Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
The family stuff seems really unique, and the asthetic so far is really cool but this game looks like it would be boring as hell single player. It might be a tad unfair to judge a game after the first dungeon but man that combat looked really simple.

Despite dooming a lot of people to suffer through single player, I dunno if I agree that it could work without the gameboy screens. Ignoring the stuff like "each player only gets a bit of the hud and a secret sidequest" which implies that only you have that information, as someone that tried to play four player PSO on the gamecube I can say that having all the menu stuff on the main screen can be a real mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Vil posted:

One thing worth noting is that while your ability to realistically kill things is gated by stats, you don't necessarily have to progress time - which happens by collecting myrrh drops, and only by collecting myrrh drops - to increase those stats.

so it's impossible to doom your hometown if you don't collect enough myrrh fast enough? that's lame but at the same time I understand why it's like that

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Exactly how garbage is blocking? Having to manually swap to it sounds annoying but couldn't it have been handy against that shockwave move? It seemed like he had enough of a startup that you have time to swap your moves around

• Locked thread