Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

b0ner of doom posted:

Why now? It's already been discussed here but in summary, people are tired of sneering leftists with worthless liberal arts degrees hammering identity politics down everyone's throat. Trump in no way represents the common person or whatever but make no mistake, he's gonna win because of this rhetoric.

Maybe that poo poo's all in your head, and so is the conservative behemoth that isn't going to take it any more (they are).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Overseas coders are garbage, and nobody wants their poo poo to be frank, which is why a lot of little Silicon Valley's are springing up, because Americans are desirable, also SF is an unlivable heap.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Whitecloak posted:

What is better nomenclature for the free-trade, open borders, disruption friendly crowd then? Neoliberal? Corporatist?

You probably detest Hillary, but she will pretty obviously be prevented from enacting further neoliberalism, because the Republican party has a hate boner for her, and she probably won't get much of anything done. In the mean time, things will barely get worse, Trump stands for himself, and only his brand, he has his family seal everywhere for fucks sake

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

on the left posted:

I see a man too cowardly to have secret service give that woman some hickory shampoo

He had no secret service detail at the time. It was not his event, he was a guest.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

My RWM father had a comment about this when I was bitching about people pretending to be rednecks and flying confederate flag on the back of their trucks.

"I'm tired of being called a racist. A lot of people like us [read: white] are tired of it. It's why you see a lot of people flying a confederate flag on the back of their trucks now. We're always blamed for everything and it's frustrating."

Bullshit victimhood aside and white privilege aside? It could be possible that this is what a lot of americans feel. They see the various protesters around the country, they see fox news stoking the flames and then they just scratch their heads.

This is getting into rough territory, and I'm sure I like most people that are not a minority have quite a bit of a struggle even remotely relating to the frustration that those who are black or hispanic go through.

But I mean it does get a tad bit frustrating when you see the tumblr types immediately just attack various other people based on their race or their background. "Oh you're a white girl supporting feminism? gently caress you! You're not black/asian/hispanic. You don't care about our causes!". Such a comment may or may not be true, but it's overall very powerful in driving people away from a cause.

The other problem with this is it puts the blame on people who really didn't do much to cause the problem. Sure, Joe Blue Collar who works at the plant may have benefited from his white privledge, but it's not so much his fault. He didn't do anything. It's the power structure in this country in the political and economic classes that have caused such a thing.

And Dear Christ I hope I worded this all okay because this isn't exactly the type of thing one can talk about without walking a tight rope.

The first reply to Snowden tweeting the election being between Goldman Sachs and Trump was a white New Yorker mocking Snowden for being white and straight.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

My governor Nikki Haley this morning on national television:

"So, I think what he’ll do to the Republican Party really makes us question who we are and what we’re about. And that’s something we don’t want to see happen.”

That attitude is the perfect encapsulation of every reason large swathes of the republican base want to burn the entire party to the ground.

:stare: Yep. It's a shame, it isn't President Obama's fault, but he broke something deep. It seems this is something that isn't going to conveniently dissipate after Nov. 7.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

oswald ownenstein posted:

I get invites to parties that aren't by other political drones so that's probably a big step up from your world

But then again normal people probably avoid you like a jehovas witness b/c they're sick of hearing about your so edgy take on white privilege and bernard sanders

You seem threatened by a guy running for President he never mentioned.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Free trade will be cool when there is free movement of labor.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

There is no way to win the democratic primary while losing black people by 80% and Latino's by 30%, sorry.

Hmm, I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump will accelerate all the annoying lefty things, little L-libs dislike.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Is it surprising, or unsurprising that Trump isn't really having anybody come out and start campaigning on his 'platform' and ride his coat-tails to Congress, or is that every Republican pol anyhow? I suppose Republicans control Congress already so it isn't an issue to them.

edit: Well this is a thing, so maybe this is what has deterred some?

https://twitter.com/Politics1com/status/705421683377741824

Sorry this is a post about partisan issues, rather than purely populism, but if it's so big, it's gotta have more to it besides Trump, no :shrug:?

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 3, 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump orders Obama indicted within 24 hours of inauguration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Maybe he'll just put them all in ICE Detention centers, and never had any intention of deporting all undocumented immigrants, but instead to imprison them. :eek:

• Locked thread