Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe you should Tomm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

imgay posted:

Maybe you should Tomm!
Nah

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote Tommunist OK GO!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Max posted:

##vote Tommunist OK GO!

Come on max

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Fight, fight, fight!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Come on max

One day I will be right.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Max posted:

One day I will be right.

your read on me has never been good

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote Tomm

honk honk

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tommunist posted:

your read on me has never been good

That is exactly what I was saying there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##unvote

That was a town reaction from Tomm.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I disagree max

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max is mod confirmed town.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since where?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Max is mod confirmed town.

I know right

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Quidnose - town Quid tunnels on Max, something here feels off

Is this a joke vote? I will vote you if this isn't a jokevote.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quidnose posted:

Is this a joke vote? I will vote you if this isn't a jokevote.

An OMGUS a day keeps the apple away

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Tommunist posted:

So whos going to take the plunge and drag this game out of joke phase?

I got you breh~

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I got you breh~

thanks quidnose

Max
Nov 30, 2002

imgay posted:

I disagree max

Well Tommunist did say I suck at reading him, so this must mean he's scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now we are getting somewhere.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Max posted:

Well Tommunist did say I suck at reading him, so this must mean he's scum.

you do suck at reading me, everything you've pushed for my lynch i've been town.

including the "lets turbo lynch tom while hes asleep" incident.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well odds say this push would be as you most likely to be scum since all previous attempts were town. Its just statistics.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

imgay posted:

Well odds say this push would be as you most likely to be scum since all previous attempts were town. Its just statistics.

Not really.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

imgay posted:

Not sure if joke or gambler's fallacy.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know what gambler's falacy is

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Last time I used gambler's fallacy to implicitly trust someone it worked, probably works the other way too :goonsay:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

imgay posted:

I joked about this earlier, but are you serious?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, it makes sense imo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I wasn't joking about being Max

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

##unvote

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote
##vote imgay

Don't really like him from this page so far, the whole "you first, make content" thing and then deciding to go along with a vote on Tomm.

imgay posted:

Also, no. I mean, maybe in the sense that if you lynch the same person D1 every game of mafia you will get a hit eventually but that's obviously not plausible.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't understand your logic. If statistics say you are scum 1/10 of the time and you've been town the past 9 games, how is it a bad vote based on absolutely nothing else of substance happening in the game
. it's not a substantial vote, but it's a starting thought to avoid stagnation that's happened all day today. fart McCarthy Blvd Los Gatos CA.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

imgay posted:

I don't understand your logic. If statistics say you are scum 1/10 of the time and you've been town the past 9 games, how is it a bad vote based on absolutely nothing else of substance happening in the game
. it's not a substantial vote, but it's a starting thought to avoid stagnation that's happened all day today. fart McCarthy Blvd Los Gatos CA.

each game is independent from the others - you still have the same 10% chance of rolling scum in this hypothetical in game 10 than you did in the previous 9 games

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flying Leatherman posted:

each game is independent from the others - you still have the same 10% chance of rolling scum in this hypothetical in game 10 than you did in the previous 9 games

Objectively speaking

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

imgay posted:

I'm not going to pretend to be anything above poo poo at math but I just don't like the train of thought. Like you said it's not a substantial vote but for the little that has gone on in the game, I think your play on this page has been the weakest so far. Also I don't like the whole "you do it first thing" you did and the vote way more than I don't like the whole odds post.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk, no one else made a stance and i chose a stance. i dont get how you dont like me kickstarting this conversation. would you rather be making GBS threads thread up like you did yesterday?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

imgay posted:

idk, no one else made a stance and i chose a stance. i dont get how you dont like me kickstarting this conversation. would you rather be making GBS threads thread up like you did yesterday?

:drat:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The only thing I shitted up was my mouth with dust pasta, but early D1 is always jokey like that so I mean it's a pretty uncalled for dig. Also I have a big problem with you saying you kickstarted something when in all actuality Max did. And you didn't even kickstart the current convo. Maybe by proxy because you made a bad statistics post that people took issue with, but it's not something you can really brag about unless you're saying you did it on purpose to get a reaction which seems unlikely.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah max really held his stance by immediately unvoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##unvote
##vote imgay

Don't really like him from this page so far, the whole "you first, make content" thing and then deciding to go along with a vote on Tomm.

imgay's reasoning is very, very bad at the moment but his "you first" thing wasn't that bad, imho. That was my reaction in my head.

I voted Tomm because he came in going "who's gonna make content" when really if you want something that isn't there, just make it yourself. I wanted to see his reaction to that vote.

And also it would be funny to vote him day 1 again

• Locked thread