Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

I like how every single Ukrainian homonazi soldier in that video speaks Russian.

Can anyone confirm that (some of) the weapons and equipment found there were russia-only models and variants?

Here's a good link. One prominent example is the AK-74M, a variant that's exclusive to Russia, Azerbaijan, and Cyprus. Guess which of those three countries probably has a stake in invading Ukraine. Also GM-94 pump-action grenade launchers, which are only in service with Russia, PKP Pechenegs, and SVD-S sniper rifles.

Someone a little more vehicle spergy could also identify the vehicles, but there's very specific T-72 variants (among others) that are Russian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm willing to bet that Putin's pulling out of Syria in the same way that he's not invading Ukraine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

And was on fire while going down..... :tinfoil:

I think that was just the plane's lights.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah, the mighty Polish army totally needed crippling. They seriously believe they are relevant to something like Russia?

Doesn't Poland live in constant fear that Russia is going to try and restart the USSR and start rolling past Ukraine? I don't think their obvious invasion of Ukraine and Crimea is helping matters.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Nazi rally being held in anything named after Bialystock is one of history's great ironies.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Brown Moses posted:

We actually know exactly who wrote it because they sent it in a Word document and didn't strip their metadata. We've already found their Facebook pages, confirming they work for the Russian MFA. Here's an example of their plagiarism:

I'm sincerely impressed that the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is demonstrating as much competence in their online arguments as a 13-year-old debating Star Wars vs. Star Trek.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Plan Z posted:

Hell, Malcolm X looks better now than he did thirty years ago.

That's a good quote for a KKK member, funny enough.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I always forget how sweaty that guy is.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Not the caterpillars!

quote:

Ukraine's State Security Service (SBU) has uncovered a plot between the top managers of Ukraine's largest tractor plant in Kharkiv and the plant's Russian owners, who ordered a foundry shop's equipment and unique blueprints be taken to Russia, according to the SBU's press service, UNIAN reports.

"The plant's director general who was appointed in March 2016 has already conducted preparations for dismantling, as was ordered by Kharkiv tractor plant's Russian owners, for further withdrawal of the equipment of the foundry shop to Russia. Technical documents and blueprints of the plant's produce have also been prepared for shipment abroad," the SBU said.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

In Russia there are already statues celebrating Russian soldiers invading Crimea. Now there is one in Crimea:

That's some lovingly crafted tactical gear.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gobbeldygook posted:

Our national anthem, the Star-Spangled Banner.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Apparently this was used in WW2 for catching German infiltrators. They would overprepare for call-and-response identification challenges and memorize the whole anthem, not knowing that Americans skipped huge chunks. Anyone who properly responded to "The terror of flight" with "The gloom of the grave" would be exposed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Flocons de Jambon posted:

"Dear people of the Maidan. Though I may appear to be a US government representative I'm only here as a private citizen, in fact our government has special executive branch that handles foreign relations. So when I say 'America is with you' in a few seconds it is only a wistful sentiment, not to interpreted as support in any way."

Yes, that is literally what happened. While he's a senator, he was not sent by the United States as far as I'm aware and he has no special relationship with Ukraine that would result in him being chosen by the government to represent the United States there. John McCain doesn't represent a fictional "US involvement in the Maidan" any more than I would if I flew to Kyiv and started throwing Molotovs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

No Eastern European country has self-determination except for Russia. All others are US/NATO pig-dog pawns being used to oppress Russians.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

slavatuvs posted:

RPG round allegedly captured that is of a model never exported.

Is that a hole in the rocket? Normally that means it was deactivated.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Palpek posted:

Goddamn, what is he even trying to say here:

I guess he's using the present tense as both the present tense and the past tense in a few consecutive sentences.

He was caught loving up but doesn't want to admit it, so he just word vomits the first thing he can think of to spin it as "Obama is bad, elect me."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Young Freud posted:

No wonder he's trying to duck the debates. Hilary's going to murder him with near impunity.

Eh, the people who are going to vote for Trump are going to vote for Trump. Anyone who was swayed by him already isn't going to change when he continues to just spew the first thing to come to his mind unfiltered regardless of whether or not it makes sense. The good news is that he's been so undeniably awful and crazy that all but the craziest and stupidest Republicans are also pushing away from him as a matter of principle.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Budzilla posted:

Georgia was quite successful in dealing with corruption. The previous president, Saakashvili, fired 85%+ of police officers in Georgia and asked for US assistance in training new recruits - he threw the baby out with the bath water. Saakashvili did other reforms too, he does have critics who say he overstepped his powers as President but I'm guessing he will be remembered well.

I don't think getting American training is really going to alleviate corruption and brutality among officers...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Palpek posted:

Trump's real/perceived connections with Russia might be his actual Achilles heel. If it becomes a focus in the campaign it could turn the tide.

As far as all the polls can tell, the tide was turned against Trump from the start. He's only further shot himself in the foot by being so extreme and crazy as to alienate virtually every relatively moderate Republican (and even some hard right conservatives who correctly think that the insane clown is totally unqualified for the presidency). If Trump actually becomes the president, something has gone seriously wrong with our country.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We're due soon.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's also very possible that any kind of extended war would be a terrible strain on the Russian economy. Pretending that they're not covertly invading Ukraine is one thing, but outright steaming across the border to capture Poland and restart the Warsaw Pact would bring out a level of resistance from NATO that they just couldn't handle.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

OddObserver posted:

Russia news: there was recently a "tractor march" by some regional farmers to Moscow (to let the Tzar know about local boyars corruption) that it broken up by law enforcement. Now its leader is being held on charges of "extremism".

https://meduza.io/news/2016/08/26/organizatora-probega-na-traktorah-zapodozrili-v-ekstremizme

EXTREME TRACTORS

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Who wants some nuts?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah in the sketchier parts the grocery stores have the cheese section locked down like smokes/razors and in the sketchier bars crackheads will try and sell you pounds of cheeses they've lifted. The rumour a few years ago was that Fresh Slice dollar pizza was able to grow so fast and so cheaply was because he was sourcing g cheese almost exclusively through crackhead theft.

I can't tell if you're playing along with a joke or if Canada really has cheese crime.

Edit: Oh my God it's real.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:laffo: I knew about the Ocean's Eleven heist on the Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve, but not about Canadian cheese smugglers.

Next we will have a story about actual Canadian river pirates stealing from agricultural produce barges.

Just, the quotes in these articles.

quote:

"The network involved the purchasing of cases of cheese and other food items and transporting these cases into Canada, without declaring the items or paying duty," police said.

Once the cases arrived the country, they were distributed to restaurants in southern Ontario.

The accused allegedly made a profit of over C$165,000.

The charges come three days after CBC News first reported the force was conducting an internal investigation into cheese smuggling.

A pizzeria owner west of Niagara Falls told CBC that he had been questioned by police over the issue, but assured them he had not bought any contraband dairy.

"We get all our stuff legit," said the restaurateur. "We thought it was a joke at first. Who is going to go around trying to sell smuggled cheese?"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Alexeythegreat posted:

I normally refrain from posting in D&D, but this is a special occasion

*gets ready to hear a knock on the door*

Are you still living in Russia? Just going on SA seems dangerous.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
He's also as sissy who got scared when challenged by JCVD after making GBS threads on him the whole evening at a party: http://kickassactionnews.blogspot.de/2013/02/sly-and-seagal-once-got-physical.html

Check out this article:

http://www.avclub.com/article/russia-takes-responsibility-hacks-granting-steven--245331
:allears:

Maybe we can get a sequel to that "Steven Seagal joins the police force" reality TV show where Steven "goes on vacation" in Ukraine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

And not a word of this on the telly. It's all about the Syria evacuation, the Berlin market attack, and the Russian ambassador murder, plus pointless domestic fluff.

Nobody cares about Ukraine anymore.

Yeah, turns out an entire city being destroyed and civilians blown up by the hundreds gets more air time than a few dozen soldiers.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zudgemud posted:

https://youtu.be/1NN6sZRiB-8

I assume that if this was in the US the driver would probably have been shot multiple times by both the cops, security guards and nearby civilians.

Personally I always had the predjudice that russian police were almost as gun happy as US police, partly because I know police misconduct is kind of feared/expected in Russia and partly because I have seen so many instances of eastern european riot police brutally beating football hooligans/rioters/protesters. But how common is it for russian police to shoot suspects in comparison to US levels or western european levels, is there any statistics on this that is reliable?

I think the US beats just about every country that's not a third-world shithole. Like there are countries in Latin America where carjacking is considered a "violent crime" in terms of force and the police can legally pop you in the head to stop you from driving off, even if you're not hurting anyone.

The US is currently at 1123 deaths during arrests. This includes not only shootings, but also vehicular-related deaths and people who mysteriously drop dead or suffer from "excited delirium" during an arrest.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jonnypeh posted:

Maybe it has something to do with less guns in the hands of the population, so police are less jumpy. And no "2nd amendment rights" fanatics go around openly carrying anything from a handgun to a rifle, because the russian state has the potential to gently caress them up real bad. Other than such a thing being outlawed anyway.

The thing is, US cops end up shooting a good order of magnitude more people than cops get shot. The issue is they're trained that literally anyone can pull a gun and shoot them at any time for no reason and their safety is paramount, so they react to almost anything with extreme violence.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It also, in no small part, is down to the preferential hiring of people with prior military training (which is fundamentally incompatible with responsible civilian 'frontline' policing) and, in all likelihood, an influx of cases of undiagnosed PTSD in the months and years after a period of US military-involved conflict draws to a close.

There's actually been cases where officers with prior military experience have been less likely to resort to needless violence, as they've been in situations as stressful or more stressful than trying to figure out if a suspect is armed and are able to analyze the situation and respond appropriately.

The incompatibility is in trying to adopt a military mindset without military training and experience, like Cleveland calling police stations "forward operating bases". They pretend that they're in a war zone where anything could happen, which encourages them to treat all civilians (but especially black ones, because of course) as the enemy rather than as the people they're supposed to be protecting. This is how you get cases where a call for a 12-year-old playing with what may or may not be a toy gun in the park is responded to by cops roaring their car off the road into a park and shooting at a child as they climb out of the vehicle.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Young Freud posted:

If you want to see an American intervention into Donbass, just answer "Yes".

Anyone who thought Clinton was itching for WW3 didn't know Trump.

Trump doesn't seem to know whether he wants to blow Putin or shoot Putin, which is terrifying.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Russian ambassador to the UN, Vitaly Churkin, has just dropped dead. Supposedly medical problems, but you never know with Russia.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Another one bites the dust.

Do Russian diplomats die one after the other all the time?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also, a Russian lawyer working against corruption and organized crime was injured in a fall. Some say it's suspicious, others say he was trying to use a homemade winch to lift a jacuzzi into his apartment by himself. Either one works in Russia.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Paul Manafort just got raided by the FBI.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

Performing his show about relations between the sexes, Mr Bajovic finds himself counting differences between men and women on one hand. The audience can only come up with three, which he represents with his thumb, index and middle fingers—the notorious three-finger salute of ethnic Serb nationalism. “Hurry up!” he cries. “Look what you’re making me do in the middle of Sarajevo!”

This is the best comedian in the world.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zudgemud posted:

I must admit, concentrated fascism looks beautiful from a distance.

Only because it looks like they're all on fire.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's not like this is a topic on an obscure message board that is full of people who speak Russian or are otherwise aware of Russian internet culture.

Something Awful is obscure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Arzachel posted:

What's this Pączki nonsense, that's clearly a pončiks

Gesundheit.