie Poe, Infernal, played by Gato

Lamia Leventis, Serpentine, played by GodFish

Cassius Phllips, Vampire, played by Capfalcoln

Virginia Wright, Unicorn, played by Ferrosol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s a new year in Prosperity. After Christmas, and then New Years, it’s when school feels like it’s really starting back up. Any of you make a resolution for this year?

Your teacher, Mr. Darrell, isn’t here. That isn’t too unexpected with him. Supposedly, way back when he was younger, he actually cared enough to show up on time and do his job. Nowadays he tends to be late and does the bare minimum. Most of the students don’t really mind. Gives you all some free time to talk to each other and delays the start of school some.

The current topic going around: Penny is throwing a party at her house. A sort of “post new year's” new year party. She normally lives alone and as long as the police aren’t bothered things should go just fine. It’ll be on Friday after school. From what you’ve all heard, it’s pretty open as far as invitations go - you just need to ask her.

pre:
[Kyle]  [Ginny] [Cassius] [Thomas] [Lily]
[Jim]   [Mia]   [Sophie]  [Tatsu]  [Spider]
[Jason] [Tony]  [Sam]     [Susan]  [Elliot]
Tatsuya: How are you doing? Or rather, how are you managing your desire to cause trouble? When was the last time you got high? If you do want to go to this party, do you think you could control yourself there?

Lamia: Well, it doesn’t seem to hard to get an invitation. Does this kind of thing interest you? Meanwhile your Uncle Ahi pointed out this morning how you don’t have any human “friends” like Atem does, and that can look odd to them. He wants you to get close to someone you can use to remedy that. You plan on doing this task? And if so, who do you think would be a good fit?

Cassius: You’re already invited. But….remember what happened last time you went to a big party? You want to attend but keep an eye out? Or just do something else that day?

Sophie: Why did Taylor say you need to go the party? What interesting thing did he say about Penny? Would you normally want to go to this party anyway?

Virginia:: How do you feel about parties? There can be drinking, drugs, and...other things going on during then. You interested in going or staying away from it? Sam is definitely going to go though.

Tatsuya highlight Dark
Lamia highlight Hot
Cassius highlight Dark
Sophie highlight Cold
Virginia highlight Volatile

-----------------------------------------

OOC Thread
String Sheet

Please put your character sheet in a quote block at the bottom of your first post, and keep it updated as the game goes on.

Rules:

One roll per post, ask me if you want an exception for some reason.

When you get/remove a String, update the String sheet and add a note on how you got/removed it.

Singleton rule for Strings applies per person, so you may get Strings from the same ability multiple times in a scene. However, you can generally only roll against someone once per situation.

Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
People:

Claire Burns - Flaked out on going to one of Virginia's protests, Virginia punched her and now she won't talk to her anymore
Elliot - Former(?) friend of Tatsuya, mother hen of group, into her art
James Bond - Cool guy who knows out of the way places and fun stuff to do, odd name.
Jason - Cassius's friend, bottom of the social ladder and wierded out by Cassius's changes
Jenna Phillps - Cassius's older sister, confused as to how Cassius suddenly became popular
Kyle - Bully, attempted to beat up Cassius and was mind controlled into jumping down a flight of stairs and breaking his legs
Lily - Sweet shy girl with not so good hearing
Penny - Cool nerd who hangs around with Cassius now and lives by herself in a giant house.
Peter - Star of the basketball team, rich, popular with the girls, but also a pretty cool dude
Robert "Spider" Johnson - Part of Virginia's environmental campaign. Doesn't contribute much at meetings, but good artist.
Sam Wright - Virginia's sister, supports her causes, popular with boys
Susan Ivarsson - One of the cool kids, hangs out with Sam, on the cheer team.
Taylor - Sophie's handler as a member of the Agency
Thomas - Straight-laced guy that likes to talk to Tatsuya
Tony Beckworth - Friendly to Mia, does fortune telling
Vampire - A vampire running around, turned Cassius into one too

Lamia's Family:

Ahi - Uncle
Atem - Cousin, supposed to marry Lamia, creepy and weird
Egle - Grandma, stays in house because she doesn't look very normal
Medusa - Mother, actually goes out and is somewhat normal
Ophion - Father, tried to run for mayor but not very successful
Oroborous - Grandpa, head of the house, sits on rocking chair with shotgun
Viritra - Aunt, doesn't like Lamia

Locations

The Forest - Currently planned for destruction by the logging company

The Witches Clearing - Location in the forest where a witch was supposedly burned along with her house

Old Gold Mine - Tourist attraction, most of it is closed off but there's a back entrance in the woods. Tradition for teens to send people into the ines, but some claim they see people in there

Room On The Second Floor of School - Has a window that can be opened from outside and a climbable tree right outside.

Odd Things

Virginia noticed the streets in the town don't make much sense

Tatsuya found the old yearbooks have the same principal as now, with different names

Sophie read the weirdly vague public records of a plane crash in the 1970s, where there's barely any details.

Cassius is apparently the only one who knows Coach Lyndam doesn't leave the school at night and sleeps in his office.

Lamia knows that going to the top of The Hill and looking at the town makes it looks like it's shaped like a perfect five pointed start, and going to the center makes the sun

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Home Room Conditions:

Ooh a party! I like parties. Although some people do go a bit too far and well they do pretty lewd things! I blame too much alcohol and drugs. I mean a little bit of each probably doesn't do anyone any harm but when people have too much of either of them they do and say very silly and stupid things. I'm not sure I want to go to this one though. I glanced back over my shoulder to where Sam was sitting with her head together with her friend Susan no doubt discussing which guy they were taking on a date. I wish I could be that confident but I didn't really have anyone to go with and I'd be a bit embarrassed to turn up on my own or as a tag along to my sisters date. I suppose I could always ask Tatsu he seemed like he would be keen but I'm not sure I should encourage him any more than I already had. I mean he was kind of cute but a little bit dangerous and i'm not sure if I liked that or not. I'd have to think about it. Hmm I wonder if there was anyone else I could ask.... I mentally reviewed my classmates to see who might be a fun date while I waited for Mr Darrell to show up.

[21:49] Ferrosol who can I date (gaze)
[21:49] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[21:49] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6-1 = 5
well nice start.

quote:

Name: Virginia "Ginny" Wright
Look: Hairstyle, Translucent eyes
Skin: The Unicorn
Origin: Survivor
People should never: hurt the environment, eat meat, support sweatshops,bully,make someone cry, be estranged from their family, swear.
A virgin is: If anything goes on below the waist you're not a virgin anymore.

Stats:

Hot: 2
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: -1
Integrity: 0

Darkest Self:

This is it. Everything falls apart, and
you can't hold it together anymore. It's
not because everything is too much
to bear – just that you aren't good
enough. So beg their forgivenesses,
everyone you've wronged by being too
weak to help; and show them how
sorry you are, in whatever small ways
you can muster before the final curtain
falls. Don't seek their acceptance.
You don't deserve it. You escape your
Darkest Self when someone reflects to
you a glimmer of your own self worth.

Sex Move:

You have three intimacy moves:
  • When you lay your head in a virgin's lap,
    gain a point of Integrity and choose:
    -give them 1 forward to
    protecting you,
    -roll to turn them on.
  • When you kiss a non-virgin, take 1 harm.
  • When you have sex, lose all your
    Integrity.

Moves:

With Integrity

You judge your own actions harshly, holding yourself to a high moral standard. You have a fifth stat to reflect this, which starts at zero and can climb to 3. Gain a point of Integrity when
  • you take the moral highground about an issue that matters,
  • you follow through on something important that you say you'll do.
You can gain up to 1 Integrity per scene. When a move calls for you to roll with integrity, erase 1 Integrity after you roll.

Hunted

There are things that hunt you, things you often catch out of the corner of your eye. When one of them comes out into the open, choose:
  • stand up to it and award yourself a point of Integrity,
  • call out for help and anyone who comes to your rescue marks experience,
  • look directly at it and ask the MC a question about your hunters.

I Believe In You

When you believe in someone who has just done less than their best, make eye contact with them and roll with integrity (& then erase 1). On a 10 up, the roll they just made changes to a 10 up. • On a 7-9, their roll changes from a 7-9 to a 10 up, or from a miss to a 7-9. When time seems to stop and fate hangs in the balance, sometimes believing in somebody is enough.

Faery Contract

If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you,
take a String on them. When spending a String to even
out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add
these options:

• they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
  • add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
  • they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Advancements:
  • take a move from another skin [Faerie Contract]

Your Backstory

Someone is thinking about taking something from you - discuss with them and decide what it is. You each get a String on one another.

Someone's in love with you and has told you about their feelings. Gain 2 Strings on them.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 26, 2016

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 Experience: 0/5 Conditions:
Debt: 0

You know, I was pretty pumped when I heard Penny was having a party. I mean, I've only just started getting invited to proper parties and all and this would definitely be a step up - Penny's super cool, and she's got that awesome house to herself, and from what I've heard she'll let just about anybody come even if they've only spoken to her like twice... you know, like me. But anyway, yeah, I was excited for about 10 minutes after I saw the thing on Facebook before Taylor had to go ruin it.

quote:

need you to be at that party. important meeting going on there - itll be obvious when you see it. need to know whats being said. recording ideal.

Dammit, parties aren't meant to be work! Can't I just let my hair down in peace? Now instead of getting high on the atmosphere or whatever (that's definitely what I'd have been telling Dad) I'll have to sneak around eavesdropping with my phone out like a total buzzkill. So I texted him back saying of course I'd be there, and I just got this even weirder text back.

quote:

good. leave P out if poss. shes not in that place by choice.

I mean, that makes no sense! It's her house (or her parents', I guess, but apparently they're never there), it's her party... right? Way to make things awkward - now I'm gonna be on my guard with Penny too! Buuuuut, a job's a job I guess. At least I'll be able to do just a little socializing. I look around the class, sizing everyone up, trying to work out who'll be there and who won't, and who could be having some mysterious meeting. No sudden waves of inspiration... but my gaze comes to rest at the desk to my left. Wonder if Mia's coming to the party? She's not exactly the social type. A thought pops into my head - this might be a way to make things up to her for the whole homework thing.

I reach over and pat her on the arm. I swivel my head a little so I can make eye contact and give her my brightest smile. "Hey, Mia, what's up? You hear about this party at Penny's? Listen, I was gonna go find Penny at lunch and ask if I could come, and if you wanted to, like, come with I'm sure you could get an invitation too... she's really chilled about it and all..." Aaaand I should probably take my hand off her arm - I get pretty touchy-feely but I don't know if she's ok with that...

Turn On Mia: 2d6 12
Result! String for Sophie.

quote:

Name: Sophie Poe
Skin: Infernal
Origin: Lackey
Appearance: Quiet, piercing eyes
Dark Power: The Agency, via their representative Taylor... right?

Stats: Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1

Moves:
Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Can’t Save Myself
When somebody saves you from forces too powerful for you to reckon with, they mark experience, and you gain a String on them.

Bargains:
Augmented Reality (Uncanny Voices)
You can give the dark power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of
their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

Hack the Planet (Elsewise Power)
You can give the dark power a String to use a move you don’t have, just this once. This move can come from any playbook.

Negatives (First advance; Sasquatch move)
When you really, really want specific evidence of yourself to disappear, be it a physical object or something from the memory of someone with no Strings on you, roll with dark. On a 10 up, it happens. Those tracks are gone. On a 7-9 the evidence or memory is
gone, but the pieces don't all add up: a mystery remains.

Sex Move
When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self
You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it’ll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.

Backstory
You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings, divided any way you like between the dark power and the other characters.

Someone thinks they can save you. Gain a String on them.

Gato fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 9, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: -1 Cold: 1 Volatile: 2 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

Heliotrope posted:

Tatsuya: How are you doing? Or rather, how are you managing your desire to cause trouble? When was the last time you got high? If you do want to go to this party, do you think you could control yourself there?

I'm hangin' in there. It's definitely a relief to be back at school though, so many more opportunities here. Last chance I got was during the christmas rush. It's amazing how many people will believe any ads someone hands them. Didn't last real long, but I wanted to get some real emotion for my parents during the holidays y'know? If I can find somethin' halfway decent during the week I'll probably be fine at the party. Might still do somethin' anyway, there's a lot of potential in a bunch of unsupervised teens. Anyways, that's all if I go. I could pass on it I guess. It's an option yeah, but pretty much everyone's gonna be there so what'd be the point?

So I'm going, I guess. Getting an invitation would be easy even if Penny wasn't flingin' the doors wide open, the whole 'bad boy rebel' thing y'know? Of course I could play that up a bit and just show up anyway, that might be fun. Eh, I got all week to pick, might as well see if anyone would 'object' to a crasher first. I lean back in my chair and give Cassius a nudge with my boot. "Hey Cass, you're tight with Penny lately yeah? What's her opinion on partycrashers?"

quote:

Tatsuya Kowareta
The Ghoul
Look: Striking, harsh eyes
Origin: Rejected

Hot -1
Cold 2
Volatile 2
Dark -1

Moves:

The Hunger
You have a Hunger for chaos. When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a feeding opportunity, roll to hold steady.

Short Rest for the Wicked
When you die, wait it out. Some hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Disaffected
When you turn someone on, roll with cold.

Advances:

+1 Cold

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, add “having sex with [this person]” as an additional Hunger. If you already have this Hunger, mark experience

Darkest Self
You will maim, kill and destroy anything in between you and the nearest object of your hunger. You will feed relentlessly. You escape your Darkest Self when someone restrains you or fends you off for long enough for you to regain your composure – at least thirty or forty minutes.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 11, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: Your mind drifts, thinking about everyone in class. Cassius sits next to you - are you interested in him? Seems like a lot of girls are these days. However, your thoughts are interrupted when you see Kyle looking at you smugly. Seems he noticed you looking around.

"Trying to find someone who'd be interested in you? Yeah, good luck with that."

Kyle takes a String on you

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Well there's no need to talk like that! You think Kyle would've learned something from his horrible accident but he's still just as big a meanie and a jerk as he's always been. For a moment I'd been feeling sorry for him as will and even considered asking him if he wanted to go with me because I felt sorry for him. But now no. I guess once a bully always a bully. Maybe I should say something to him. But it's probably not fair to pick on him I guess as that would make me the big meanie for picking on a crippled kid. No best just to ignore him and not let him see that he'd got to me. I mean it was kind of hard to deny that none of the boys had even looked in my direction....

I turned my head and saw Tatsu heading over and my heart started to beat a little bit faster before I saw him stop in front of Cassius's desk. Speaking of which had he been working out? there was something different about him and he looked a lot more stylish or something. Good for him if he had I mean I always kind of got on ok with him. But right now I paid that no mind as I watched him and Tatsu talk about the party. I leaned over to talk to both them.

"So you're both going to the party then" I asked "It'd be really nice to see you both there. Umm especially you Tatsu." I blushed I hate it when I blush it really stands out given how pale I am.

[22:12] Ferrosol turn on Tatsu
[22:12] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:12] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3+2 = 5
well you know what that means more hard moves

Especially not when I now look a little needy and desperate. Great why do I always say or do the wrong thing why can't I be more like Sam she wouldn't have any problems with this. She'd have him eating out of her hand by now.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 24, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2 Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1

Am I going to the party? Of course I'm going! First, it's my first party with my new found popularity, so I'm not going to miss it. Second, I already got bitten, so what's the worst that could happen?

...Maybe you shouldn't answer that second question.

But, before my train of thought gets much farther, I hear Kyle being a dick to Virginia, which is basically inexcusable. She's really preachy, but if she's not harassing you to show up to her latest protest, she's a sweet person. I lean over and say, "Look, I know you're pissed because you aren't going to have a dance partner, but maybe you should try being less of an rear end in a top hat?"

Shut Down: 2d6+1 10
Dunk on him so hard I take a string, and since I'm so Ice Cold, I'll trade conditions with him and give him jealous.

When I hear Tatsu's question, I turn back towards Tatsu, blatantly dismissing Kyle as beneath my notice. I think for a second and say, "You can just ask for an invite, man. It's not some exclusive club or nothin'." I wince a little internally at the double negative, but like the rest of my instincts, it does sound cooler than the alternative when I say it. Then, I remember who I'm talking to, then shake my head, grin, and say, "Buuuut, if you really wanna gatecrash, I'd bring something that'd make your presence more welcome than annoying. Wouldn't hurt with making a splash, either. I'm sure you don't need my help with suggestions, right?"

quote:

Cassius Phillips
The Vampire
Look: Pale, with hungry eyes
Origin: Newly Reborn

Hot 2
Cold 1
Volatile -1
Dark -1

Moves:

Hypnotic
You can hypnotize people who have no Strings on you. Roll with hot.
On a 10 up, they do exactly what you wish and have no idea that anything is wrong.
On a 7-9, the hypnosis works, but choose one:
they realize you hypnotized them;
they gently caress up your commands;
their sanity is unhinged.

Cold as Ice
When you successfully shut someone down (7 up), you may choose an extra option from the 7-9 list.

The Feeding
You feed on hot blood.
If this is the first time they’ve ever been fed upon, you both mark experience.
When you feed, choose two:
-you heal 1 harm previously suffered,
-you carry 1 forward,
-they don’t die.

Dissipate
You can walk through walls.

Sex Move
When you deny someone sexually, gain a String on them. When you have sex with someone, lose all Strings on that person.

Darkest Self
Everyone is your pawn, your plaything. You hurt them and make them vulnerable, for sport, like a cat does with a mouse.
You feed to the point of death whenever you’re alone with someone, though you take your time.
You escape your Darkest Self when you’re put in your rightful place, by someone more powerful than you.

Backstory
You’re beautiful. Gain a String on everyone.
Someone once saved your unlife. They gain 2 Strings on you.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 31, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh Kyle ya gimpy little poo poo, ya lucked out when Cass heard ya first. Ya keep that stuff up and we'll see what happens when ya can walk again ya prick. She may have all but told me to gently caress off, but I'm still not gonna let that fly with me. Oh hey Cass is talkin' to me, I should probably stop glaring at Kyle and pay attention.

Capfalcon posted:

"Buuuut, if you really wanna gatecrash, I'd bring something that'd make your presence more welcome than annoying. Wouldn't hurt with making a splash, either. I'm sure you don't need my help with suggestions, right?"

"Pfft what, you think I'm some kinda amateur?" I ask, with all the carefree confidence of Old Tatsu, my brain's already tinkerin' with a few ideas, number one being the tried and trusted 'showing up with booze', but we'll see where the week takes me. "While we're on the topic though, does she ha-

Ferrosol posted:

"It'd be really nice to see you both there. Umm especially you Tatsu."

Aaaand there goes Old Tatsu. G'bye! It was a nice visit! Uhhh poo poo poo poo gently caress does this mean is into me? But that whole thing happened and... poo poo! Maybe she's just trying to be polite? I mean I did kinda use the L word, that's heavy poo poo to be throwin' around. "She said 'especially you Tatsu'', and she's red as your stripes." NOT! HELPING! Dammit why did this have to happen in homeroom? Where there's no where to run and no convenient excuses? "C'mon stupid, say somethin'! Play it off. YES! Ok yes, that could work oh man gently caress me sideways.

"Well uh, I'm still not really sure if I'm goin' or not. I mean I've got some work I need to do on my bike. Got some uh new parts for christmas and stuff."

(11:35) ShootaBoy: (inadvertently) turn on Ginny
(11:35) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+1
(11:35) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 4+1 = 5
(11:35) ShootaBoy: welp

Yeah, that went well. Maybe even great."You're redder than she is." gently caress.

Marking xp for rolling Cold.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cassius: Kyle glares at you angrily. He may not be completely aware of what happened during that confrontation, but it's clear he still holds a grudge against you for it. He looks over at Ginny talking to Tatsu. "If I wanted your useless advice, I'd ask for it. gently caress off." He turns his attention back to Ginny.

Kyle gives you the condition Nosy

Virginia: Well, this is awkward. But before you can keep dwelling on that, you get the feeling - you know, the one you get when you just know you're being watched. Over by the window, you can just see a figure moving out of view. No one else seems to have noticed them, and now there's nothing to point out. Have the people stalking you ever gotten this close while you've been at school before? There's also an additional problem that just came up...

Tatsuya: "Oh wow Ginny, him?! Really?" Kyle deliberatly raises his voice and now just about the entire class looks over, sees how red you and Ginny are, and puts two and two together. Or what they think is two and two. You hear some whispers, and you can see Elliot looking over at you curiosly.

Virginia: Well, that just happened. Sam is looking at you with concern. Did you ever tell her about Tatsu's confession before? Because otherwise she'll just know him by reputation. Not a good start. And what about the figure of what's likely to be a man sent after you? How are you going to deal with that in addition to the stares and giggles of your classmates? What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1

I... don't know. From what I've heard 'partys' don't resemble the group activities of opening presents and eating cake that they did when I was younger, and are now events full of drinking, drugs, loud music, flashing lights and getting very close to other people of the opposite gender. I'm not entirely sure I see the appeal of that, but at the same time, part of me really wants to go. Even if they turn out to be horrible it'd be an experience, and at least I'd know. And not because that might be a good way to get close to someone to trick into being my friend. I don't have a problem trying to follow one of the families instructions if I was going to do the same thing anyway.

My eyes lift from my book over to glance in Cassius' direction for a moment before darting back to continue reading. So from the sound of it to get into the party, you either need to be invited, so that ones ruled out, or to find someone who was and tag along with them. That... was probably out as well, but I could try it. That'd take a bit more thinking about, but before I can, Sophie has stopped looking at her phone and puts her hand on my arm to get my attention. Turning to look at her, wow, she looks really happy to be talking to me! I like her smile too, and without really being aware of it I'm smiling back enthusiastically. And I didn't take in a word she just said.

I can feel myself turning a little red as I hurriedly run through what she said, and wow, talk about timing! "That'd be great, thanks Sophie!" I give an sincere smile back, maybe this 'let her copy off my work to be my friend' thing was working better than I thought! Ha, eat it Atem, I can have friends too and they aren't slimeballs like yours! I should show Sophie how much I appreciate this, but how? What would Cassius do? Right now he appears to be getting into an argument with Kyle, but uh, that doesn't seem applicable. He'd probably say something to affirm our friendship, I can do that! I look her right in the eyes and keep smiling back, and say "I'd like to go to the party with you!"

<godfish> turn on Sophie
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8

The Serpentine posted:

Name: Lamia Leventis
True Form: a forked tongue, a tail (no legs)
Human Appearance: sleek, cold eyes
Origin: a family from old wealth

Serpentine Moves
Failing Dynasty
In the age of serpents, your family was powerful and prolific. Now, they live in a shadow of their former glory. They want to regain their political clout.

Whenever you are convinced to do the bidding of a family member, carry 1 forward to doing it and that family member gains a String on you. Whenever you help your family regain some of their former glory, mark experience.

Mesmerizing
When you stare at someone without blinking, roll with Hot. On a 10 up, they freeze up until you blink or someone touches them, and they gain the Condition dazed. On a 7-9, they gain the Condition dazed.

Temptation
Your suggestions carry a preternatural power. When you convince someone to do something, they carry 1 forward to doing it, and if they succeed choose one: mark experience; gain a String on them.

Advances
@: Another Skin Move: Temptation

Stats
Hot: 2
Cold: 1
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they become a part of the Failing Dynasty (and subject to the move’s mechanics).

Darkest Self
You aren’t ever going to be able to reconcile the human and serpent worlds. You can’t live with the lies and insanity any longer. You need to reject one side or the other to escape this madness. Run the gently caress away, hide, return to the bosom of your serpent family or abandon them entirely for the human world. You’ll threaten, hobble or destroy anyone who tries to keep you enmeshed in contradictory obligations. You escape your Darkest Self when you submit yourself to the old obligations once more, or you shed your past life and integrate yourself into a new family.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 14, 2016

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 0/5 Conditions:
Strings this scene: Mia Cassius Tatsu Ginny

Aww, that's sweet! She's so... sincere, I actually end up giggling. It's a weight off my mind too - nobody wants to turn up to a party by themselves, right? Of course, as soon as you go with (say it quietly) a member of the opposite sex it starts being a big thing - just look at all the crap going down in the front row. (I think that's what's going on?) So yeah, this is working out pretty well!

"Yeah, sounds like a plan, Mia!" She has a really nice smile too, she should wear it more often! "I mean, this doesn't have to be a big deal or anything, so yeah, we can just hang out and get ready together and stuff." Gotta sound casual about this - if I'm reading things right, I'm the socially experienced one here - weird position for me, huh? So I gotta sound like I'm used to this kinda thing. "It'll be fun!" I mean, I've got no idea if we've got anything in common, but I'm not gonna turn down the chance to make a friend!

She did mean it in, like, a friend way... right?

Kyle's dumb voice rings out and now everyone's looking at Tatsu and Ginny and... right, guess that was what they were talking about just then. Hmm, that'd be an odd couple... what's his angle? She's pretty innocent, so she might not feel like she can say no to a pretty hot guy asking her out, but what's he in it for? Some kind of big prank?

I raise a finger at Mia. "Hold that thought," I whisper. I turn around to my right. "Leading nice girls astray, Tatsu? Don't go breaking any hearts, now." I say it more to fill the silence than anything else, but also because I want to see how he reacts... sometimes you have to push things a little to get the best read on people.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Oh no! First everyone's staring at me and Tatsu I-I didn't do anything and ww-wait. Oh god they're back for me those creeps from before I can see them out of the window they're going to get me and everyone's staring at me. Even Sam is divided between looking at me with a mixture of shock and surprise and glaring at Tatsu.I-I can't cope with all this attention. I haven't done anything wrong and I can't even go to school safely any more without people spying at me whoever these people are they usually only come out at night so for them to come out during the day where people could see them scares me. I just can't take it I feel like my hearts beating so fast it's going to jump out of my chest

I need to get out of here now.

I pushed back my chair and ran for the door before anyone could stop me.

22:18] Ferrosol ok krysm I hate you and you hate me
[22:19] Ferrosol but I want this roll to succeed ok?
[22:19] Ferrosol Run away from stares
[22:19] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[22:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+1 = 6

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions:

Well wouldja look at that, now there's two dead guys walkin' around in here. Sophie's saying something but unfortunately Tatsu's not in right now. Oh and hey there goes Ginny, hmm I wonder if it'd be irony to beat Kyle with his wheelchair. Overall this is an awesome start to school, I just love getting suspended on the first day back yes sir. Out of the desk now, pardon me Thomas, I'm just passing through.

(5:51) ShootaBoy: Lash out upside Kyle's head
(5:51) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(5:51) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 5+2 = 7
Kyle gains a String on me, though I think he has more pressing concerns at the moment.

Mmmmmm-mmm that's good! Got a nice solid cross on his temple, he's gonna be feeling that one for a while. Well no reason to stop there, I've got a participant that can't run away! Let's see what I can do before someone pulls me off!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: You leave the classroom, getting away from all the stares and whispers and possible stalkers. Running, running down the hallways and suddenly - you can see things in the other classrooms. Not the students and teachers that should be there, but rather...scenes.

Tatsuya talking to you, telling you his feelings.

Sophie, trying to get ahold of your notes.

You in class, being watched.

You, at a meeting with your group but something's wrong.

You, alone in the woods...except for the people closing in on you.

Then it stops, just as you do. Everything goes back to normal. Has anything like this ever happened before? Meanwhile you hear Sam calling "Ginny?" She appears, slowing down and catching her breath. "Jesus Ginny, what happened? Are you okay?"

What do you do?

Tatsuya: Kyle clearly wasn't expecting someone to start attacking him. "gently caress!" he shouts while trying to defend himself. It's not going very well for him though. What do you do?

Everyone else: Sam got out of her chair and went after Ginny. The rest of the class is staring at what's going on. Do any of you want to get in the middle of this?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm:0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions: Nosy

I'm about to say something really cutting to Kyle for continuing to be an rear end in a top hat, but then Tatsu flips out and starts pounding his face in. Shocked, I yell, "Jesus, Tatsu! What's your problem?" He flinches a little, and I take advantage of that to jump out of my seat and lunge towards Tatsu. Then, I wrap my arms about Tatsu, pin his arms to his side, and finally pull him off Kyle.

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 6
Spend a string to boost it to 7 and I keep my cool

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions:

"Dammit Cass leggo! rear end in a top hat brought it on himself!" Why the hell did he stop me anyway? Kyle's always been a huge dick to him! And has he been working out or something? There's no way he coulda held me back like this last year. I could probably still get free, but I don't really wanna hurt him, he's an ok guy. Ugh. I stop struggling and say, "Alright, alright I'm cool, I'm cool, get the hell off me already." Y'know what, screw this. Screw school, screw this day, screw Kyle, I'm done. Gonna get my bike and just go. Don't know where, don't really care. Anything at all is better than here right now.

(3:27) ShootaBoy: Run away from a really bad day
(3:27) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(3:27) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 9+2 = 11

I give Kyle the finger on my way out. rear end in a top hat.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile:] 1 Dark: -1
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: School? Conditions:

I ran and ran. I'm not sure where. I just knew I had to get away. I felt like they were watching me all of them and they were going to hurt me. I ran past I'm not sure how many classrooms. I didn't even know the school had this many classrooms... It was only when I looked into the classrooms that I saw me. Tatsu confessing his feelings, sophie trying to steal from me, what had just happened, and things that I knew were going to happen. Past present and future. What the heck. I've never seen anything at all like this before. And yet, yet it all felt natural a part of me as much as my hair and skin and I think that scared me most. I could feel my heart pounding still but I was scared what would happen when I stopped. Eventually though I'm not sure how long my lungs burned with fire and I couldn't run anymore.

I turned a corner and walked almost right into Sam.

[23:59] Ferrosol hold steady vs creepy visions
[23:59] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:59] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
[23:59] Ferrosol typical
[23:59] Ferrosol I succeed when I don't want to
you keep your cool.

I almost wanted to clutch onto her to beg her to make it right. She's the stronger of the two of us and she could do it. But she can't fix this no one can. She'd probably think I was even more nuts if I tried to explain it to her. Especially since I couldn't explain it to myself. Still I felt a surge of gratitude or affection maybe that she'd come after me to make sure I'm ok. Breathing heavily I turned to her. "I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have panicked, shouldn't have run but I just didn't know what else to do." I said shivering even though it wasn't that cold inside the school. "I feel like an idiot now" I said miserably. I wish I had the easy way with people she has I should have told her about Tatsu about the people chasing me perhaps she could have helped me but it's too late now. I've just made my self look really stupid.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 0+1/5 Conditions:

Well, that escalated quickly. Gotta find a non-meme way of saying that. I thought Tatsu was just a bit of a troublemaker, but punching a guy in the middle of class? That means Issues with a capital I. I'm feeling that familiar little spark of curiosity flaring up... maybe I'll do a bit of light surveillance work on Mr Kowareta. Could be tricky, though, since he's the twitchy type. Ah well, I can think about that later. Right now, I've got a more pressing mystery to solve - namely what the hell I've got to do at this party.

I take out my phone and tap the pattern recognition app. I feel a little tingle on the right-hand side of my head a second later. When I look around the class, the people seem to merge together, or pull apart, depending... it'd take me a while to explain what it depends on, but it all makes sense. On my left, Mia's in her own little bubble of isolation, while on the right, I can feel people's attention pushing at the empty space Tatsu left behind. But that's not what I'm interested in now. I need to know - who's interested in the party, more interested than they should be? Who's meeting on Friday night?

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 7
Let's not make this easy. Confusing and alarming visions, please! Experience for Dark.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: None

I nod a couple times eagerly, I was going to hang out with her before the party to! That was definitely friend things. Today. was. great. And then it gets EVEN GREATER holy poo poo! Tatsu just attacks Kyle out of nowhere and I guess they were fighting over Ginnie because she ran off and then Cassius tried to stop him and Tatsu ran off and wow. This was like, wow! I glance around the room, and everyone else is doing it to, so yes, this is the time to gossip. I lean over to Sophie whos checking something on her phone - it'd be rude to look, but I'm sorta curious so I like, half glance at it but not long enough to see anything. "That was crazy wasn't it? What do you think happened? Were they fighting over Ginnie or something?"

GodFish fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 28, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Once I'm sure he isn't going to, I don't know, murder one of my (more annoying) classmates, I let Tatsu go so he can storm out of the room. I mean, yeah, Tatsu wasn't wrong about Kyle being a prick, and if Kyle wasn't stuck in a wheelchair, I wouldn't have done poo poo, but come on. That isn't a remotely fair fight under normal circumstances, and Tatsu knows it, too.

After I watch, I look down at Kyle and then look away. Must suck getting saved by the guy who was just making GBS threads on you a few seconds ago, but no one else was jumping up to help. Tatsu got him pretty good, too.

I take a seat so we're at eye level and ask, "So, you probably need to go to the nurse. Do you want any help?" I'm looking right into his eyes, and despite all his assholishness up until now, I can't help but look sympathetic.

<Capfalcon> Turn on Kyle
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 7+2 = 9

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Tatsuya: You make a quick getaway. Luckily the hallways are empty, so you can get to your bike no problem. You going to wander around, or do you have a specific place you'd like to go to? What do you think you're going to do about news of this fight getting to Ginny?

Virginia: "Hey, it's okay now" she says reassuringly. "We can wait until you're ready to go back. Kyle was just being an rear end- I mean," she quickly amends while looking at you, "a jerk. Like usual. If you want, I can help you find a date to the party so people don't keep thinking you're interested in Tatsu?" She clearly thinks you have no intentions of persuing Tatsu, and it's obvious she doesn't like him. What do you do?

Sophie: Now that the show's over, you can see the interest slowly fade away from where Tatsu was, and drift about. But you can sense interest directed at where Ginny was - and this is stronger interest then everyone else's. You can't quite tell what sort of interest it is, but it's definitley different then everyone else's. Someone close by, too. But...you can't quite make out who that person is before the effects of the app wear off. And who knows if they're still thinking about her if you get it back up again. What do you do?

Lamia: While Sophie is busy with her phone, Tony leans over. "Nah, I think Kyle was just starting poo poo and Tatsu responded. Anyway, you heading to the party too? Going to, uh, go with anyone?" He seems really interested in your answer. What do you do?

Cassius: Kyle looks at you. He seems to want to refuse, but changes his mind. "Fine I guess we could go. Might as well bail like that rear end in a top hat did."

He'll let you escort him and skip out on some class

As you leave, you can see Jason's eyes on you. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

More gossping, this was great! I look over at Tony now, still smiling happily with how well my day was going. "Oh, you think so? Hmm." That doesn't seem nearly as interesting. "Well, still a fight in class, that doesn't happen every day." Shame I didn't get a picture or anything, maybe Sophie did since she had her phone out. "What did you think Sophie?" I give her a slight prompt to see if she's done spacing out, but Tony is still talking, and I have a good answer too that makes me seem like a normal sociable person! "Yeah! Sophie and I are going to see about getting invites at lunch, and then we're going to go together." I beam at him. "What about you?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

After walking Kyle out, I lag behind him a bit and send a text to Jason.

quote:

Everything ok? Gonna see you at the party, right?

Then, as I walk along with Kyle, I get an idea. Why not just, you know, tell him to be less of a jerk. We're almost at the nurses office when I stop. Kyle, for his part, wonders what's up and turns to look at me. I meet his eyes again and suggest to him, "Why don't you just be nicer to everyone? I'm sure that's what you really want to do, right?

<Capfalcon> Hypnotize Kyle
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 3+2 = 5

oh boy

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Lamia: Tony looks at you, and then Sophie. "Together? Like...uh, anyway yeah I'm going to get an invite too. So, do you mean like as friends, or..." He looks oddly concerned. What do you do?

Cassius: On the way there, you get a text back.

quote:

yeah. dunno about the party. not sure if it's for people like me

When you try to give Kyle the command though, you sense him block your ability off somehow and incredible annoyance. "I already told you to gently caress off. If you're just going to lecture me, I'll go in by myself. You can, I dunno, go back to class or wander around or whatever." He moves his chair to the door. What do you think of the fact that Kyle was able to resist you this time? What do you do?

Kyle takes 1 String on you, and uses Nosy against you to protect himself by getting another String.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm:0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions:

Keepin' with how the day's gone so far, I didn't really think about where I was gonna go once I left school. Who am I tryin' to kid, I know I'm just gonna end up where I almost always go, might as well save the gas and cut the bullshit. The accident. The 'real' one, the first one. I go there a lot, more than I probably should really. I dunno why, maybe I'm hopin' for a revelation or somethin'. 'Snot so bad of a spot when ya get down to it. Well, not if ya forget the whole 'died and came back as some sorta hosed up zombie' part, it isn't. It's quiet, outta the way, peaceful I guess is the word. Never do much out there, mostly just sit for a while. Done some homework a few times, that sorta thing.

Yeah, it's a real great place, especially for beating yourself up over what a goddamned stupid loving idiot ya are! gently caress's sake Tatsu, ya couldn't try to run after Ginny and try to, I dunno, calm her down or something? Nope had to beat up a cripple in front of fuckin' everyone! So what if she didn't see it? With the way gossip travels she'll know by now and.... oh poo poo! Her sister went after her didn't she? "Yes, she did." Yeah, yeah, this is just great! She'll hear it all through the grapvine filtered through her sister, who hates me, going by the looks I was getting. Ugh, I wanna just curl up in a corner and die, haha joke's on me!

Man, such an awesome day it's already been. Hey look at that, the girl you've been crushing on for ages might kinda sorta like ya back a bit maybe. Then it all gets ruined by the loving legman! Then ya go make it even worse by beating his face in! Looks like any chance I had with Ginny is as dead as I am. Thanks Past Tatsu, for whatever the gently caress ya did, hope it was worth it at the time rear end in a top hat!

It's always so calm here, really makes me wish I had found it under better circumstances. I wonder if this thing is gonna last forever?

(3:53) ShootaBoy: Ponder my future (Gaze)
(3:53) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6-1
(3:53) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8-1 = 7
Let's go with confusing and alarming. Marking xp for Dark as well.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 1, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: School Conditions:

Do I what? I mean I love my sister don't get me wrong but there are times when she aggravates the heck out of me. It's my choice if I want to do anything with Tatsu and not hers. I'm honestly not sure what I want to do but seeing her almost tell me to dump him and ignore him is just making me more stubborn. I've never been one for letting other people tell me what to do. And the last thing I want is to take a pity date from one of my sisters friends. I want to be my own person and not just some sort of appendage of her! If I want to date Tatsu I'll date him. If I want to kiss him I'll kiss him, If I want to you know do that well I'll do that.

"Sam I know you mean well and are just trying to look after me. But please just let me handle this myself. I'll deal with Tatsu." I explained. "It's me he's interested in after all. If It hadn't have been for Kyle sticking his stupid nose in where it's not wanted we probably could've worked something out." I sighed. "At least he's interested in me and he is pretty good looking." I went on. "but let me do this on my own please."

18:13] Ferrosol manipulate sam
[18:13] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[18:13] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2x Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Nosy

As he wheels himself away, I'm just standing here, shocked. That shouldn't have happened. I mean, he should have at least thought about it... And if it didn't work at all? He just saw me staring in his eyes and talking slowly.

Well, gently caress. It's a good thing that he's such an rear end, or people might actually listen to him say that I was being a weirdo.

I respond to Jason:

quote:

Come on, man, it's gonna be fun! I can get you an invite, no prob.
Maybe even set you up with a date, if you want. :P

Even my good turn doesn't lighten my mood, so I start sulking my way back to class, disappointed about the apparent limits on my new abilities. That's when I run into Virginia and Sam. Hm... As a matter of fact, maybe I can get Virginia or Sam to go with him to go with him.

Leaning against a nearby locker, I join the conversation, "Sorry about the scene back there. Don't know what got into Tatsu. I mean, he was right, and Kyle was being a loudmouth, but that wasn't a good reason to beat his rear end." Giving Virginia a charming smile, I add, "Hope you two are still planning on going to the party."

<capfalcon_work> Turn on Virginia
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 8+2 = 10

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: Sam looks at you in surprise. "I'm pretty sure you could find someone else interested in you. And he's crazy! I mean, when I left the room he was getting into a fight with Kyle. But...if you think you can handle this situation, then fine. But let me be nearby in case he does something." Are you willing to accept that?

Cassius: You get a response back

quote:

okay. dunno about getting dates, maybe we can just hang out there together?

Sam was apparently talking to Virginia, but when you show up she turns to you. "Oh yeah, we were just talking about that." She notices you smiling at Virginia and adds "So you going with anyone? Or planning on ask someone?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 1+1/5 Conditions:

Someone's got their eye on Ginny, over and above the general fleeting buzz of imminent gossip. If I can just reverse the direction... nope, it's gone. Dammit. For all I know that extra interest could be me - I mean, I've still gotta finish that stupid job with the logging campaign stuff. But I don't think it was. Hmm, guess I'll have to keep an even closer eye on Ginny... or maybe just, like, actually talk to her like a non-creepy human being. That'd be ok, right?

As I zone back in, I catch the tail end of Tony sort-of asking Mia to the party. I'm about to tell her, like, don't let me cramp your style - if she wants to go with him, that gets priority, obviously. But now he's being all weird - I mean, of course it's as friends, obviously... oh God what's going on.

"Or what, Tony? What d'you think is going on? Seriously, spit it out, fill in the blanks... it's not cool to leave a girl hanging." It comes out a little snappier than I mean it to - something about this is getting under my skin, and I can't work out why.

Shut Down Tony: 2d6-1 4
Welp. Experience for Cold, at least.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"Ok then fine. So what about you who are you taking to--" I trailed off as I watched Cassius wander over to talk to us and lean against a locker. Had he been working out or had a growth spurt or something? I hadn't noticed not until now anyway. It looked good on him really good. I could feel myself getting flushed again. What was it with me and guys today anyway?

Still a glance sideways showed me I wasn't the only one paying attention Sam had clearly noticed him as well. I was so busy watching her watching him that I kind of missed the question. "Umm yeah wouldn't miss it all." I said sort of absent mindedly staring at my shoes while I waited for my flush to go down. Luckily Sam stepped in. Was-was she interested in him? I know she was between boyfriends at the moment but I never thought of a guy like him as her type, It certainly sounded like it. Was she asking him out? "Umm I'll see you later Sam. I've got to get back to class." I didn't want to cramp her style or whatever you call it and I wasn't interested in him myself well ok maybe a little. "see you at the party" I called out to Cassius over my shoulder.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Tatsuya: You think back to the accident, to the days afterward, to when you got that first high, to the second accident. This is a part of you now, whatever the reason it happened. It's something unnatural. But maybe an unnatural problem can be dealt with an unnatural solution? Do you have any idea of something that might qualify? What do you do?

Sophie: "I was just seeing if she's free. Why are you..." Tony stops as you see he thinks he figured out what's going on. "Look, why don't we ask her?"

Lamia: Tony turns back to you. "So are you just going as a friend with her? Because, well...I'm free too." What do you think Tony is talking about? He looks kind of nervous about saying that last part as well. And Sophia seems to be mad for some reason. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot: +2x Cold: +1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Nosy

I frown as Victoria beats a hasty retreat. Was she really that easily embarrassed? Then, I turn to give Sam a bemused look, unwilling to comment on Victoria's flustered appearance, but I'm not just going to pretend it didn't happen. I casually shrug in response to Sam's question, saying, "Oh, Penny invited me yesterday, but I hadn't really gotten around to making plans yet."

As I say it, I can't help but mentally add Why yes, I'm so popular now that I didn't even have to ask for an invite, but at least I manage to keep my smile from turning into a smug grin.

I continue, saying, "Oh, I just got back from dropping Kyle off at the nurse's, and he's honestly pretty fine. Well, fine enough to still be acting like a jackass." I chuckle, shake my head, and then say, "We should get back before we're missed." I gesture back towards class and invite her to walk with me.

As we walk back, I say, "So, what are you doing tonight?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Ok Tatsu, let's think about this. First thing's first, you're some kinda hosed up zombie now. So, how do people become zombies? "Well the movies have done everything. Virus, end of the world, drugs, demons, black magic, hypnotism, and curses to name a few." Well I think a few of those can be ruled out straight off once you add in the whole 'normal' thing. I would rule out curses, magic, and demons too, but I'm a fuckin' walkin' corpse so things stopped only existing in fairy tales and spooky stories quite a while back. "So..." So I guess I try to find a witch? Or a wizard I guess. Warlock? Whatever, magic user person. Yeah. Yeah that's a plan. ... Now how do I do that? If I just go around askin' people, I'll get called crazy and get locked away. Ugh, I need a smart person.

Whatever I've got my whole life, wow that one was bad, to do that. Right now I should probably focus on some kinda damage control for today. Uhhh, step one, an outside view. Ah! I can text Elliot, we may be in a weird place, but she'll give me an honest answer.

text to Elliot posted:

how bad that look scale 1-10?
Ok, that's done. Step two.... Uhh step two is... Step two to be determined. Yeah let's go with that.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I was about to respond to Tony that we were going as friends, when Sophie says something and now I think I'm missing some kind of subtext to this conversation? I hastily try to run it all over through my head again, and after a couple times though, I think I've got it! It was the last bit Tony said that clued me in, the bit about him being free. I give him a bright smile and nod. "Yeah, we're going as friends! Would you like to come too?" Wait, Sophie was sounding kind of ...irritated? earlier. Crap! "Uh," I glance at her, "if you don't mind Sophie?" I guess I just invited him to hang out with us during our friend time, I hope she doesn't mind! Tony clearly wanted to be included in our friend gathering.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Virginia: Cassius and Sam follow you back. They're busy talking with each other at the moment, so you're able to get ahead of them. However, that means Mr. Darrell sees just you going back into class. You see him examine your face. "Ms. Wright? What are you doing out of class?" What do you do?

Cassius: "Well I was probably going to hang out with Susan, but we haven't really set anything in stone. So I could still do something else." Seems like she'd be interested in going out with you today. Do you go on many dates now that you've become so popular? What do you do?

Tatsuya: You have to wait for a bit before some messages come up.

quote:

You tried to beat up a guy in a wheelchair

quote:

Even if it was Kyle

quote:

There's another small delay.

quote:

Do you want to talk about something?

What do you do?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Yeah. Yeah that's about what I expected. Awesome. Dammit I'm such an idiot. Stupid stupid stupid stupid! This really is just the best day ever isn't it? Suspension, probably get grounded too, so there goes the party, and Ginny definitely thinks I'm a total nutjob by now. I keep wailing on myself with self pity/loathing until my phone goes off again.

text from Elliot posted:

Do you want to talk about something?
Hoh boy, do I ever. I'd love to just tell her everything, the accident and normal, whole shebang, but then she'd think I'm crazy too. gently caress why isn't easy a thing anymore? Sigh. No, even if she wouldn't call the funny farm on me, I can't lay that stuff down on her. It's my gently caress up, and I've got to carry it on my own, especially if I want to make up for whatever it is that I did. Yeah, she doesn't need to hear me bitching about my (un?)life. She probably does want to know what the gently caress was going on before the dust up though. I feel like I own her some sort of explanation for that.

text to Elliot posted:

if u mean stuff before rock em sock em then yes. long story so lunch? be like old times.
And sent. I'll wait til I hear from her again, then it's back to school I guess. Might as well take my punishment head on like a man. If I take my time I can show up either just in time for the next class, or even a few minutes late, either way there's less chance of whispers if I don't have to sit there for 5 minutes before class starts. Sigh. At least today can't get any worse.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

[08:23] Ferrosol manipulate teacher
[08:23] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[08:23] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 11+2 = 13

"Oh er hi there Mr Darrell" I said "I was just stepping out to use the bathroom. Umm that is ok right?" I said nervously. I probably shouldn't lie to a teacher like that but telling the truth would only get poor Tatsu into trouble and since it was all my fault in the first place I didn't want anyone else to take the blame for me. I just hope it works. "So umm I'll just go back into class if that's ok with you." Real smooth Ginny really smooth. I'm just not used to being in trouble ok. Well except for political trouble but that's different that's important. It's right to stand up for that sort of thing. But upsetting things like my teachers or my parents I'm still not entirely comfortable with.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Tatsuya:

quote:

Sure

Well, you got that meeting. Have you ever talked to Elliot about any problems before you died?

Virginia: Mr Darrell could probably get try to get more information, if that wouldn't require putting in effort. "All right," he says while heading in. You can see some students looking over at you in curiosity, but it seems like most of the interest has died down.

Lamia: "Oh. Uh, yeah. I would. I would like to go." Tony sits back down in his seat. He seems kind of disappointed for some reason. He looks at Sophie to see what her answer is going to be.

Sophie: Looks like Tony lost his nerve. Mia seems to have misinterpreted the situation as well. Are you going to clear things up, or just let it lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 2/5 Conditions:

Sooo... Mia's pretty clueless, huh? I mean, she cleared things up with Tony, but I don't think she even, like, realised anything needed clearing up in the first place! And the guy's clearly hanging over the edge of THE FRIENDZONE, which is like the event horizon of relationships and you know what? He can stay there, if he hasn't got the balls to spell things out, and I don't mind messing with him a bit. "Yeah, sure thing Tony - you can come hang out with us before the party too - we can see how much girly stuff you can put up with." I give him an evil smile, one that says you're not fooling anyone... I hope. Except Mia, I guess. Suddenly, I'm getting the weirdest urge to make sure she ends up with anyone but him... good thing we've got a week, huh? That's a long time...

...hmm, Ginny's back. Wonder what that was about... wonder what's going on with her and Tatsuya. He's not back, obviously - the Powers That Be are probably after him. Maybe I'll go track him down at lunchtime.

• Locked thread