Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 Experience: 0/5 Conditions:
Debt: 0

You know, I was pretty pumped when I heard Penny was having a party. I mean, I've only just started getting invited to proper parties and all and this would definitely be a step up - Penny's super cool, and she's got that awesome house to herself, and from what I've heard she'll let just about anybody come even if they've only spoken to her like twice... you know, like me. But anyway, yeah, I was excited for about 10 minutes after I saw the thing on Facebook before Taylor had to go ruin it.

quote:

need you to be at that party. important meeting going on there - itll be obvious when you see it. need to know whats being said. recording ideal.

Dammit, parties aren't meant to be work! Can't I just let my hair down in peace? Now instead of getting high on the atmosphere or whatever (that's definitely what I'd have been telling Dad) I'll have to sneak around eavesdropping with my phone out like a total buzzkill. So I texted him back saying of course I'd be there, and I just got this even weirder text back.

quote:

good. leave P out if poss. shes not in that place by choice.

I mean, that makes no sense! It's her house (or her parents', I guess, but apparently they're never there), it's her party... right? Way to make things awkward - now I'm gonna be on my guard with Penny too! Buuuuut, a job's a job I guess. At least I'll be able to do just a little socializing. I look around the class, sizing everyone up, trying to work out who'll be there and who won't, and who could be having some mysterious meeting. No sudden waves of inspiration... but my gaze comes to rest at the desk to my left. Wonder if Mia's coming to the party? She's not exactly the social type. A thought pops into my head - this might be a way to make things up to her for the whole homework thing.

I reach over and pat her on the arm. I swivel my head a little so I can make eye contact and give her my brightest smile. "Hey, Mia, what's up? You hear about this party at Penny's? Listen, I was gonna go find Penny at lunch and ask if I could come, and if you wanted to, like, come with I'm sure you could get an invitation too... she's really chilled about it and all..." Aaaand I should probably take my hand off her arm - I get pretty touchy-feely but I don't know if she's ok with that...

Turn On Mia: 2d6 12
Result! String for Sophie.

quote:

Name: Sophie Poe
Skin: Infernal
Origin: Lackey
Appearance: Quiet, piercing eyes
Dark Power: The Agency, via their representative Taylor... right?

Stats: Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 1

Moves:
Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Can’t Save Myself
When somebody saves you from forces too powerful for you to reckon with, they mark experience, and you gain a String on them.

Bargains:
Augmented Reality (Uncanny Voices)
You can give the dark power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of
their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

Hack the Planet (Elsewise Power)
You can give the dark power a String to use a move you don’t have, just this once. This move can come from any playbook.

Negatives (First advance; Sasquatch move)
When you really, really want specific evidence of yourself to disappear, be it a physical object or something from the memory of someone with no Strings on you, roll with dark. On a 10 up, it happens. Those tracks are gone. On a 7-9 the evidence or memory is
gone, but the pieces don't all add up: a mystery remains.

Sex Move
When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self
You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it’ll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.

Backstory
You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings, divided any way you like between the dark power and the other characters.

Someone thinks they can save you. Gain a String on them.

Gato fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 0/5 Conditions:
Strings this scene: Mia Cassius Tatsu Ginny

Aww, that's sweet! She's so... sincere, I actually end up giggling. It's a weight off my mind too - nobody wants to turn up to a party by themselves, right? Of course, as soon as you go with (say it quietly) a member of the opposite sex it starts being a big thing - just look at all the crap going down in the front row. (I think that's what's going on?) So yeah, this is working out pretty well!

"Yeah, sounds like a plan, Mia!" She has a really nice smile too, she should wear it more often! "I mean, this doesn't have to be a big deal or anything, so yeah, we can just hang out and get ready together and stuff." Gotta sound casual about this - if I'm reading things right, I'm the socially experienced one here - weird position for me, huh? So I gotta sound like I'm used to this kinda thing. "It'll be fun!" I mean, I've got no idea if we've got anything in common, but I'm not gonna turn down the chance to make a friend!

She did mean it in, like, a friend way... right?

Kyle's dumb voice rings out and now everyone's looking at Tatsu and Ginny and... right, guess that was what they were talking about just then. Hmm, that'd be an odd couple... what's his angle? She's pretty innocent, so she might not feel like she can say no to a pretty hot guy asking her out, but what's he in it for? Some kind of big prank?

I raise a finger at Mia. "Hold that thought," I whisper. I turn around to my right. "Leading nice girls astray, Tatsu? Don't go breaking any hearts, now." I say it more to fill the silence than anything else, but also because I want to see how he reacts... sometimes you have to push things a little to get the best read on people.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 0+1/5 Conditions:

Well, that escalated quickly. Gotta find a non-meme way of saying that. I thought Tatsu was just a bit of a troublemaker, but punching a guy in the middle of class? That means Issues with a capital I. I'm feeling that familiar little spark of curiosity flaring up... maybe I'll do a bit of light surveillance work on Mr Kowareta. Could be tricky, though, since he's the twitchy type. Ah well, I can think about that later. Right now, I've got a more pressing mystery to solve - namely what the hell I've got to do at this party.

I take out my phone and tap the pattern recognition app. I feel a little tingle on the right-hand side of my head a second later. When I look around the class, the people seem to merge together, or pull apart, depending... it'd take me a while to explain what it depends on, but it all makes sense. On my left, Mia's in her own little bubble of isolation, while on the right, I can feel people's attention pushing at the empty space Tatsu left behind. But that's not what I'm interested in now. I need to know - who's interested in the party, more interested than they should be? Who's meeting on Friday night?

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 7
Let's not make this easy. Confusing and alarming visions, please! Experience for Dark.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 1+1/5 Conditions:

Someone's got their eye on Ginny, over and above the general fleeting buzz of imminent gossip. If I can just reverse the direction... nope, it's gone. Dammit. For all I know that extra interest could be me - I mean, I've still gotta finish that stupid job with the logging campaign stuff. But I don't think it was. Hmm, guess I'll have to keep an even closer eye on Ginny... or maybe just, like, actually talk to her like a non-creepy human being. That'd be ok, right?

As I zone back in, I catch the tail end of Tony sort-of asking Mia to the party. I'm about to tell her, like, don't let me cramp your style - if she wants to go with him, that gets priority, obviously. But now he's being all weird - I mean, of course it's as friends, obviously... oh God what's going on.

"Or what, Tony? What d'you think is going on? Seriously, spit it out, fill in the blanks... it's not cool to leave a girl hanging." It comes out a little snappier than I mean it to - something about this is getting under my skin, and I can't work out why.

Shut Down Tony: 2d6-1 4
Welp. Experience for Cold, at least.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 2/5 Conditions:

Sooo... Mia's pretty clueless, huh? I mean, she cleared things up with Tony, but I don't think she even, like, realised anything needed clearing up in the first place! And the guy's clearly hanging over the edge of THE FRIENDZONE, which is like the event horizon of relationships and you know what? He can stay there, if he hasn't got the balls to spell things out, and I don't mind messing with him a bit. "Yeah, sure thing Tony - you can come hang out with us before the party too - we can see how much girly stuff you can put up with." I give him an evil smile, one that says you're not fooling anyone... I hope. Except Mia, I guess. Suddenly, I'm getting the weirdest urge to make sure she ends up with anyone but him... good thing we've got a week, huh? That's a long time...

...hmm, Ginny's back. Wonder what that was about... wonder what's going on with her and Tatsuya. He's not back, obviously - the Powers That Be are probably after him. Maybe I'll go track him down at lunchtime.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Debt: 0+1

Huh, what's Cassius up to? I'm sure he loves being surrounded by cute girls, but I can't shake this little suspicious shiver. Mia's obviously sizing him up for the charm offensive... did I read her wrong? I thought she was the quiet type, but she's really into this whole party thing - guess she was just waiting for an opportunity to come out of her shell, shed her skin, that sort of thing. Yeah. You're getting paranoid, Sophie - guess that's what being a spy will do to you. (Can I get some moody music?)

Ginny looks a little out of it - wonder what's eating her? She disappeared as well - maybe she had something going on with Tatsuya? That doesn't really fit with what I knew before - you'd think people would've heard, and if it was a secret, why publicize it in class? What Cassius is saying lines up with that - sounds like it was a surprise to him, too. So what's going on? I mean, I'm being nosy here, but it is sorta my business if I'm going to get this info from her, so...

"Hey, you ok, Ginny? You look a bit pale." I lower my voice below Mia's, letting her sweet-talk Cassius. "I mean, you're always pale, but, you know... everything alright?" I give a shrug and a smile, and push my phone around on the desk absent-mindedly. Or that's what it should look like, at least, but I made sure to boot up the vital/emotional/psych detector app, and now the phone's pointed at her. Just broad strokes, but it should clue me in to what's going on in her head.

String to Taylor for the use of Uncanny Voices. Ginny tells me a secret desire, fear, or weakness.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 2+1/5 Conditions:
Debt: 1+1

In class:

I give Ginny a sheepish smile when she offers me the leaflet. "Well, you know, I worry about the environment on the big-picture scale, like global warming and stuff, but I'm sorta out of the loop when it comes to what's happening on, like, a local level." Can't go wrong if you stick as close to the truth as possible, right? "So yeah, I'd love to know more, we should talk about it some time." I take the leaflet as Mr Darrell shuts down the conversation. I glance at my phone as I take my books out - seems Ginny's got some self-esteem issues, but it's more unidirectional than I'd have expected... I'm guessing it's her sister that's weighing on her self-confidence, since she's so popular. Well, that could be a button worth pressing.

--

Lunch:

Great, it's Atem. Somebody needs to tell that guy that there's only one situation where you can wear sunglasses inside, and it's when you're wiping out a SWAT team with kung fu and slow motion. Or when you're at a flight school in the Nevada desert, I guess. Anyway, it's not like I know him, but he's pretty well known as a jerk and a creeper so I don't feel bad about pre-judging him. I'd never really registered that he and Mia were family, though. She looks pretty uncomfortable, but it's not like I can jump in and shut down their family business. "Uh, sure, I'll save you a spot." I watch them disappear around a corner.

Buuut... you can't just dangle the word 'private' in front of me and expect me to walk away! I'll deal with bad karma later. Besides, the Leventis-es (sure, let's go with that) are rich and, like, politically active more like politically hopeless so it might be important! I hesitate for a second, then turn on my heel and follow them, keeping my eye out for convenient places to stay out of sight. There's an app on my phone that should send out an EM pulse inducing selective visual neglect in people near me, which should let me get close enough to hear them without them seeing me, but I've had some mixed results using it before...

String to Taylor for use of Elsewise Power, allowing me to use the Sasquatch move Hidden in the Scenery.
Hidden in the Scenery: 2d6+1 8
Somebody sees me: they get a string at the end of the scene if they don't draw attention to me. Experience for Dark.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 3/5 Conditions:
Debt: 2

All right, no suspicious looks so far, the app must be working... hang on, Cassius is definitely... yup, he's seen me. Crap. He gives me a (sarcastic? probably) smile and a nod, which I'd normally file straight into the 'Go Sophie!' folder but yeah, not great. I'll have to keep an eye out for him - or maybe I should grab him in private later, head things off. I need to work on my phrasing.

Anyway, I need to focus on Mia. Soooo... Atem wants in on the party as well? God, this is becoming a way bigger deal than I wanted, and that guy is definitely a plus-one too far. I've got no idea what his beef is with Penny, but I can hazard a guess based on his reputation. And a 'date night'? Did I hear that right? I thought they were, like, family? I mean, not siblings, obviously, but still... weird.

This is the trouble with eavesdropping, you get drawn into stuff you'll regret touching later. I can hear future me sighing at me, but I'm not just going to tiptoe away. Mia did not look comfortable earlier, and apart from anything else, I can't let her give Atem what he wants, that'd just be awkward for everyone concerned. Not that I think she's a doormat, but, you know... family, right? I take half a second to rehearse my lines, then I push the door open.

"Hey, Mia, sorry about this, but I was meaning to ask, I didn't want to forget..." My voice trails off when I see Atem's arm around her. Okaaaay. At least I won't have to fake being off-balance. "Uhh... everything ok?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 3/5 Conditions:

Ugh, that guy. At least he didn't make a scene, but still. I let Mia lead me out of the classroom and we start heading food-wards. Of course, I did just interrupt a private conversation, so it's only natural she'd want to know my reasons... problem is, I'm not actually that good at lying! I'm trying to get better at it (that sounds bad, I know), but like I said, rule 1 is to 'try and base your lies on the truth' and rule 1.1 is 'don't make stuff up on the spot dumbass' but I didn't exactly have much time -

"Uh, well, it doesn't really matter actually, I just..." Aw, crap. Why not give her the truth, what's the worst that could happen? "I guess I was, like, worried? I mean, you didn't seem comfortable, and Atem -" I shudder involuntarily. (That'd be a neat thing to be able to do on command, though) "Sorry, that probably sounds really weird... just, yeah." I've stopped us in the corridor so she can see my face, which I hope looks convincingly concerned. I bite my lip and do my best puppy-dog eyes. "Sorry. Can we, like, forget this?"

Surely Sophie's earnest expression of concern will earn her Mia's affection!
Turn On Mia: 2d6-1 4
Welp.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I feel myself blushing as Mia thanks me. That went a lot better than I thought it would. "Aw... well, you're welcome, Mia. Come on, let's get some food." Cassius raises his voice as we approach, sounding a little prickly, which is fair enough... I guess, though it's not like I knew he was waiting for us. Might as well be nice to him, though. "Hey, thanks for waiting around, guys." As I get closer, though, he looks like he's spacing out... am I imagining things, or is he looking at Mia? Wow, the fan club's getting bigger by the hour. "You ok, Cassius? You look a bit out of it..."

I look over to Jason, in case he wants to fill me in, but my mind's elsewhere. I could really have done without Taylor's little joke about me flirting with Mia (seriously, how does he keep track of me like that? Doesn't have have anything better to do?) but the warning about the Leventis family is flashing like a neon sign in my head. I'm going over everything I thought I knew about them - weird family, big old house, off-the-wall mayoral campaign... I'll have to do some more in-depth research later, but I'm determined to have as normal a lunch as possible. After all, I probably just blew my cover in front of their main field operative just then...

e: removed a superfluous Hold Steady roll, edited my xp back to 2 to account for singleton rule

Gato fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 21, 2016

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Cassius is taking the lead on this with Penny, which is cool. I'm sort of going with the flow here, just making small-talk, no big deal. Mia's being kinda awkward around Cassius, but in, like, a cute way. Wonder what Tony thinks about that? Definitely gotta tease him later about that... but maybe not just yet. I'm more interested in Penny, and what the deal is with this party, and how she's mixed up in it. Hopefully nobody will mind if I check my phone for a second. I send Taylor a quick text:

quote:

so what's the deal with P
then break out the scanning app. Let's see if this turns anything up...

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 8
What's Penny's deal? Confusing and alarming visions please.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Alright, time to see what all this campaign fuss is about. Bet Ginny's gonna be surprised when I turn up! I should probably do some research, though, it'd be embarrassing if I didn't know anything about the cause I'm meant to be supporting. I enter the website listed on the leaflet into my phone as I walk through the hall. The webpage looks pretty amateur - guess they've got better things to spend their money on than a web designer. Anyway, I shouldn't judge -

- huh, it's Atem. Right. Ok. This is probably just nothing. My instinct is just to push my way past him... but the way his friend circles behind me like they've done this a dozen times... poo poo. I need to get better at avoiding these situations. Say, by not antagonizing guys I barely know just to show off to Mia help a friend out...

"Hey, Atem. I'd love to talk, but I've got somewhere to be and I need to get a move on. Can I answer the questions some other time?" I emphasize the words in the hopes he'll realize how weird it sounds. He probably won't, though. "You can always, like, message me or something."

Manipulate Atem: 2d6-1 1
:rip:

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 2/5 Conditions:

Oh, it's on now! The adrenaline kicks in as Atem's gorilla buddy grabs me and the back of my head hits the wall. That's gonna leave a bruise, but it's just an alarm going off in the distance right now. Tyler. I remember the name as I scan his face, taking in the little scar on his cheek. He likes to tell people he got it in a fight; he actually got it falling off a diving board. Moron. He's got me pinned to the wall, and I really should be panicking about this... my best bet, I reckon, is to keep Atem talking. The longer they keep this up, the more likely someone will come by and see us, and this will not look good for any of them.

"I dunno, Atem, maybe I just thought your family business was creepy. I mean, cousins isn't technically incest, but still... gross." I try to catch Tyler's eye. What does he get out of this, anyway? Does he just get off on beating... poo poo. What if he does? They've clearly done this before, the way the other guy's keeping an eye out, and I really don't want Tyler to get any more violent. Yeah. Interrogation's over.

I drive my knee up towards Tyler's groin. He's ready for it, the dickhead, and he gets his thigh in the way... but he can't help tensing and curling his chest forward, bringing his neck into easy reach of my teeth. I bite down as hard as I can...

Lash Out at Tyler: 2d6+1 11
Dealing 1 harm; Tyler has to Hold Steady. Since he's an NPC, I'm going to interpret that as letting me take a follow-up action instead - if that's not ok, ignore the next part and let me know.

... and Tyler drops me with a yelp of pain. Deal with it, fucker! Have fun explaining that bite mark away! I hit the ground running and bolt for the door. That's a tip for the book I'm totally gonna write - always wear shoes you can run in...

Run Away: 2d6+1 13
Got away safely!

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 2/5 Conditions:

And breathe. Whoa. That got pretty intense, but it was also kinda... fun? Not your average after-school activity, that's for sure. As the rush fades away and the back of my head starts aching, I start worrying about how I handled that. Atem's not gonna go away, and I don't really know what he's after, or how seriously he's taking this... if he really is worried about me spying, instead of just being an rear end in a top hat, he might try something similar again, or worse. And it might not be in a public place, and they'll know I'm ready to fight back now... poo poo. I've never really had to watch my back till now.... I could ask Taylor for help, but he'll probably be difficult about it - he did warn me away, after all.

After a moment's thought, I send a text to Mia. Good thing I got her number at lunch. I'm not expecting much, but maybe she can give me a head's-up if he's planning something.

quote:

hey its sophie. ur cousin A and his buddies tried to get physical just now bc he thinks I was spying lol. Im fine but you know any way I can make him chill out? thanks xx

I catch sight of Ginny and her sister Sam in the distance, which is a lucky because I'd feel a bit nervous about going to the meeting by myself now. I wave as I approach them.

"Hey, Ginny! You're going to this environment meeting, right? Could you, like, show me the way?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 2+1/5 Conditions:

Aw, it's really sweet that Ginny's so worried about me... do I really look that bad? I'd love to unload about Atem and his goons but it's probably best if I keep this quiet for now. Don't want anyone else dragged in if I can help it. "Thanks, hun, but it's no big deal. You should see the other guy." She's got such a gentle touch, it's not difficult to smile back. "I appreciate you asking, though."

Ginny can have a string on Sophie.

I mostly hang back as Tatsu and then Cassius show up, happy to just fill in the blanks on my little map of who's dating who. No, it's not creepy. Guess I'd better keep on Tatsu's good side though, if this thing with Ginny is actually happening... though part of me really wants to tease them about it. Maybe let's get them drunk first. Anyway, guess this is it as far as the campaign goes... wow, this is even less of a thing than I thought it would be. What's the fuss about? This has got lost cause written all over it.

Still, nothing to be gained by being negative. Ginny's looking at us expectantly. "Uh, sorry if this is a stupid question, but what's the most, like, visible thing you've done? I mean, it's publicity you need, right? Problem with petitions is they don't get much airtime. How about, I dunno, a bake sale or something?" I shrug sheepishly, because holy hell does that sound corny.

"I mean, you'd need more people to run something like that, but we're not the only ones signed up to this, are we? I can help you round them up, if you want. If you let me know who we're expecting, I can go chase them up. They might respond better to, like, a fresh face or something. Shows we've got momentum, right?"

God, I feel self-conscious. And the phone in my pocket feels like a dead weight as I wait for it to buzz with a reply from Taylor. Before the meeting, I sent him a quick message.

quote:

so remind me what you want from this campaign. just names? why's that so hard?
It's not like I don't know what to do, but what I'd really like to know is what the powers that be are really after here...

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 10
What's Taylor after here? Visions are lucid and detailed, they show me what to do and I get 1 forward to doing it.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 3/5 Conditions:

Aww, trouble in paradise? I reach over and ruffle Tatsu's hair. "He-ey, earth to Tatsu, I thought this stuff was right up your street? Sticking it to the man?" I've gotta admit, I'm impressed with Ginny. She's obviously way more than your average slacktivist. Wonder if that's why I'm investigating her? I should probably check what Taylor's said, but I don't want Ginny to tell me off as well, so I turn back to her and keep talking excitedly. Man, it's so easy to get into this!

"Yeah! I'd totally be down for some old-fashioned civil disobedience. Photogenic teens versus corporate suits? You've got your story right there." Of course, there's more than one way to spin that. I should probably check who runs the local paper. "Of course, we'd have to be, like, 100% sure we'd get a sympathetic angle from whoever's telling the story... so yeah, no violence. And, um, probably more than four people... just saying."

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 3+1/5 Conditions:

Big surprise, Tatsu wants thinks we should just beat people up. Uh, newsflash, tough guy, the suits have got people they pay to do that. You'd just be playing into their hands. I don't get a chance to tell him that, because he makes some excuse about needing a smoke and ups and leaves. Riiiight. Ginny's got him really worked up, huh? I give her a look when he's out of the room. "Is he... ok?" He's been a little off the whole time, now I think about it... "You know, I'm gonna go... check. On him. Plus, he owes you an apology, so... be right back!" I've always enjoyed playing matchmaker, and I reckon I'll score some points if I can get them to kiss and make up. Though the kissing's probably optional at this stage.

Of course, my good intentions go straight down the chute when I finally find the guy, just in time to see him wheel a protesting Kyle into the bathroom. That is not cool! I mean, Kyle was an rear end in a top hat, but the guy's... disabled! You can't mess with a guy in a wheelchair! If Ginny heard about that... I rush towards the bathroom, but freeze outside the door. Okay, I've already got beaten up once today for sticking my nose into other people's business. And I've got even less reason to push in there than I did with Mia, sooo... yeah. I'm just gonna back away, and maybe I'll find some way to let her know her would-be boyfriend's actually a bit of an rear end in a top hat, but we knew that already -

There's a crash from the bathroom, and Kyle yells, and my stupid god drat instincts push me through the door and oh my God Tatsu's gone loving crazy and there's blood on the floor and -

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 4
Goodbye, Kyle.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 4/5 Conditions: Terrified
Debt: 2+1

Taking Terrified as per the prompt.

Oh my loving god.

My eyes take in the overturned wheelchair, the blood, the gag in Kyle's mouth Jesus Christ this is like first degree murder what the gently caress Tatsu and yet -

- and yet I don't run. I don't faint or throw up or panic. I pull my phone from the pocket and hold it up like a shield, or a weapon. Close enough, right?

"What the gently caress are you doing Tatsu? Is 'having a smoke', like, code for beating up cripples now?" I don't want an answer, I want him to think I'm filming him... which I really should be, but instead I'm scrolling through the 'In Case of Emergency' apps, finding the one marked 'Violence.' Here goes nothing -

Hex-Casting: 2d6+1 12
Via Elsewise Power; string to Taylor. Casting Binding on Tatsu.

The phone starts vibrating like crazy, and suddenly the room's full of colored lights which make dazzling reflections in the mirror as they coalesce around Tatsu. The phone makes a noise like an old-fashioned alarm clock and for God's sakes Taylor couldn't you have made this thing more subtle...

Then it stops, as suddenly as it started, and it's just the three of us staring at each other again. "You gonna tell me this isn't what it looks like?"

I'm interpreting the requirement to chant in tongues as a more general need to make it really obvious something supernatural is going on. Tatsu can no longer physically harm other people.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Debt: 3

It worked! I can barely hide my amazement as Tatsu repeatedly tries and fails to punch Kyle. Of course this means I don't have any evidence of him actually beating Kyle up, but I make sure I'm filming while Tatsu grabs the guy and shoves his phone in his face. I mean, he's not exactly trying to hide that it was him, but still... insurance. I definitely need some kinda leverage here because holy poo poo Tatsu got scary all of a sudden. Would he hit me? I can't rule it out - I've got no idea how long this weird phone magic will last...

I mean, Jesus, he's just casually washing off his jacket like he's done this a million times before! Like hell am I just gonna have a casual chat with him in the guys' bathroom with blood on the floor and Kyle unconscious the floor. "'Start our talk?' In here? So you're dumb as well as crazy, huh?" I try to put as much confidence into my voice as I can. "Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to go back to the meeting. You're going to come back too, and you're going to act like nothing happened. We're going to meet up, like... some time later, I don't know, just not now... and then you can tell me why I the gently caress I shouldn't tell anyone about this."

I remember when he helped me break into the school... should I have known better? "And don't go trying to beat up anyone else, you won't get far. I never thought I'd have to use this on you of all people. I swear I thought you weren't... this." I back out through the door and dash back toward the library. I could really do with a hug right now...

Run Away: 2d6+1 6
Spending a string to boost that to 7. Sophie gets away, but the scariest person there gets a string, which presumably means Tatsu.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

It's awful, but I only really stop to think about Kyle when I'm basically at the library already. It's not even because he was a bully or anything like that, and I'm still kinda freaked out, but still... selfish. But what am I gonna do about it? Even a casual 'oh hey I think someone got hurt in the bathroom gotta go bye' to a teacher in the corridor could bring down an unholy amount of poo poo on my head. Kyle doesn't seem like the type to snitch, though that word feels so, like, childish and inadequate for what just happened, so hopefully the school won't get involved. Wait, 'hopefully'? Jesus, why am I on Tatsu's side? What he was doing was way beyond standard, like, teenage fighting, or even what Atem was up to. I make my mind up when I get to the library door - I'll hear his excuse as soon as I can, and if it's not 100% on the level I'll tell... I don't know. Somebody. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Back to the library and it's like nothing's happened. Susan's here, which could be a good sign for the campaign - she's way out of my social league. I'll let Ginny do the evangelizing for now. And Lily's providing yet more evidence for the 'Sophie's got a crappy poker face' pile. What do I tell her? She's a nice enough person that she won't just forget about it if I brush her off...

"Huh, oh, it's nothing, Lily. Long day. Just..." Aha. Yeah, that might work. I lower my voice conspiratorially, though I do my best to keep my lip movements visible. "What would you do if somebody you knew, but, like, not super well was going out with someone who was actually super... dangerous?" I make a show of pausing over that last word. "Like, it wouldn't normally be my business, but this person is seriously bad news..." I'm not expecting her to have any brainwaves. But it's not a huge school, she'll probably work out who I mean, and if the grapevine works, Ginny might just hear it from someone she'd listen to...

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Awesome, she took the bait. Maybe a bit too hard, though. I really need this to say at 'rumor' status and not go any further than that. At least until I can figure out what the hell Tatsu was smoking. "I can't... uh, I can't really say, Lily." I grimace theatrically. "It's all really... messy, you know? That's why I want to try and keep this other person out of it if I can. But yeah, I'm gonna give it like a day or two and if things still look bad, it's definitely going upstairs, alright?" I don't sound too convincing in my own head, but I don't have to be. In fact, a bit of confusion could play out well for me.

My phone buzzes, giving me a welcome reason to look away from Lily. I flick past Taylor's last message to the new one from Mia. And wow, I wasn't expecting her to just up and deal with it like that. I was mostly just looking to complain, to be honest. But if she's actually got Atem to back off, that's awesome, and at the very least it looks like she's got my back. Taylor told me not to get involved, but having one member of this weird family on my side is pretty good, right? I flash Lily a quick '1 second' gesture and dash out a reply to Mia:

quote:

sweet ty so much im guessing that wasnt easy
and i can handle that 1 guy i reckon
i don't take any poo poo :P
u with family then?

Tatus's back in the room. I'm glad he's sticking to the plan, but I'm not exactly up for smalltalk with him right now, so I turn back to Lily, though I'm keeping an eye on him and Ginny...

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Man, it's like all the energy's gone out of the room. Tatsu's slumped over, Ginny's spacing out... I give her a quick look of concern, mouth 'you OK?' at her. This is all so uncomfortable now, but I don't want to bail straight away. And I should get this thing with Tatsu sorted so it's not hanging over our heads. And I need to reply to Mia. I never asked for a quiet life, but I kinda just want to go home and rest my head...

I give Mia's message another glance. The more I look at it, the more I'm worried. I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about this family. But I don't really know what to say! I get on just fine with my parents - it's not like I've never been grounded before, but it's not like I've had anything really worth standing my ground over either.

quote:

you ok? :(
I almost want to leave it at that, but I've got to try and help if I can. Mia seems pretty innocent, this might be the first time she's ever thought about defying her parents. So maybe I just need to give her a push in the right direction?

quote:

can u fake doing this thing
or talk them out of it
srsly if not you might have to just do it :(
but u can use their good will to make a plan for next time
like have an exit strategy, get people on ur side
sorry for not being much help
drat, that's pretty useless. I'm out of my depth here. It honestly feels like it'd be easier if she were, like, whistleblowing on some big corporation. Anyway. Back to reality. I put my phone away, sit down next to Tatsu and give his shoulder a shake. "Hey. You ok?" I lower my face next to his, smile, and do my best to meet his eyes over his folded arms. Like I'm trying to cheer him up. Which might actually be true? It's weirdly hard not to feel sorry for him right now. What the hell happened to him in the bathroom anyway? I keep my hand on his shoulder. "Long day, huh? I need your phone number, or you need to come up with somewhere to meet. Somewhere safe."

(Inadvertent) Turn On Tatsu: 2d6+0 7
String/promise/self.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

And now Ginny's showed up and made this weird. Or did I make it weird to start with? Well whatever, I'm not going to be planning any secret meetings now. Besides, today's been long enough already. "Sounds like we could all do with some rest, huh, Tatsu? No need to rush anything." Have a night to polish your excuses, Mr Potential Psycho. He better not try anything with Ginny, though. I move away from him - wouldn't want her getting the wrong idea! - but not that far. "It's not like I'm going to forget or anything!"

Since it feels like things are wrapping up, I'm happy to let the meeting wait until the next scene. Let me know if you've got something else in mind.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

The meeting peters out, and Ginny heads off home to walk the dog or something. I'm kinda picturing her as Snow White surrounded by woodland creatures now. Does that make Tatsu the wicked witch? Or maybe the huntsman who's meant to kill her, but saves her instead? Whatever. He's still here, looking wiped out. Guess redecorating that bathroom really took it out of him, huh? I sink back into my own chair, on my phone, letting people trickle out of the library as I type out a quick update for Taylor.

quote:

struck out with V, sorry. campaign doesn't look like much tbh. really that important? also picked up something else v interesting, will update. Anything I should know on Kowara T?
Interesting is a code phrase we agreed for dangerous. I don't know why I bother, to be honest - it's not like Taylor could do anything if Tatsu flipped out. But it still feels comforting to tell somebody. And maybe this'll distract him from my failure to make any progress with Ginny.

At last, we're the only two left in the library, slumped in our seats, not really looking at each other. Of course, it's me who breaks the silence. "So. What happened?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Tatsu starts to answer, and, yep, it's all the standard self-justifying crap I was expecting from a guy like him. Blah blah blah Kyle's a moron and he was asking for it and I didn't really want to hurt him he just started slamming his crippled head against my boot and wait what was that about dying?

What.

"Jesus." I breathe out, letting a trace of a whistle through my lips. "You know, you could have just said you were crazy... you know, there's plenty of people who can't help hurting other people 'cause the voices tell them to or they're compelled or whatever..." Think, Sophie. Why the hell would he make up some story about dying and losing his emotions? All it's gonna do is make him seem even more crazy. Which might be the plan, I guess, but it wouldn't help him in the long run - a cell's a cell, whether it's got padding on the walls or not. Maybe he actually believes it? Maybe that first accident messed him up so bad he got, like, PTSD. Yeah.

Yeah, but.

I hold up my phone. "If you'd have told anyone else..." I thought magic was just flashing lights and weird psychic stuff. Not life and death. "I know the world doesn't work quite like people think it does." But what the gently caress do I know? I should ask Taylor, but I don't really want to. This isn't his sort of problem... no, I'm being stupid, it's exactly his sort of problem. It's magic, and it's a threat. But I've dealt with it already, haven't I? Tatsu can't hurt anyone with the spell on him, but will that really be enough?

And if it does come down to a midnight raid by scary guys in night-vision goggles, could they even kill him, if what he's saying is true?

"You need help, Tatsu." Talk about stating the obvious. But then another unpleasant thought occurs to me. "Unless... would fixing it mean you die? Like you were, you know, meant to?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

"Jesus. You don't mean that..." That's all I can say. It's not everything I want to say, not by a long shot. I want to say, you've got so much ahead of you, or this is still worth it, or think of everyone who loves you but it all sounds so fake and hollow in my head. What the hell have I got myself into?

The silence stretches out. "Hey, look, I'm not going to tell anyone about earlier." Though I can't stop other people finding out. But what good would it do if I told somebody? The kind of help he wants, or even needs, he won't get it from some overworked shrink in jail. "You won't be able to hurt anybody while this... thing is still up." I point at my phone. "I don't really know how it works, but yeah. If you've got some other way of getting your kicks..." I do my best to smile, but I've got no idea how it looks. On an instinct, I move closer to where he's sitting and sit down on the floor near him. "Do you want me to help you?" I don't even know what I'm offering, to be honest, but I want him to say something, anything that will give me something to do, some way to make this less awkward and horrible and sad...

Gato fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 11, 2016

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I shake my head. "I'm not a witch, Tatsu. I'm not much of anything, really." Of course. That's what's important here, obviously. It's honestly kinda flattering that Tatsu thinks I'm some kinda badass who's seen poo poo but I really don't want him getting the wrong idea. Because I can't do it, I just can't. I don't know if that makes me a coward or weak or just a normal human loving being but I can't.

"I can't kill you, Tatsu. I'm sorry, I know I said -" Deep breath, Sophie. "I do want to help you, really. There has to be a way we can fix you without, you know..." The poor guy looks so restless and anxious, I put my hand on his shoulder almost without thinking. "... you know, so you can still get back up again. Like it was before." I don't know how it was before. I don't even know if it's possible. But I can't just walk away. Same as ever, huh?

"Let me help you. It doesn't have to end like you want it to." I've ended up very close to him, somehow. "You helped me once, and it was, like, way more important than you probably thought it was. That means it's my turn." Very, very close. I think I'm shaking. What am I doing?

Turn On Tatsu: 2d6+0 5 Tagging Fidgety for +1, and spending a String for another +1 to make 7. String/promise/give self?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

[quote="Gato" post="459807995"]

poo poo, this isn't... it's not right, is it? "I'm sorry!" It comes out a bit too loud, and I back away from him a bit too quickly. What the gently caress was I doing? I think... I think I've probably always had a crush on him, but what kind of person makes a move on a guy when he's talking about killing himself? Why would I do something that messed up? I'm pretty flustered now, but I do my best to sound natural. "Just... forget I... forget that happened, ok? And yeah, I am going to try. Let's just say I've got some contacts, ok?" Though God knows where I should start.

"As for the Principal... not much either of us can do about that, really. Guess we've gotta hope Kyle stays quiet." It comes out a bit more callous than I was hoping for, but I can't help feeling a bit put out, even under all that well-deserved guilt I'm dealing with. My head's not a pretty place to be right now. It's a pretty close fight between self-loathing and... you know. Frustration. "And, I mean... you did beat the crap out of a guy in a wheelchair. I'm just saying." He had his reasons, but it's still no excuse. Just because I'm helping him doesn't mean I've got to be ok with what he did. "Let's hope we can find you, like, a less destructive way of getting your fix." It feels pretty hollow, like everything I've said. gently caress, why is everything always so messy?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

He doesn't want me dragged into his bullshit, he says. Funny how that's turning out, huh? He got a bit uptight when I sorta implied he got off on hurting people. Guess it's the craziness that does it for him, whatever that means... but hurting people is the best sort of crazy, it seems. Convenient. Well, whatever. I don't want to think about this any more, so I don't bring it up again as he walks me to his bike. I probably shouldn't take the lift, what with... you know, everything, but screw it, I'm tired and I just want to go home. And a stupid, pathetic part of me is grateful for the opportunity to hold on tight to his waist and rest my head between his shoulders...

Home. I never thought I'd be so happy to be home. I have Tatsu drop me off at the door. Hopefully my parents will just be grateful I got a lift back, and won't get any stupid ideas. At least I've got the meeting as an excuse, but hell, I don't even really care if they do get any stupid ideas. I just want a long shower, and to do my homework, and watch some lovely TV and go to bed early... but before I do any of that, I send Mia one last text.

quote:

hey, did it work out ok?
you got me worried here...
Ill see you tomorrow right? brand new day :)

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

It's been a pretty chill couple of days, almost an anticlimax after all the drama on Monday. That doesn't mean I haven't had loads to stress out about. Even though she told me we'd catch up after school, Mia's been completely AWOL, and while I know she's alive she won't tell me where she's at. From what the police and everyone's been saying, it sounds like she had some massive bust-up with her family, but I don't quite see why she'd have to keep away from school, or not tell anyone where she's living. Are her family really that bad?

I shoot her a text because hey why not, but I'm not expecting much of an answer.

quote:

mia this is mission control
you still alive?
optional: wth is going on

I make smalltalk with Jim as I head away from school. It's nice to have someone normal around to talk to. "The environment stuff? Yeah, I didn't know what to expect, but I think I might actually be kinda into it? Hard not to be, when you know what's going on." It's not even a lie, either. Talk about becoming the mask, huh? "I mean, a lot of that's Ginny, 'cause, like, we don't exactly do much... but she makes you feel like you're part of something important." Might as well keep fishing while I'm at it. "I barely know what she's like outside the campaign stuff, though. You reckon she's got, like, a life?" The girl is a drat cipher as far as I can see. Of course, I haven't been getting too close, not with the whole Tatsu mess hanging over my head...

... speak of the devil. Tatsu's over there, squaring off with everyone's favorite meatheads. No sign of their boss, though - he's vanished as well. God, I hope they haven't eloped. Eww. I never want to think about that again. Anyway. Jim and I keep our distance from the possibly imminent showdown, but I can't help slowing down to watch. Bad news? What's that?

I'm going to go ahead and clear Terrified since Sophie's had some time to chill out. Also, Mia highlight Hot.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 Experience: 4+1/5 Conditions:

Mia actually wants to explain what's going on? Man, talk about coming in from the cold. I'm regretting coming this way now, since I doubt Tweedledum and Tweedledumber will let me waltz on past, but I should really start heading for the rendezvous.

quote:

got some poo poo kicking off but will be there asap

As soon as I hit 'send' another text comes in from Tatsu. I watch as he turns away from the table, only for Tyler to stand up and get in his way. He gives me this look that says poo poo is going down, and I'm pretty sure he wants me to stay out of it. So the smart thing would be to walk away and wait where he wants me to, since I don't think they've seen me yet... but that's becoming less likely by the second, and I don't like the idea of leaving Tatsu alone with those guys, especially since I'm not sure if the spell's worn off yet like Taylor said it would. I don't want anyone getting curbstomped if I can help it.

I turn to Jim, who just looks confused. "So, uh... I've got some beef with Kevin. You might have heard about it?" Ok, I think I'm working out how I want to do this. "I'm gonna go try and sort this out before it, like, gets out of hand..." Step (1): olive branch. If (1) unsuccessful, (2) let them take their best shot with Tatsu in my corner. If (2) unsuccessful... run, I guess. "You might not want to get involved." I'm not going to push it any further with Jim, in case he tries to go all white knight, but another witness wouldn't hurt.

Without waiting for his answer, I stride over to the table of doom. "Hey guys! My ears are burning. Kevin, I'm sorry about the neck biting thing, but, you know, my back was literally to the wall." Should I really have reminded him about that? "Look, Atem's gone off God knows where, I've got nothing against you guys and I know you wouldn't beat up a girl just because, so... can we be cool for now?"

Manipulate Kevin (and Tyler): 2d6+0 5
CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE
... experience for Hot, at least, which brings me to an advance. I'll post in the OOC thread when I decide what it is.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0+1/4 Experience: 5/5 Conditions:

Ok, this was really stup-

Ow.

You can't really prepare for being punched in the face. It's the sort of thing people get used to, I guess, but I'm not one of those people, and I hope to God I won't be. All of which is a lame after-the-fact justification for the fact I just freeze. I stand there, stunned, like I can't even believe how much it hurts and brave, stupid Tatsu is already up in Tyler's face and oh God it's going to happen again, isn't it? Am I really just going to stand there and -

My brain makes the calculation before I get to see the working. If I fight back, it's self-defense. If I fight, I can make them think twice about attacking me in the future. If I fight, I can prove to Tatsu I'm not completely useless...

As Tyler reels back from Tatsu's blow, I launch myself straight at him, feeling my feet leave the floor in a little moment of disbelief. I catch him in the chest and the whole weight of my body sends him flying back towards the table.

Lash Out Physically at Tyler: 2d6+1 13
Dealing 2 harm to Tyler.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 0/5 Conditions:

Holy poo poo, it worked! I totally took Tyler out! I'm so pumped it takes me a crucial half-second to see Jim come stumbling into me and we go down in a pile of useless limbs. I scramble to get myself up, waiting for a follow-up to my ribs... but it doesn't come. Kevin's helping Tyler up instead, while Tatsu gets back to his feet. And that's all, folks! The two stooges have had enough, I've had enough, we've all had enough so let's just head our separate ways and I can go and meet Mia...

And then Tatsu goes and fucks it all up.

Half a dozen emotions go through my head as he grabs Kevin in slow motion. Shock, disbelief, anger... I end up on cold. After everything we talked about, after all that effort I went to... he's going to throw it all away. I can't even use my phone to stop him this time - the app disappeared after I used it on Monday. Taylor's way of teaching me something, I guess. So my choices are to try to stop him... and fail, most likely, and get Jim and myself hurt, and get us all in trouble, get us all dragged down with this idiot who can't back away from a fight. Or I can walk away. Hear no evil, see no evil. And I can go and find the friend who actually needs me.

"You're right, Tatsu, I don't want to watch. I gave you a chance, you know, because I wanted to help you. But I guess there's no point if you can't help yourself."

Shut Down Tatsu: 2d6-1 7
Trading conditions - Tatsu gets Self-Destructive and gives Sophie one in return.

"Come on, Jim. You don't want to be part of this." I start to walk away. I've got to get to the gold mine now, and not look back, and not think too hard about what I'm doing. Just another day...

My advance is going to be the Sasquatch move Negatives. I'll edit into my character sheet.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 0+1/5 Conditions: Selfish

"You'd know that if you could see past what you want." Jim won't stop fretting and twitching as we make our way out of school, but I'm too busy turning Tatsu's words over in my head. What I want is for him not to die, and not to kill anybody else. Is that so unreasonable? I wanted to help him! But there's another voice in my head that's whispering: he doesn't owe you anything. You walked into his life, expected him to change because you asked nicely and almost kissed and now you're letting him get hurt because you couldn't get your way...

I can't ignore Jim forever, though, and I feel a rush of anger when he mentions Ginny. God, Tatsu just fucks up everything he touches. "No, I'd just be poo poo-stirring." Especially if she thinks I'm competition. I don't think she does, but, hey, I'm paranoid. "She'll find out anyway. He won't be able to keep this quiet." I almost say like last time, but I stop myself just in time. Don't ask why. "If he's got any decency, he'll tell her himself. If she wants to ignore it, act like he's some kinda angel... that's her choice." There's some extremely selective perception going on there anyway. Maybe she'll just shrug it off.

I part ways with Jim a few minutes later. He doesn't ask why I'm not taking my usual route home, probably because he's a bit shaken from the fight. "Hey, we didn't do anything wrong. We got dragged into a fight, we tried to, like, de-escalate, and we backed off when we could. They're not gonna hold it against us." I leave it vague who they are, but I'm reasonably Jim won't get into any more trouble. Me, on the other hand... that's the second time I've been an accessory to one of Tatsu's meltdowns. Might be we could both do with some creative editing to our school records. As for the apes, well... maybe they'll both end up in traction too. I wouldn't be too upset.

That can all wait, though. As I make my way to the old mine, I try to put it all out of my head and focus on Mia. Mia Mia Mia. Is it weird that I feel so protective toward her? Whatever. As I flick idly through my phone, I tune out from the world, and my mind starts moving sideways. Just what sort of a person is she really? What can I do to help her? What the hell am I getting myself into?

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 9
Let's have some confusing and alarming visions. Experience for Dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 1/4 Experience: 1/5 Conditions: Selfish

I'm almost at the mine now. There's not much to see, just a tunnel mouth between the trees, some barbed wire and a half-hearted looking sign: DANGER NO TRESPASSING. This was the whole reason the town existed, back in the day. Now... I'm not sure, to be honest. Anyway. I've got some time, since Mia's going to be late, apparently. I send her a short reply:

quote:

its cool, im not going anywhere

And I start working out what I can about her family. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. They wanted her to do something bad, she wouldn't do it, they have a huge fight and she runs away. She can't come to school because Atem's there. So if I wanted to help her, I'd need to find some way of reconciling her with her family... maybe if someone else did whatever it was she wouldn't do? How bad could it be really? But then I think of Atem and his cronies... yeah, it could be pretty bad. Maybe I shouldn't judge them all by his behavior. But I've never heard anything good about the Leventis family...

Taylor's message is spookily well timed as always. How does he do that? And how does he know I'm meeting Mia? Lucky guess, maybe. Could just be cold reading... wouldn't be an unreasonable assumption that I'd contact her some times. Who knows. Anyway, he's probably my best source of information on her family. I knew my hunch that they were important was right.

quote:

yeah im going to try. what do they want from her anyway?

I'm not expecting much, but it never hurts to try. It's the truth, as well. People always regret trying to cut their family out, and I need to make Mia see that. Unless they're like, super hosed up. But she'll tell me about that when she gets here, right?

• Locked thread