Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slanderer
May 6, 2007
how do i get my friends to play a game this good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Once you've finished the game you can actually head to the main menu and it'll give you a link to give around that lets people get discounts on it.

Here's the one I made yesterday, I have no idea if it's single use or anything like that.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

flatluigi posted:

Once you've finished the game you can actually head to the main menu and it'll give you a link to give around that lets people get discounts on it.

Here's the one I made yesterday, I have no idea if it's single use or anything like that.

Well, yeah, there's that. I had to slightly alter mine before posting on twitter because I have a feeling its a great way to get detected as spam. I'm mostly wondering if there are any good preview/review/whatever videos or articles that I could share that could help sell my friends on the game, since Giant Bomb's video quick look wasnt too great. If not I'll just write up my thoughts on it tomorrow, but I'm not consistently persuasive.

EDIT: Hell, even most of the video hits on google are from 2013 and 2014

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 29, 2016

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Send them a few of the replays that have been posted?

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Slanderer posted:

how do i get my friends to play a game this good?

Tell them: Superhot is the most innovative shooter I've played in years

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

ymgve posted:

Are you all getting perfect frame rates? Because I get huge FPS slowdowns every time I kill an enemy or glass shatters.

The same thing happens to me. Are you running Windows 7? It seems to be the common thread between all of the steam community posts about it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

flatluigi posted:

It's single-use - you get a steam key that gives you a discount voucher. The voucher is tradable though.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Something's happened to my SUPERHOT such that I now have the SPEEDRUN and SPEEDRUNrt achievements, even though I only have RED scores on 7 and 1 of those levels respectively.

If someone hacked my Steam account this is a pretty weird way to show it. If it's an innocent bug, well I wasn't looking forward to spending too much time in SPEEDRUNrt anyway, so whatever.

Edit: apparently it's a thing, hooray bugs? Still a little surprised that < 1% of players have the achievement if its this easy to get by accident.

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 29, 2016

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
anyone else unlocked the third CORE level yet?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I'm at work and can't check this out, but what does jumping do that breaks the game? I just recall it loving me over since it goes into real-time for the full extent of the jump and I'd get hit by bullets.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zsinjeh posted:

I'm at work and can't check this out, but what does jumping do that breaks the game? I just recall it loving me over since it goes into real-time for the full extent of the jump and I'd get hit by bullets.
1.) It lets you move faster around the level.
2.) It causes enemies to frequently aim upwards harmlessly.
3.) If you hold the jump button time stays super-slow while you're in the air.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

TechnoSyndrome posted:

The same thing happens to me. Are you running Windows 7? It seems to be the common thread between all of the steam community posts about it.

I'm on Win7 and also having this happen. Still enjoying it though. Patch would be awesome.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Kins posted:

1.) It lets you move faster around the level.
2.) It causes enemies to frequently aim upwards harmlessly.
3.) If you hold the jump button time stays super-slow while you're in the air.

Landing on enemies also kills them, which is useful in fists only and if you've lost your sword in katanas.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Morter posted:

Why the hell did you have to remind me of youdubber?

Oh my god

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Yup. Windows 7.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
How do you guys get direct .mp4 URLs from killstagram?

Also, I think I broke something.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Remember that level where you start off about to jump on three guys with a katana? I dare anyone to beat my hotswitch time.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I found a really odd glitch and I'm disappointed if it's not a secret. I'm uploading a video now.

Basically, on the final level "FREE":

Where you're supposed to shoot yourself in the head. The game won't let you put down the gun or fire anywhere other than at your head. However, the model's head reflects your camera movement. If you spin around to the right (so the model's head is facing right), then shoot at the head and quickly look left, the model's head moves left too and dodges the bullet!

In this way you can run yourself out of ammo on the final level! This causes all kind of weird things to happen, including the word "NO" flashing on screen multiple times (I actually thought this was a secret triggering). Throwing the gun at yourself or punching yourself does nothing, but as far as I can tell all you can then do is to break some random glass in one of the collapsed cabinets. Also, since you can't exit from the final level in the normal you, you have to Alt+Tab and kill the game manually.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Has anyone here figured out if the discount codes are single use, or unlimited?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Kins posted:

The developers are trolling people who ask about it via email: Apparently we need an official manual that has been discontinued.
STANDARD INTRODUCTION SCENE. ENCOURAGE SPECULATION.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This is genuinely the most fun I've had with a game for years. I've been trying out challenges and started Full Stop and it is a great excuse to throw things!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMIXtAjbJF8

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Alain Post posted:

If there's one significant complaint I have about this game, it's that there aren't enough levels that use the time gimmick in interesting ways. The level on top of a train where you can grab someone's shotgun as it flies by was like, one of the few that did anything cool. Why not have moving floors/elevators, a shootout on a highway with 60 MPH traffic, collapsing floors, etc?

Agreed, throwing the one guy in front of the speeding subway train felt genius, they need to come up with more things that use that.

Still, great game.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
One kill, one throw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEZMNe4mOFc

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I went through the story twice (the second time to get secrets) and neither time I got the "kill a bunch of dudes with one trigger press" achievements.

Then...

I got both in the same minute. :byob1:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Thanks whatever mod changed the tag/title, people should know about Superhot, the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite part in SUPERHOT is when the game told me to press ESC to disconnect, and then said that I have no control, now what do I do.

I pressed ALT + F4 and the game closed. I was really annoyed at myself because I ended up having to do that level again, I feel like this was super Meta, because I only did it to prove it didn't have control, was punished for it, and submitted because I wanted to play more. I thought it was really clever, because it's the only time ALT F4ing during their "cutscenes" made me do a level over.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Turtlicious posted:

My favorite part in SUPERHOT is when the game told me to press ESC to disconnect, and then said that I have no control, now what do I do.
I closed the game after the "I will never open superhot.exe again" scene and when I reopened the game to continue it started by replaying the chat scene instead of going on to the next bit :|

I don't like the story in this game, too grimdark meathook future etc. But the aesthetic is fun. Would be better with some music, but maybe the music would get annoying.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

This is the loving best.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this game is really cool but i kinda don't dig the aesthetic/'story'. it feels a little too... gimmicky? idk, the flashing text always distracts me and the menus are kind of a pain to figure out at first. it mostly distracts from what's just a cool game. it doesn't really need anything more than that.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Not having played it yet, everything in the gameplay videos looks super rad and every slight hint that there's anything else at all to the game makes it less and less.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Endorph posted:

this game is really cool but i kinda don't dig the aesthetic/'story'. it feels a little too... gimmicky? idk, the flashing text always distracts me and the menus are kind of a pain to figure out at first. it mostly distracts from what's just a cool game. it doesn't really need anything more than that.

Nah it's good.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Hace posted:

Nah it's good.

It's more than good. SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years!

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

CrazyLittle posted:

SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

It's SUPER HOT

SUPER
HOT
SUPER
HOT

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long does the IRC chat go for? I watched / read it for almost 15 minutes and bailed when Kaz's mother showed up to chat with everyone.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Turtlicious posted:

How long does the IRC chat go for? I watched / read it for almost 15 minutes and bailed when Kaz's mother showed up to chat with everyone.

A little over fifteen minutes (that's when the achievement pops)

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Are you guys actually reuploading for embedding or is there a way to get youtube numbers out of killstagram? I poked at the obvious things and came up blank.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I don't know why but I love the aesthetic plus the IRC chat. I wish I was part of a chat room community on a monochrome monitor (and an obnoxiously loud keyboard) :allears:

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Is there any treedude achievements? or am I just getting suckered into playing it for no reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

CrazyLittle posted:

Is there any treedude achievements? or am I just getting suckered into playing it for no reason?

Didn't look at the achievements, but came here to ask "is there any point"? I got up to 230 before the timer killed me. I'm sure some of you freaks have gone to 300+... just want to know if there's anything at the top of the tree or something.

• Locked thread