Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
robots and self-service kiosks gonna take the rest of the blue collar and service jobs

computer algorithyms gonna take the rest of the white collar jobs

we all get executed in Trump's poverty camps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

think you can make it driving for Uber? self-driving cars, bitch! POVERTY CAMPED

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

PoPcornTG posted:

I want the job where you get to push robots over.

that job will also be automated

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ive said it a million times here and im sure you are tired of my paranoid ramblings but:

we will automate the police and military, letting the 1% build a robot army to crush us with if we step out of line -- which we will because we will be starving

Elysium was a poo poo movie that was also a prtty accurate vision of our poo poo future

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Applewhite posted:

The trick is gonna be convincing enemy combatants to wear the appropriate Q-code so the battle-ready atlas knows who to shoot (or I guess just tell it to shoot anyone not wearing a q-code).

the robots will just access bank account records and kill anyone who isnt wealthy

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

you get it

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i have a "creative" job, so i might get to keep my job a little longer. eventually machines will be able to simulate human imagination and emotion and i'll be out on my rear end eating rats with you guys.

or the advertising money that pays my salary will dry up fast because ad budgets are one of the first things businesses cut when times are hard. then i'll be out there sucking dick for cash before you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

thats a dumbass sanitation worker doing that, tho

how long until those jobs are fully automated? how much do those guys get paid? i need a new second job

• Locked thread