Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Namtab posted:

The boring anim with the long speech goons liked

I legitimately liked Inou Battle, but it was a pretty blatant LN-advertisement, and, since the MC is a terrible Chuuni bastard and writes using all sorts of obscure alternate kanji readings and whatnot, nobody will ever even attempt to translate the LNs. They barely touched on the most interesting point of the show, that being that there was apparently all sorts of supernatural warfare going on in the outside world at the same time the primary cast were playing around with their powers in their higschool clubroom.

Similar to Noucome in that regard (mostly tangential to the interesting bits), but at least with Noucome people are working on turning it into English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Kytrarewn posted:

I legitimately liked Inou Battle, but it was a pretty blatant LN-advertisement, and, since the MC is a terrible Chuuni bastard and writes using all sorts of obscure alternate kanji readings and whatnot, nobody will ever even attempt to translate the LNs. They barely touched on the most interesting point of the show, that being that there was apparently all sorts of supernatural warfare going on in the outside world at the same time the primary cast were playing around with their powers in their higschool clubroom.

Similar to Noucome in that regard (mostly tangential to the interesting bits), but at least with Noucome people are working on turning it into English.

God, Noucome was such an unsatisfyingly-ended adaptation.
Then recently some dude was summarizing events in later volumes on /a/ and it was just like, this is LN as all hell and I am now morbidly curious about the Cliff's Notes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm not sure what a series can offer that the original short didn't besides Hana Kanezawa and color i guess, but here's a trailer for She and Her Cat: Everything Flows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y3OtzPl50M

Shinkai's beautiful original short:
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1082692RS8xT7yB

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Kytrarewn posted:

Thank you I now understand the joke in SNAFU when Yui told the dude writing a LN that he knew a lot of difficult kanji.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
People ought to be more excited about Re:Zero, since it's originally a web novel from Narou, the same place everyone's favourite shows Overlord and KonoSuba came from! It's got a Guy stuck in Another World and a Princess to Rescue or whatever and it's going to be great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, that sounds real exciting :geno:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm adding Twin Star Excorcists to my plan to watch list. I started reading the manga and it's pretty fun.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm adding Twin Star Excorcists to my plan to watch list. I started reading the manga and it's pretty fun.

That's the one by the guy who did Binbou-gami-ga, right?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Re:Zero just sounds like All You Need is Kill + fantasy reincarnation trend. i'm gonna try it out at least, but if it plays everything straight without having any of the charm Overlord and Konosuba did, i don't see it being popular here.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im going to watch beyblade, pripara and sword gay

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

That's the one by the guy who did Binbou-gami-ga, right?

apparently

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

im going to watch beyblade, pripara and sword gay

show me a trailer for the new beyblade

how has beyblade technology advanced from the old days

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

145 is the fourth (after 160, TH170 and 230) highest Spin Track available, along with the various other 145-variants (C145, DF145, AD145, TR145, ED145, UW145, BD145, WD145, SW145, CH120/145, R145, GB145, Etc.). It can be used in Stamina customs to great effect due to its tall height, which allows for more wobbling as the Beyblade loses its spin velocity, but that being said, DF145 and UW145 has this same effect but also the added bonus of its “Down Force” which while negligible, stabilizes the Beyblade it is being used on slightly. 145, being as tall as, makes it easily susceptible to low Attackers; however, this should not be seen as a drawback because normally, Stamina types are not to be used against Attack types. The other three are the 160 Spin Track (Guardian Leviathan), TH170 Spin Track (Beat Lynx), or the 230 Spin Track (Flame Byxis) which are taller than the 145 Spin Track. TH170 outclasses it since its 170 has more Defense but does not wobble like 230. 145 has shown great Attack potential in the combo: MF Pegasus 145RF.

Beyblade Scientists are a hardworking and thorough people.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Full clip just cause it's too cute

https://jii.moe/VkE8wBnjx.webm

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

There's a new Hero Academia PV, with a lot of new animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhqVltWDqFA

Mori subbed the PV because I guess they're excited for the show too?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

Eh, the animation isn't amazing, but the manga was fun, so as long as it isn't terrible, I'm likely still gonna enjoy this.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I'm pretty hype for Sakamoto. There's certainly a good selection here.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sakamoto desu ga is going to be great, I believe in Shinji.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

What a super stacked season, even for Spring. Something for everyone, and more. Ultra hype

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Julias posted:

Eh, the animation isn't amazing, but the manga was fun, so as long as it isn't terrible, I'm likely still gonna enjoy this.

i think it looks pretty cool

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

i think it looks pretty cool

Style =/= Animation quality. Jojo season 1 had great style, but wasn't very well animated. This doesn't seem as dire as that (as in it has an actual budget), so I think it will work out fine :shobon:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'll judge the animation when there's more than a minute of it

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
There better be at least one scene in Bakuon where they speak in revs just like in The Rolling Girls.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
MHA is a BONES production. I don't think we need to worry about it looking bad.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dogsicle posted:

just give it to me now fam

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
There's a pachinko machine already out for the Phoenix Wright anime. Someone compiled videos of cutscenes here, skipping the pachinko parts.

The pachinko features cases from every game in the trilogy and then Rise From the Ashes. Is the anime going all the way!?

very important: Sawashiro is playing a mega-powerful Mei/Franziska. Chinami/Dahlia is also extremely cute. I think it's Taneda Risa's haughtiness I hear coming through?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I heard it was only going to cover the first couple of games at most, it's not unlikely that that stuff was animated specifically for the pachinko game.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sakurazuka posted:

I heard it was only going to cover the first couple of games at most, it's not unlikely that that stuff was animated specifically for the pachinko game.

Yeah, last TGS they said it was gonna be the first two but I couldn't find any recent announcements.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I had heard a complete adaptation of the Phoenix Trilogy (so 1-1 all the way through to Bridge To The Turnabout/3-5) but I can understand that might be hard to pace. Are we getting 26 episodes or 13?

Anyway, my list:

Must Watches:
  • JoJo's Bizzare Adventure Part 4: I'd trust DavidPro with my life, at this point, so I'm pretty hype for Josuke's shenanigans.
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: I've been chomping at the bit for an animated adaptation of the series for years, hopefully A1 does it justice, but I'll probably stick with it until the end even if it doesn't cause I'm desperately nostalgic for the old games.
  • My Hero Academia: A great manga full of charm and high-adrenaline action, from everything I've seen Bones gets why this series is cool and is trying to do well by it.

Probably Gonna Try
  • Macross Delta: Desperately hoping this'll be good to soothe the wounded beast in my heart that is the mecha genre fan.
  • Kabaneri and the Iron Fortress: I was a huge loving sucker for early Attack on Titan before it spiraled into full on :wtc:, so hopefully this brings that same kind of high-adrenaline "poo poo's hosed but it's also shonen as hell" style.
  • Flying Witch: SOL is usually not my thing, but I'll probably give Flying Witch at least a couple episodes.
  • Mayoiga: Getting a sort of Higurashi-style feel from the summary, in that "small town dark secret" type of way. It sounds interesting enough to give a three-ep test to.

I've got a bunch of leftovers from Winter I need to check out, including Erased and Dimension W, but I'll have to catch up on those in my own time.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I have a hard time compiling my list. Just too much good stuff...

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I have a hard time compiling my list. Just too much good stuff...

Same. I'm just gonna let Taiga manage all that for me.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Half of Pheonix Wright's runtime is going to be that loving clown

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

littleorv posted:

turnabout big top doesn't exist

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm hoping its a full 26-ep run if it's multiple Phoenix Wright games. It'd put each case at about 3-4 episodes apiece in mini-arcs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

littleorv posted:

But Moe was the best character in that case.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

mayoiga is running a kickstarter, i don't think its production is going too great, the namtab curse
https://www.makuake.com/project/mayoiga/

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Aside from Phoenix Wright, I'm going into this season pretty blind. I'm just going to watch whatever this thread tells me to so I can agree with everyone for their approval.

I'll probably watch Boy Maid, too, because the manga was cute and charming enough.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I honestly keep forgetting Kiznaiver exists.

I'll give it a shot but I'm more excited for JoJo, My Hero, and Ace Attorney.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The show about girls riding motorcycles sounds cool, the one where the summary just says "This girl loves to eat bread for breakfast" sounds cool, the DJ Chef sounds cool, and the phrase "whimsically committing suicide" sounds cool. I'll also be watching JoJo and Phoenix Wright and Flying Witch in addition to checking all those out. Kiznaiver doesn't sound very cool but I'll probably watch the first episode out of curiosity because they're a talented group. That's a lot of anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

145 is the fourth (after 160, TH170 and 230) highest Spin Track available, along with the various other 145-variants (C145, DF145, AD145, TR145, ED145, UW145, BD145, WD145, SW145, CH120/145, R145, GB145, Etc.). It can be used in Stamina customs to great effect due to its tall height, which allows for more wobbling as the Beyblade loses its spin velocity, but that being said, DF145 and UW145 has this same effect but also the added bonus of its “Down Force” which while negligible, stabilizes the Beyblade it is being used on slightly. 145, being as tall as, makes it easily susceptible to low Attackers; however, this should not be seen as a drawback because normally, Stamina types are not to be used against Attack types. The other three are the 160 Spin Track (Guardian Leviathan), TH170 Spin Track (Beat Lynx), or the 230 Spin Track (Flame Byxis) which are taller than the 145 Spin Track. TH170 outclasses it since its 170 has more Defense but does not wobble like 230. 145 has shown great Attack potential in the combo: MF Pegasus 145RF.

Beyblade Scientists are a hardworking and thorough people.

Lmao

• Locked thread