Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sometimes choice of words is just as important as being punctual and on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
But...you can save Snowflake by giving it three steaks. It's super fast and you get a goddamn TIGER :black101:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

whowhatwhere posted:

But...you can save Snowflake by giving it three steaks. It's super fast and you get a goddamn TIGER :black101:

If you look back at previous eps, there's one moment where I go into a kitchen hunting for steaks because initially I had the intent to tame Snowflake, but I couldn't find enough so I was like ah screw it I'll just show it off later. :v:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Ah. There are three in the pit/area where you wake up after Ted captures you, but fair enough, sorry for not remembering.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, don't be sorry, by that point I had eaten all the steaks because I had also forgotten :suicide:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Frank said the thing! :buddy:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Dying Light does the same thing with distant Zombies basically having no AI and basic animations, this also has the effect of distant zombies not reacting to things like molotovs or explosives which can be mildly annoying.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
It's an honest shame you left the nectar behind. When you drink it, it not only fully heals you, but you also get a free Queen.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

DoubleNegative posted:

It's an honest shame you left the nectar behind. When you drink it, it not only fully heals you, but you also get a free Queen.

Nectar is also part of a pretty good secret combo weapon.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

CJacobs posted:

Oh, don't be sorry, by that point I had eaten all the steaks because I had also forgotten :suicide:

You ran past three different steaks in the video!!! Admit that you just wanted to kill the kitty because you are a monster. I'm onto you, Carmen "Literally Hitler" Jacobs/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

You ran past three different steaks in the video!!! Admit that you just wanted to kill the kitty because you are a monster. I'm onto you, Carmen "Literally Hitler" Jacobs/

I let Snowflake live, though! Just imagine that after this fight Snowflake went to a farm for old cats where she was able to frolick and be free and chase steak butterflies in peace.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I let Snowflake live, though! Just imagine that after this fight Snowflake went to a farm for old cats where she was able to frolick and be free and chase steak butterflies in peace.

Oh so you're not even giving us the satisfaction of seeing you murder a digital murdercat! Even more of a turbo Hitler tbh.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Coffeehitler posted:

Oh so you're not even giving us the satisfaction of seeing you murder a digital murdercat! Even more of a turbo Hitler tbh.

I suppose it take a Hitler to know a Hitler.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, Hitler liked animals. Anyone advocating virtual tiger murder is at least a Stalin.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Can't you throw the steaks or something to distract her? I swear I saw another LP where the steaks played a role, but that could be just for Chuck or something.

Anyway this is a great LP, a game I always wanted to see shown off but never got around to buying. I like how chill it is, and the live commentary really works because there's actually a bit of tension of "will I do this flawlessly or will I bumble directly into a psychopath fight? Who knows!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

death .cab for qt posted:

Can't you throw the steaks or something to distract her? I swear I saw another LP where the steaks played a role, but that could be just for Chuck or something.

CJacobs said he'll show it off later, but if you give Snowflake 3 steaks after killing Ted you'll tame her and be able to take her back to the safehouse as a survivor.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can actually do it while Ted's still alive and they'll fight each other if you're a real sadistic jerk. :haw:

Snowflake's age is listed as 3. :3:

death .cab for qt posted:

Anyway this is a great LP, a game I always wanted to see shown off but never got around to buying. I like how chill it is, and the live commentary really works because there's actually a bit of tension of "will I do this flawlessly or will I bumble directly into a psychopath fight? Who knows!"

Thank you, I needed to hear this because I am having a particularly lovely day! :unsmith:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 27, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN38Vj9E4ZU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

That was a weird Dead Rising episode.

excited anyway

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
LP will most likely update tomorrow provided my internet is kind to me. It's been rainy and lovely these past few days and my connection has, shall we say, been sporadic.

I said this in the TEW/RE4 thread too, so here goes for those of you without the overlap: In other news, I like Fletcher Shears and Puzzle and all, but I want a new avatar. Please vote in this poll about which game my new avatar should be from because I really can't decide and it doesn't much matter to me!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

A gaggle of giddy gangsters, graciously giving giggles. Frank West remains stoic.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

In addition to OTR being Frank West mode, there are some changes from the base game and a big one is there's 33% more Zombies in the world (said Capcom back then), the Zombies are also much more aggressive than before and the Looters were made tougher and they spawn in more locations than before.

There's more additions than this but, you'll see them as the LP progresses, some are more major than others.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

I recall being able to leave survivors in relatively safe places (like the toilets you saved at) before psycho encounters, or do they teleport? At least for that boss you can direct them to the ladies toilets once the fight starts. Made for far more entertaining viewing though, especially the trophy slam.

Also ouch, forgot about the throat cuts.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Frank West: Covert Ops Croupier.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And we're back, sorry about that.

Needs more buttah.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Red camo exists in Metal Gear Solid 3... don't know about anywhere else, though.

I feel like Willa and Terri are a reference to Willow and Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer... possibly dating myself there.

And I imagine that what makes amusement parks amusing are... the amusements. :v:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

The chef really strikes me as being voiced by Jack Black trying not to sound like Jack Black.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Antistar01 posted:

Red camo exists in Metal Gear Solid 3... don't know about anywhere else, though.

Red camo pretty much doesn't exist in the realm of "real camo". The closest you'll get is slightly pinkish camo like this old Soviet airborne one. Full on red camo is a commercial invention that doesn't really blend in with much of anything.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

How in the world did dynamite strapped to fire extinguishers do ZERO damage to those looters? :psyduck:

e: Chuck and Antoine have the two best boss songs.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 24, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I think it did damage them. The first guy took two pokes from the pitchfork to die, the other two only needed one each.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

LashLightning posted:

The chef really strikes me as being voiced by Jack Black trying not to sound like Jack Black.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode!

He's actually voiced by Scott McNeil and every character he voices sounds pretty much like that, he was the voice of Jeice from the Ginyu Force in one of the earliest English dubs of Dragon Ball Z too.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vicissitude posted:

I think it did damage them. The first guy took two pokes from the pitchfork to die, the other two only needed one each.

I assume it's supposed to freeze enemies too, given its name, but maybe you can't freeze human enemies.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

Judge Tesla posted:

He's actually voiced by Scott McNeil and every character he voices sounds pretty much like that, he was the voice of Jeice from the Ginyu Force in one of the earliest English dubs of Dragon Ball Z too.

He was also Duo in Gundam Wing and Koga from InuYasha which is where the voice was really ringing bells for me.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

He was also Rattrap, Dinobot, Waspinator, and Silverbolt on Beast Wars :eng101:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

He was also Rattrap, Dinobot, Waspinator, and Silverbolt on Beast Wars :eng101:

Just pick a 90's dubbed anime or cartoon really.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sometimes in life you have to prioritize. Other times, you act on impulse. On rare occasions you must choose to do neither and run around like a chicken with your head cut off.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I still can't believe Patton Oswalt voices the guy. He sounds so made for the role :allears:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 2, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh my god I had no idea. Holy poo poo.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Oh my god this episode is amazing :allears:

At least you didn't save

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I had the same thing go down when I borrowed my friend's copy, so this is the point where I said "gently caress it" and returned it. I had saved when I had about the same amount of time left on the mission.

• Locked thread