Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Isometric Bacon posted:

Probably old news to everyone here, but I'm discovering this stuff for the first time since I didn't really have any interest in this game prior to the beta. Apparently there was a tablet companion app where you could assist squads with aerial drones.

https://youtu.be/sxj7jWTB368

Looks neat, but would have been a nightmare to implement reliably. Not surprised it was cancelled.

Like most companion apps: Fun to tool around in once or twice, until you realize its nowhere near as fun as playing the actual game itself so the app ultimately becomes a waste of time and resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The thread title sucks as bad as the shotguns did!!!!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The map is plenty big, the bigger problem than map size is map variety. That's why having places like Central Park would be great; they'd be a huge difference from the city streets of Manhattan.

Having a few more blocks of Manhattan on the north or south wouldn't make a big deal on its own. Things need to be significantly different, which is what the DLCs are for.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Zaphod42 posted:

The map is plenty big, the bigger problem than map size is map variety. That's why having places like Central Park would be great; they'd be a huge difference from the city streets of Manhattan.

Having a few more blocks of Manhattan on the north or south wouldn't make a big deal on its own. Things need to be significantly different, which is what the DLCs are for.

I'd honestly rather they focused on content rather than expanding the map. The map staying the same size packed with content would be more appealing to me than a huge map with gently caress all to do in it (looking at you Destiny). I like the prospect of the whole map becoming a dark zone though, cause the PvE doesn't look like it has much longevity. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong but the DZ seems like it will be the main draw for a lot of players.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Just open more buildings up as new dungeons every so often with little storylines for what's happened.

Easy.

Also fix the thread title.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
And the OP, threadbare geez

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Linx posted:

I'd honestly rather they focused on content rather than expanding the map. The map staying the same size packed with content would be more appealing to me than a huge map with gently caress all to do in it (looking at you Destiny). I like the prospect of the whole map becoming a dark zone though, cause the PvE doesn't look like it has much longevity. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong but the DZ seems like it will be the main draw for a lot of players.

Yeah the whole zone being DZ is exactly what I want and its what I'm looking forward to the most. Everything else is just a bonus on top of that. Just give me a big DZ and I'm good.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Akion posted:

Friendly reminder for anyone getting screwed by Ubi's 'Murica Only policy on the Agent Origins stuff, if you PM me your platform I'll do my best to get you a code.

I don't have PM's but I'd be super grateful if America could save my British rear end again by emailing me an Agent Origins code for the PC. My throwaway address is: XYX

Finally I will be able to live the dream of being a heavily armed paramedic, blasting medicine into patients with my AR15.

Dial A For Awesome fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 28, 2016

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Central Park with lvl 30 killer penguins please.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dial A For Awesome posted:

I don't have PM's but I'd be super grateful if America could save my British rear end again by emailing me an Agent Origins code for the PC. My throwaway address is: Moonbasealan@mail.com

Finally I will be able to live the dream of being a heavily armed paramedic, blasting medicine into patients with my AR15.

If that address is accurate, you should have the code in your inbox.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Wall Street mission where you're gunning down bankers and at the end you find out they weren't killing people and weren't infected and your character turns around and shrugs to the camera.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Akion posted:

If that address is accurate, you should have the code in your inbox.

America to the rescue :patriot: Thanks

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mission near-endgame where you get reports from multiple decrypted hard-drives that you've collected finding that every single "Patient 0" in each regional outbreak was an ardent anti-vaxer.

The horror.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Note: The "entire map becomes the Dark Zone" thing was from one website. Uni hasn't confirmed/denied it.

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?aX_saaCX3sA

This is level 25 support play through of a mission.

Link is dead, anyone have a working link to this or was it pulled? Would like to see this and get my fix of gathering all the info I can before launch.

edit: not sure if this it what you linked to but found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX_saaCX3sA

GodofGravity fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 28, 2016

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Badfinger posted:

You guys really, really actually don't watch, listen, or read do you?

From having read his posting in the last thread and this one I believe it's safe to say that Tei's first language isn't English and he's doing his best but some things slip past. So don't be too hard on him for being delightfully foreign. ;)

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
The Division - Hoodie Hunting Simulator 2016

The Division - Hobo Dress-up Simulator 2016

also why did we need a new thread "for release" when the release is still more than a week away

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The new trailer showing the enemy factions shows 5 factions.

The last one is The Division, because a bunch of sleeper agents with unlimited power and no oversite and access to military grade weapons is kind of The Bad Guys.

A Good Trailer.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The new trailer showing the enemy factions shows 5 factions.

The last one is The Division, because a bunch of sleeper agents with unlimited power and no oversite and access to military grade weapons is kind of The Bad Guys.

A Good Trailer.

I'm the guy about to let the AK rip with the daesh overhead stance :jihad:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm still mad they don't have a "Slow pans through before/after scenes of NYC" set to New York Minute trailer.

It's so easy!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

I would enjoy unlockable animation sets for cosmetic rewards.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

I'm still mad they don't have a "Slow pans through before/after scenes of NYC" set to New York Minute trailer.

It's so easy!

Well we got this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrQnEsVuIQY

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm the character designer who decided hood = bad guy

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Look for the George Zimmerman consultation credit.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
This game will be a good and a fun time, please don't get mad losing loot. In the beta some goons were super salty when they died and pretty toxic. This game is balanced around you not keeping all the items you picked up just have fun.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

please do not dox me

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Usenet Magic-User posted:

In the beta some goons were super salty when they died and pretty toxic.

lol at getting mad over "losing" something with the persistence of approximately one weekend

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Thought you could pick up loot from your dead body?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

You can, if you can get to it

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

Guys don't shoot me I'm trying to extract my skittles

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

You all saw him, right? Those skittles wete obviously homing mines. I call dibs on his scarf.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I wonder if it's because hidden faces dehumanizes, and that makes it seem less like the arbitrary slaughter of people that it really is.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
The best moment of the beta was throwing a grenade into the middle of a bunch of dudes extracting stuff and then them gunning each other down in a panic.

I hope to see you all in the main game friends! :)

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

Chairman Wao posted:

The best moment of the beta was throwing a grenade into the middle of a bunch of dudes extracting stuff and then them gunning each other down in a panic.

Kinda wish I would have tried this. The best I got was some team trying to go rogue and take a bunch of us out as we were extracting. Unfortunately for them all the randoms banded together and kicked their asses.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Aesis posted:

Thought you could pick up loot from your dead body?

When you die, don't know how it determines this, but you would drop a public and private loot. The public stuff can be looted by anyone and public can be only see by you.

I had a lucky moment where I died and the M14 rifle was the only thing I wanted and it dropped as private loot, so I picked it back up.

Chairman Wao posted:

So much fun. It was real good doing this with a high electronics build to make your to sticky bomb do a stupid level of damage. It's fun watching 8 innocents try to put 4 on the rope and then scatter like cockroaches when the gunfire starts.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Legit, I could ambush people all day. There is a certain sweet moment as people first scramble to put their stupid,"cool sweater" loot on the rope.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Billy Elliot posted:

So much fun. It was real good doing this with a high electronics build to make your to sticky bomb do a stupid level of damage. It's fun watching 8 innocents try to put 4 on the rope and then scatter like cockroaches when the gunfire starts.
A sight improvement on this is to have >1 player throwing an improved sticky at the pickup spot, and doing it right before anyone's got a chance to hookup their loot.

Then you just waltz up, snatch everything and put it on the rope.

You probably won't make it through the manhunt but there giggles are worth it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Do flashbang grenades trigger your rogue status?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I realized this game reminds me a lot of Mass Effect 3's style. You've got upgradeable RPG gear, activated skills, a cover mechanic, and Garrus.

There was like 40 suggestions through the thread U rear end

In fairness my suggestion was chosen because I know dark secrets about Hezzy. :ssh:

It's so easy!

I'm going to have to use this at some point I'm certain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUwfnFlr7sE

Actually, wouldn't hurt to get playlist recommendations. Songs to hoard scarves to. During the Beta I mostly stuck to smooth jazz.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i never found an M-14.. does it sound at least remotely like the hammer of god like the real one does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Mo_Steel posted:

Actually, wouldn't hurt to get playlist recommendations. Songs to hoard scarves to. During the Beta I mostly stuck to smooth jazz.

Darude - Sandstorm

• Locked thread