Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm town guys. See you day 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

I'm town guys. See you day 2.

Merk claims to be "town guys" here, but he is clearly one person.

Why the lies, Phinneus Merkleton?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
could be conjoined twins with separate identities but sharing vital organs such that lynching/nking one would also kill the other

I imagine the separate personae would make merk a doublevoter in this scenario

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

could be conjoined twins with separate identities but sharing vital organs such that lynching/nking one would also kill the other

I imagine the separate personae would make merk a doublevoter in this scenario

Ugh, ONE merk is bad enough but TWO OF THEM!?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidnose posted:

Is this a joke vote? I will vote you if this isn't a jokevote.

Is that a joke reply? I will vote you if you actually couldn't tell if I was kidding or not.

Although now my vote on you is staying because you said you're willing to vote for me regardless of what you think my alignment is. :slick:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MMT let's ally ourselves until baseball season starts.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Murmur Twin posted:

Is that a joke reply? I will vote you if you actually couldn't tell if I was kidding or not.

Although now my vote on you is staying because you said you're willing to vote for me regardless of what you think my alignment is. :slick:

I think that's fairly lazy and also a fairly easy call to make, especially since other people have already said "OMGUS" at me.

The latter statement is a misrepresentation of what I said, and you know that.

I'm not going to vote you because you're being dumb but I will keep an eye on you, I hope you stop being dumb

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm about to pass out, have a super Tuesday everyone, maybe less jokephase tomorrow?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

imgay drunk on the heady victory of overlord Trump.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Between that and my 4 midterm s this next week

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I think that's fairly lazy and also a fairly easy call to make, especially since other people have already said "OMGUS" at me.

I'm not going to vote you because you're being dumb but I will keep an eye on you, I hope you stop being dumb

Yeah, I'm just going to be honest and admit that I don't actually have any reads yet :eng99:

CCKeane posted:

MMT let's ally ourselves until baseball season starts.

Sure, who's the mark?

...wow, I just now realized that my closest home team now is the Mariners. Do they even have fans?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah, I'm just going to be honest and admit that I don't actually have any reads yet :eng99:

Sure, who's the mark?

...wow, I just now realized that my closest home team now is the Mariners. Do they even have fans?

They did in the 90's with Ichiro and Griffey Jr.

So what's going on in this game? I was focused on another game today and haven't really checked in here.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I will vote you for this.

##vote Murmur Twin

Admitting you're joshing, that your reads are nonexisting, and then sitting on your joke vote on me is bull.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

They did in the 90's with Ichiro and Griffey Jr.

So what's going on in this game? I was focused on another game today and haven't really checked in here.

Mariners were my scruffy little team in 2011/2012. Nobody could blow a 1 run game with a man on 2nd and 3rd with zero outs in the bottom of the 9th like the M's could.

I still have a soft spot for them in my heart but I haven't followed them since Ichiro left.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I will vote you for this.

##vote Murmur Twin

Admitting you're joshing, that your reads are nonexisting, and then sitting on your joke vote on me is bull.

Hah, I meant to unvote when I said the other thing but backspaced it when i replied to Keane. And then I was going to unvote in this explanation but feel like you're challenging me and I don't want to back down.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Hah, I meant to unvote when I said the other thing but backspaced it when i replied to Keane. And then I was going to unvote in this explanation but feel like you're challenging me and I don't want to back down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvlTJrNJ5lA

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
MMT and Quid are two townies that seem to be slapfighting IMO.

I don't like TMM's "sum this up for me" post when there has been like 1 page of actual dialogue and mafia play. Still don't think imgay's response was very good.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

townies... slapfighting

:eyepop:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

MMT and Quid are two townies that seem to be slapfighting IMO.

While I appreciate the vote of confidence I'm admittedly curious what about my posting so far gives you a town read?

Like to me most slapfights are the result of two townies who are so emotionally invested in their point of view that it's obvious to people not involved that they're arguing honestly.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Murmur Twin posted:

While I appreciate the vote of confidence I'm admittedly curious what about my posting so far gives you a town read?

Like to me most slapfights are the result of two townies who are so emotionally invested in their point of view that it's obvious to people not involved that they're arguing honestly.

That's sort of how it looks to me. Not the emotionally invested part, but going through your back and forth it seems rather silly. "I will vote you for this, no I'll vote YOU for this!"

slapbox me

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That wasn't a slap fight, that was barely a poke.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hugbox me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I'll tongue punch your fartbox.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: DAY ONE VOTECOUNT! :c:

TMMadman (2): Birdstrike, TMM, Quid, -Birdstrike
Tommunist (2): SSV, Max, imgay, -Max

Quidnose (1): MMT
imgay (1): DBD
Birdstrike (1): SSV, Max, Birdstrike, Tommunist, -Max, -Birdstrike, -SSV, DBD, Birdstrike, -Tommunist, -DBD

:h: 15 alive 8 to execute
:d: Day 1 deadline: Thursday, March 3rd, ~11PM EST. Or in about 35 hours from this post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote MMT

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Sure, who's the mark?

I dated a Mariners fan once. It was pretty great.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

That's sort of how it looks to me. Not the emotionally invested part, but going through your back and forth it seems rather silly. "I will vote you for this, no I'll vote YOU for this!"

##vote DBD

At this point in time I feel like DBD having a town read on Quid and I feels like a faked opinion.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*yawns casually, looks generally towards OP, shrugs shoulders, eats tofu turkey leg like a 9th century San Francisco viking*

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote merk

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote DBD

At this point in time I feel like DBD having a town read on Quid and I feels like a faked opinion.

What would be a non-faked opinion? Not commenting on it at all? Thinking one of you were scum?

The back and forth seemed silly enough to be called out as two town slapfighting. That opinion can certainly change, but it's day 1. Other people are looking worse.

What do you think of imgay?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TT would you be mad if I wanted to vote you out in later on in the game if both of us survive?

I will never be able to read you because of your posting style.

I also looked at Birdstrike's post history in other games because I've never played with him and I'm inclined to say he is also DANGEROUS to keep around because of him being a jokey, one sentence, can't really dive deep into their posts sort of player like TT that you can only gauge from night actions done on them or catching inconsistencies from voting patterns.

Or am I completely alone in this line of thinking where they are decently easy to read for others?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EccoRaven posted:

*yawns casually, looks generally towards OP, shrugs shoulders, eats tofu turkey leg like a 9th century San Francisco viking*

I am eating a now melted Italian ice because nothing is in the fridge.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
i think you might be reading the wrong birdstrike because hes a deadly killer really who'll give no quarter

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

i think you might be reading the wrong birdstrike because hes a deadly killer really who'll give no quarter

Liar. Birb is just a big sack of sugar.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I told you all that I'm Max!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

TT would you be mad if I wanted to vote you out in later on in the game if both of us survive?

I will never be able to read you because of your posting style.

I also looked at Birdstrike's post history in other games because I've never played with him and I'm inclined to say he is also DANGEROUS to keep around because of him being a jokey, one sentence, can't really dive deep into their posts sort of player like TT that you can only gauge from night actions done on them or catching inconsistencies from voting patterns.

Or am I completely alone in this line of thinking where they are decently easy to read for others?

I think voting someone you can't read is viable but it's not a move to be made if you have any strong inclination on who is scum whatsoever.

The reason I'm voting merk here, for example, is that this low effort play d1 seems out of character for his town play. On the other hand, as scum he'll take a bit more time to get moving and sooner abandon lines of thinking or indeed any posting whatsoever.

I usually wouldn't vote him for this, but as it's d1 and in all likelihood we aren't super powered as town, I'm willing to take the gamble.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Quidnose posted:

So I reread Quid/MMT and I wonder if MMT is being dumb

or being

scumb

##vote MMT

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think voting someone you can't read is viable but it's not a move to be made if you have any strong inclination on who is scum whatsoever.

The reason I'm voting merk here, for example, is that this low effort play d1 seems out of character for his town play. On the other hand, as scum he'll take a bit more time to get moving and sooner abandon lines of thinking or indeed any posting whatsoever.

I usually wouldn't vote him for this, but as it's d1 and in all likelihood we aren't super powered as town, I'm willing to take the gamble.

Yeah true.

I think me and merk always gravitate towards arguing in a thread and actually p sure he did a similar vote without explanation and we yelled at each other a lot one of those games. I don't remember his alignment. For some reason it's not bothering me this game but also I think it's because he continued to post like that so it bugged me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

Is this fake or have you really failed to understand how I play this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was just lynched as town on d1 in my last game for low effort. Literally two weeks ago. I change styles in every game, trying new things. I've said this numerous times.

That has to be fake.

• Locked thread