Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

One year ago tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

my dad posted:

Hi EE thread. I don't like you, but I figured you might want to see some pictures of the refugee camp in Idomeni a friend of a friend did for Vice.

http://www.vice.com/rs/read/izdaja-covecanstva-u-izbeglickom-kampu-u-idomeniju-ocima-srpskog-fotoreportera

Aptly titled "Betrayal of Humanity"

That one got to me. They're so damned brave, holy poo poo.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

He should be legally mandated to use air-quotes when he calls himself a journalist.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
http://empr.media/news/ukraine-war-updates-daily-briefings-march-28-2016/

quote:

(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense: 50 times Russian armed forces opened fire upon Ukrainian positions with the use of forbidden by the Minsk agreements heavy arms.

(5) 1 Ukrainian serviceman killed in action in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, and 8 servicemen were wounded in action.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

A Pale Horse posted:

So which stupid Putin loving human being's rereg are you? Babychoom? Teodor? That other guy who posted incessantly but who's name escapes me now?

Azov fascist, so what?

Russia's worse you retard.

It's a gimmick account that was active in the middle east thread last night, too. Just ignore it.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
The situation in eastern Ukraine is heating up again.

PDF of ceasefire violations in the past 24-48 hours:

http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/231161?download=true

OSCE report:

http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/231156

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/04/02/world/europe/ap-eu-armenia-azerbaijan.html

Time for a Putin/Erdogan proxy war in the Karabakh?

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
18 Armenian and 12 Azeri soldiers have been killed in the worst fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh in decades:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35949991

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Warcabbit posted:

PM, Iceland, resigned.

Source?

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps this handy :v:

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

never trust an elf posted:

As shameful as our world geography tends to be, I don't think Ive ever met an American that didn't know there was a distinction between cz and Chechnya. granted it doesn't come up in conversation often

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

lancemantis posted:

Most Americans are only exposed to geography and history up through high school, and their exposure is terrible

I don't think we ever even talked about the 20th century in my elementary and high school education. Our textbooks and maps still had the GDR in them like it was newish country, so maybe that was for the best. Keep in mind I finished in the early 2000s.

We only ever seemed to talk about the revolutionary war and the civil war and bits of romanticized settler history in between. We also had an entire year of state history which in my case was just more romanticized settler history that never breached beyond at most the first decade of the 20th century.

Social studies just broke down into students hating other cultures.

I think civics was the only area that wasn't a total failure.

I graduated in 2009 and had the exact same experience, complete with the bad maps.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Russia banned the Crimean Tatar Mejlis.

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-ukraine-crimean-tatars-mejlis-banned/27699264.html

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

We haven't had any Kremlin trolls in this thread in quite a while. It's almost refreshing to see them back, trying to spread their bullshit.

It was also an Assad apologist.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX7Wjq4lllw

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I think Putin wants to strengthen Nato by invading countries and giving neighboring countries in general reasons to demand a stronger Nato.

Putin is a NATO agent just like our own Brown Moses.

Brown Moses is Putin.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jeff-monson-is-now-a-citizen-of-a-pro-russian-rebel-state-in-ukraine?utm_source=fightlandfbus

lol i know this guy

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/28/mh17-investigation-prosecutors-to-reveal-where-missile-that-down/

Investigators have declared that the missile was fired by a Buk supplied by Russia and operated by separatists. I imagine Brown Moses will have more to say on this, though.

e: fb

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

az posted:

Good work BM, I mean it.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, the force projection of the Kuzentsov is laughable. The Kuzentsov is 30-40 fixed-wing plus a dozen or so helicopters, but a Nimitz, on average is something like 80-90 various aircraft, with typically 64 fixed-wing aircraft, but can host up to 130 F/A-18s.

And there's 10 of them.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

alex314 posted:

I've got a theory: someone claimed "sooner hell freezes over than Trump wins". Then the unthinkable happens and since you can't fool principles of thermodynamics all that heat has to go somewhere. :science:
Thanks Trump :argh:

gently caress.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Grouchio posted:

I hope that Putin will be cautious in dealing with Trump, for both Russia and the US' sake.

haha

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Ukraine's ambassador to Austria is reporting 26 Ukrainian soldiers KIA and 30 WIA in the last 24 hours.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
That figure earlier was way inflated, the ambassador has since taken the tweet down. Current confirmed figure is 7 KIA, 25 WIA.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Over/under on when we'll see the first Barron Trump/Kolya Lukashenko hangout session?

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
so i befriended Eduard Basurin (Deputy defense minister of the DPR) on FB many months ago with my alt account as a joke but now it's actually paying off. From his account yesterday:

quote:

The situation in the Donetsk People's Republic remains tense.
The AFU don't stop shelling. The enemy continues increasing the number of shellings of the Republic's settlements, subjecting to firing mainly the residential areas.
Over the last day the criminal forces of Ukraine 1, 777 times have fired at the territory of the DPR. Of this amount the heavy artillery was applied
366 times: MRLS – 80 times, tanks – 56 times, mortars of various caliber –
518 times, the IFVs – 53 times, antiaircraft emplacements, grenade launchers and small arms – 649 times.
Almost all the settlements which are along the line of contact have undergone firing by the AFU including: Donetsk, Makeyevka, Zaitsevo, Golmovsky, Mikhailovka, Yasinovataya, Spartak, Krutaya Balka, Zhabichevo, Aleksandrovka, Dokuchayevsk, Novomaryevka, Sakhanka, Tavricheskoye, Kominternovo, Leninskoye, Bezymennoye.
One DPR Army's serviceman was wounded because of the Ukrainian artillery shelling.
Casualties among civilians and destructions are being specified.
The enemy can't recover from losses after the unsuccessful and senseless attacks on our positions near the Avdeyevka industrial zone. Now, the Ukrainian side is collecting and evacuating the dead and wounded servicemen. So, because of the overpopulation of the 65th military-medical hospital in the locality of Chasov Yar, for transportation of severely wounded military personnel, there have arrived several transport helicopters by means of which the wounded will be evacuated to the medical institutions in the country.
The AFU has a task – to soften the discontent in the army's ranks connected with understating by command of mass death of the Ukrainian military personnel and concealment of the facts from the families. For this purpose the press center of headquarters of the "anti-terrorist operation" has started prorating the losses suffered till February 3 for coming days, after the termination of escalation of the conflict. At that the real losses of the AFU won't be made public, and only an insignificant part of consequences of their failure will be announced.
According to the obtained data from a source in the AFU General Staff over three days of offensive actions the AFU had lost 183 servicemen what has been reported to the president of Ukraine by the Chief of General Staff. The other killed, 54 servicemen and fighters of the radical nationalist organizations will be utilized by using a mobile crematorium. That was decided at the level of the commander of anti-terrorist operation group. Besides, it was decided to organize mass burial of corpses of nationalists near the locality of Andreyevka, to the northwest of Kramatorsk.
According to our investigation to the area of the locality of Dzerzhynsk there has arrived the commission of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine with representatives of military prosecutor's office who carry out pre-investigation actions and investigation into an unauthorized burning of the dead military personnel in crematoriums.
As usual, not having success of their actions near the Avdeyevka industrial zone and the Svetlodarsk salient, the enemy has passed to terrorist methods of warfare. So, this morning in the territory of LPR there had been committed an act of terrorism as a result of which the head of department of the LPR People's Militia colonel Anashchenko Oleg Vladimirovich has died.
The DPR Armed Forces' Command expresses the deepest condolences to the family!
We have not once noted that the Ukrainian side continues choosing the most sophisticated and brutal methods of war, copying the international terrorists. Without wishing to solve contradictions with the population of Donbass, the SBU has proceeded to ISIL ways of killing of our leaders.
In this regard there were tightened security measures in the DPR. We urge citizens of the Republic to show vigilance. In case of identification of doubtful persons and suspicious objects immediately to report to the emergency services MGB, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Emergency Situations and military commandant's office for a rapid response.
The AFU Command continues to carry out strengthening of units on the contact line. So, for the replacement of the AFU 72 brigade which had suffered the greatest losses there have arrived about 200 servicemen. The arrived servicemen get all types of allowance and are provided with means of individual armored protection.
Nationalistically oriented forces together with volunteers continue making attempts to create humanitarian blockade of the Republic. So, near the locality of Kurdyumovka, in the responsibility zone of the 25 brigade the group of nationalists has made an attempt to block rail transportation. The AFU Command in every possible way promotes and protects this by blocking the local residents dissatisfied with actions of radical activists. The provocations of nationalists, including also against the military personnel of AFU aren't excluded.
Thus, the Ukrainian nationalistic political leaders continue to make all efforts, for a new round of escalation of the conflict in Donbass. We don't exclude a possibility of new provocations and acts of terrorism in the territory of the Republic.
And in conclusion, the representatives of the DPR Armed Forces, MGB and the Ministry of Emergency Situations have carefully investigated the place of the Ukrainian shell-hit of the bridge near Motel in Donetsk. The experts have confirmed the fact of purposeful shelling by Ukrainian punishers with the use of MRLS "Uragan" to break the transport connection between the cities of Donetsk and Makeyevka, with one purpose – to cause the humanitarian disaster for residents of the localities.
Other explanations are purposefully spread with the help of Kiev's agents, misleading even authoritative outlets to force the international community and investigating authorities exclude such a possibility to call for responsibility the military-political leadership of Ukraine for deliberate shelling of the civilian population and objects of communications of the peaceful cities of the Republic as a result of which civilians were killed and wounded.
We insist on implementation of the decision reached in Minsk on withdrawal of arms along the entire line of contact. We are ready to observe this decision and our course remains. The same
Also I would like to state that our press service has put into operation the official website of the DPR Armed Forces (http://armiyadnr.su/) where the official and operational information of the Command will be published.

Numbers with a grain of salt obvi but wowza

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What is so wowza about information you can hardly trust even in the slightest capacity?

Ukrainian reports say 23 KIA so far since the 29th. That's a massive difference. I'm not saying there's anywhere near that number of soldiers likely killed, but the report sorta exhibits the level of violence and conflict there has been over the last several days.

On the point of the mobile crematoriums, I remember hearing that claim leveled against the NAF/Russian side of the conflict back in 2014. When did that switch sides?

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Heavy fighting all across the Donbas, in particular in Donetsk oblast. The following localities, as far as I can gather, have reported contact in the last three hours:

Mykyrivka
Shyrokyne
Yenakiieve
Zolote
Promzone
Zhovte
Kuryumivka
Metalurhiv
Kadiivka
Holubivka
Novhorodske
Holubivka
Avdiivka
Donetsk
Yasinuvata
Mayorsk
Zaysevo
Yenakijeve
Mariupol
Stakhanov
Vuhlehirsk
Lysychansk
Luhansk
Mineralne
Toretsk
Horlivka
Svitlodarsk
Bakhmut
Kalynove

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
So there have been protests in Serbia (well were last night) and they're expected to continue tonight. People are upset with the outcome of the election and the lack of transparency involved with said election. Basically Aleksandar Vučić is a budding authoritarian and this election puts him another step closer to the power he and his party are seeking. Things have gotten so intense that even goons are venturing outdoors to join the protests, with my dad taking his position at the front of at least one of the protests. My dad was then attacked by government provocateurs, but provoke him they did not, for my dad is a level-headed man. I am proud of my dad.

Update: Protests in Novi Sad are over, but more are scheduled for tomorrow night.

Pictured: Somewhere in the crowd is our fatherly figure.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Apparently there were provocateurs in the crowd in Belgrade during the protests. I didn't see much on the livestreams I was watching but there were reports on Twitter and other forms of social media about it.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

Apparently there were provocateurs in the crowd in Belgrade during the protests. I didn't see much on the livestreams I was watching but there were reports on Twitter and other forms of social media about it.

As it turns out, my dad was at the protests in his town. Apparently provocateurs wanted to start poo poo with the crowd he was with and the crowd got wind, so along with some others, he helped physically steer the crowd away from where the provocateurs were gonna be and back to safety. I guess some goons go outside after all.

edit: my dad, not my actual father.

Dusty Baker 2 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 6, 2017

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Check it out, last night in Novi Sad the government shut off the streetlights in an attempt to make the protests seem smaller or harder to see.

https://twitter.com/natasaromanof/status/850069934335983616

It did not work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
So in Novi Sad there's been a bit of a split in the left-wing camp between the communists and the liberals. One of the communist leaders gave a little speech that went a little something like this:

"While those who live from their own labor and without whom this society wouldn't work are fighting for survival, criminals called foreign investors are living large, growing fat on state subventions and tax cuts. While education is becoming less accessible to an ever large number of people, some sorts are buying their doctorates. While foreign looters are colonizing our country, our people flee to where they can actually earn enough for a living. Such a system has its name, and it's called capitalism. Capitalism is when a sick worker is asked if they've been insured, but a tycoon is not asked how they gained their first million"

(Note: Foreign looters are USA, EU, UAE, Russia, and China)

On an unrelated note, my dad is now receiving offers for membership in Marxist Facebook groups, which is loving hilarious because he's saying things like "hey maybe we should listen to the workers instead of freaking out when someone makes a speech about their plight and calls out capitalism for being poo poo" and that translates into full communism in the minds of some.

Dusty Baker 2 fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 13, 2017