Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Sup m10 buddy! Your car is totally rad, but you probably already know that. I just picked up a '78 320i that's like 1/2 way to running carbs, so I've been following a bunch of 2002 threads and builds, cos the only advice I can find for the 320 is "fix your k-jet". I'm super jealous of how little rust you've got.

I was super worried about having rotted fuel lines before I saw this thread, but I'm a little more confident now if I have to replace them.

Got a weird question for you though, where the heck do you the PCV valve to? I'm trying to see what configurations the m10 had so I can figure out where to run my valve cover vent, as there was never really a valve on the k-jet system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Thanks so much for the info guys! I don't need to pass emissions, thank gently caress. Depending on where I go and who safeties it, they might get a stick up their rear end about a lack of catalytic converter and PCV shenanigans. I'm in Winnipeg, and there's no way I'm going to get a hold of an EFI intake or anything out of a wreckers, really. There are seriously like 8 BMWs at the wreckers and they're all mid-2000s models, guys keep tabs on anything that arrives and post it on FB. The car's already suffered from some PO fuckery and both fuel pumps are gone, the in-tank is bypassed with hose and the in-line is absent. It was on its way to a carb conversion, so that's the direction I'm leaning towards as it will be less work than getting it back injection.

What do you guys think of just using a u-bent piece of hose going to a breather filter to catch the oil? I'd have to empty it out every now and again, obviously, but it might prevent the filter from fouling. From reading other threads apparently some versions of the m10 have some sort of fibrous material under the vent to catch oil too, but some don't.

Also do you guys have any idea of how the weirdo k-jet fuel lines attach to the hard lines? It doesn't look like anything I'm familiar with but I'll definitely need to remove them.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Dude that's rad of you! If I hadn't -just- found a carb kit for cheap I'd be all over it. Definitely gonna keep this kinda thing in mind for future mods though.

Also OP post more pics

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Ha look at you with your removable studs. Every downpipe over 5 years old here has the studs pretty much welded into it because of salt and heat.

• Locked thread