Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Anderson getting too old for this poo poo?
This poll is closed.
Yes 20 25.64%
Is normal 58 74.36%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0nY7ewHEcs

Hello every my fan, is me, the Anderson “Spider” Silva, and I want welcome you to GDT for UFC Fight Night: Silva vs. Bisping, 4 p.m. ET Saturday, Feb. 27 only on the UFC Fight Pass.

A while ago you remember, after the Weidman beat me, the Dana y the Lorenzo make me do the video. I say “I back… I back.” But I no back, no really. I old now, I tired. Is no my time, is no even the Weidman’s time, is the Luke Hockhold time. I no win since the Stephanie Boner. I scared my leg hurt again. I need the potions to love my wife.

But is normal. I old now. I also need the money to rent my house in Los Angeles. So I come again, I do my suspension, and now I do the fight in the UK. Let’s see who also do the fight.

Middleweight

Anderson “the Spider” da Silva

vs.

Michael “the Count” Bisping

You know all about me. I was champion for longest time, I no lose in UFC at middleweight or light heavyweight for 2,457 days, which make me have longest title streak in all UFC. Sometimes I fight, sometimes I kick, sometimes I dance, but I the best, until 2013. First the Weidman knock me out, then he check my kick and I go away for a year, then the Diaz taunt me and scare me and my leg, and I get in trouble and go away another year, but now I fight the Bisping.

The Michael Bisping also hold the record for most UFC fights without fight for the belt. He also old and slow, and have lazy eye now from the injury. He is like the Shale, he no hespect nothing. The Bisping talk a lot but he no can listen to the talk from another. He think this is his time, but he have the gameplan of walk in left circles every time and do a cheat.
Middleweight

Gegard “the Dreamcatcher” Mousasi

vs.

Thales Leites Lourenço

The Mousasi was Strikeforce champion, he was Dream champion, he beat the Ilir Latifi and then move down to my weight. He lose to Jacare, beat up old men and lose to the Uriah Hall. Is normal. He no smile very much, but he has a lot of nice apartment to rent.

I fight the Thales Leites way back in 2009 because no one else can then. I excited to fight. He sat down, I dance. He the Anderson Varejão of the jiu jitsu.

Welterweight

Tom “The Octopus” Breese

vs.

Keita “K-Taro” Nakamura

I no know him very much, but I excited for the Tom Breese to fight. He finish all his fights and make the bad man Cathal Pendred go make the salad for Dublin.

The Keita Nakamura fight for UFC long time ago, when I still champion. He lose three fight, but go fight and win many time in Japan. I fight in Japan long time ago, is not that impressive. But he back and choke Chinese man for $50,000. That almost 197,355R$.

Bantamweight

Francisco “Cisco” Rivera

vs.

Brad “One-Punch” Pickett

The Francisco Rivera also lose in UFC but come back. This time he also lose, though. He 1-4 in UFC, but almost beat my friend the Urijah Faber before he cheat.

The Brad Pickett is old and bad now. He gonna do a foolishness in this fight.

Other poo poo to Watch
Fight Pass Prelims, 12:45 p.m. ET
Featherweight Mike Wilkinson vs. Makwan Amirkhani
Bantamweight Davey Grant vs. Marlon Vera
Middleweight Scott Askham vs. Chris Dempsey
Featherweight Arnold Allen vs. Yaotzin Meza
Middleweight Brad Scott vs. Krzysztof Jotko
Lightweight Norman Parke vs. Rustam Khabilov
Heavyweight Daniel Omielańczuk vs. Jarjis Danho
Lightweight Teemu Packalén vs. Thibault Gouti
Lightweight David Teymur vs. Martin Svensson

Official Weigh-ins, 11 a.m. ET Friday, Feb. 26
http://www.ufc.com/media/Fight-Night-London-Official-Weigh-in-2016

Official MMA Snack Rating: The Quadruple Stacker from the Mid-2000s Burger King menu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOiq3N1HY6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Uh, what Anderson means to say is uh, Michael Bisping is a punk with no skill and he’s looking forward to knocking him out for all the fans. He also thanks God and his sponsors, Reebok and Burger King.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bluedeanie posted:

Uh, what Anderson means to say is uh, Michael Bisping is a punk with no skill and he’s looking forward to knocking him out for all the fans. He also thanks God and his sponsors, Reebok and Burger King.

hahahaha

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

He finish all his fights and make the bad man Cathal Pendred go make the salad for Dublin.

I don't know what this means but it seems funny and just a few days ago I was trying to figure out when Tom Breese was next booked.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

CommonShore posted:

I don't know what this means but it seems funny and just a few days ago I was trying to figure out when Tom Breese was next booked.

Cathal Pendred now owns a salad restaurant or some poo poo.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Bluedeanie posted:

He sat down, I dance. He the Anderson Varejão of the jiu jitsu.

:lol:

also i totally forgot how good that BK add was

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 25, 2016

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97_LA2Qnk2U

Markwan :allears:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Those poo poo talking classes at SBG sure have paid off.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
Rivera's face is forty-nine years old.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Centripetal Horse posted:

Rivera's face is forty-nine years old.

Wow, flashback to 2012!

outy
Aug 27, 2004

This is going to be a record setting Fight Pass event, and a great opportunity for some of these rising stars to get noticed. Amirkhani is charismatic and awesome, Tom Breese seems like the real deal and Arnold Allen might turn out to be a bit special too.
And I'm in the third row, so I'll get a good view of everything! (third row of the upper tier that is, so what?)

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
That loving Silva/Leites fight was the first UFC PPV I ever saw. Such a letdown.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Weigh ins will be starting any minute now.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Did anyone see the walk around interview Bisping did with Helwani? He was talking about how he feels that he has to win this fight no matter what to solidify his own legacy personally. It seems like this fight has really got into his head and I'm not sure if thats a good thing for him.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Gouti no-selling Packalen's curly-mustache fisticuffs rear end was pretty great. I hope Packalen gets punched hard.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Silva is looking pretty good and confident, just walked onto the scale fully clothed.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Silva is looking pretty good and confident, just walked onto the scale fully clothed.

Gotta hide that old man body for as long as he can.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Gotta hide that old man body for as long as he can.

He also looked like he wanted to kill Bisping which was pretty cool.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

Did anyone see the walk around interview Bisping did with Helwani? He was talking about how he feels that he has to win this fight no matter what to solidify his own legacy personally. It seems like this fight has really got into his head and I'm not sure if thats a good thing for him.

When it's all said and done I don't even know what Bisping's legacy will be. Like he has 25+ fights in the UFC and his most impressive win is probably knocking out a 40-year-old actor in four rounds. I guess sticking around for that long in the total absence of any notable achievements is an achievement in and of itself?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The most impressive thing that ever happened to Bisping is getting severely knocked by Hendo.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

colonel_korn posted:

When it's all said and done I don't even know what Bisping's legacy will be. Like he has 25+ fights in the UFC and his most impressive win is probably knocking out a 40-year-old actor in four rounds. I guess sticking around for that long in the total absence of any notable achievements is an achievement in and of itself?

No matter what Bisping does between now and retirement his legacy is going to be the same as Frank Trigg's - being on every UFC highlight reel until the end of time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bisping's been a great gatekeeper for the MW's for a long time. It's a shame for him that he never really got his title opportunity, but there's enough merit in being a consistent Top 5-10 roughly MW for as long as he had.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bisping's been a great gatekeeper for the MW's for a long time. It's a shame for him that he never really got his title opportunity, but there's enough merit in being a consistent Top 5-10 roughly MW for as long as he had.

Dude also gets paid like 400k a fight and has been getting paid that well since like 4 or 5 years ago, he's probably the best paid UFC fighter who has never had a title shot.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
My strongest feeling about bisping is still hating him for gloating about giving Hamill a boxing lesson after he won the robbery

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
I'm kind of disappointed that the days yearning for Bisping getting fed to Silva for a spectacular and embarrassing KO was so long ago. Now that the fight is actually here I don't feel much of anything about that outcome. I might even be more interested in Bisping winning at this point. What the gently caress.

I think what I'm trying to say is that by watching Hendo punch gifs/vids routinely for the last 7 years I think this itch has long since been scratched.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would love it if Bisping won because it'd make too many people irrationally upset.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I would love it if Bisping won because it'd make too many people irrationally upset.

Would anyone really care?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I get kicks from watching Sherdog flip its top and Sherdog would definitely flip its top.

If it's a controversial TKO or something for Bisping it'd be even better.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Count Roland posted:

Would anyone really care?

Dangersim probably.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Anime is real to Joe Silva.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

thats a great matchup. my moneys on on goku but no doubt vegeta will go the distance with him

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
bisping was a great fighter to be irrationally angry at because he'd always win enough inconsequential fights that you really wanted to see him lose, and then he always lost.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Le Saboteur posted:

oh my god

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I have a lot of fun rooting against Bisping, but it's in a jovial, lighthearted way. I don't hate him or anything, he's just a shittalking goof, and he's just as entertaining to jeer when he taunts and gloats as he is to cheer when he gets shut up. Looking forward to either outcome tomorrow :)

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Le Saboteur posted:

I hope they spend the first round charging up.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Somehow that five minutes will last three and a half hours.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Anime is for pedophiles.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Here's hoping he makes bisping look like forrest Griffin

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Le Saboteur posted:

Hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

This is a fight I can get behind.

• Locked thread